• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyan Worlds announces remake of Riven in early development

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

That's right, after *counts on fingers* FOUR remakes/remasters of Myst, Cyan is finally remaking the sequel Riven, which hasn't seen a meaningful update since the DVD release in 1998.

Full production will likely follow the release of Cyan's upcoming original adventure game Firmament, which is currently scheduled for first quarter 2023.

Last edited:
One of my favorite puzzle games. It's only got 2 puzzles. But you have to explore the entire island piecing together how to complete them. Learning about the world and it's history in the process.
Will play again if they change the solutions around. A

They need to make more games. Myst and the other titles in the series are classics of the puzzle genre, but what else have they developed recently?

They need to make more games. Myst and the other titles in the series are classics of the puzzle genre, but what else have they developed recently?
Obduction was the most recent one I played. It's a big meaty puzzle game too. it's got a VR version but I've not tried out the VR.

SF Kosmo

One of my favorite puzzle games. It's only got 2 puzzles. But you have to explore the entire island piecing together how to complete them. Learning about the world and it's history in the process.
Will play again if they change the solutions around. A
The Myst remake had an optional randomizer that would change the puzzle solutions.

The Myst remake had an optional randomizer that would change the puzzle solutions.
In Riven they would need to randomize the entire islands because blank is required to solve the big puzzle.
Edit to not give away things..

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

For the last 5 years they have been developing an original IP called Firmament, which releases Q1 next year. Before that they did Obduction, which was an excellent game in my opinion.

They're a relatively small studio so they don't have massive output but they're working on stuff. Firmament was in a bit of development hell for a while, as they did a semi-reboot of the design at one point and also I think diverted resources to the Myst remake for a bit, but it seems to be on track now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom