• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty | Review Thread

SaiyanRaoh

Hot damn! I was in love with the game, warts and all when it first launched and it continues to this day. (Didn’t even touch the console versions btw.) To learn the game is even better with the patch and expansion, I’m on hype overload.

Gudji

at least was patched out by CDPR themselves and not by the community modders.
That 70S Show Burn GIF by PeacockTV

A.Romero

Does it have a New Game + option? I finished at launch and saw they recommended starting a new game after the 2.0 update and while I liked it a lot I don't know if I can put enough time for a second playthrough plus the expansion...

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I've seen 20, 25 and 30 hours in a few reviews. Spot on for the price.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Everything Ive read makes it seem like this is truly a complete overhaul of practically the entire experience.

I platted it on the PS5 and I had my completed game character saved and ready to go, but reading through everything thats getting added and changed, Im just going to start fresh all over again. It'll be cool to see how Phantom naturally fits into the flow of the narrative.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
A 40 hour expansion better than a 8 year passion project loading simulator. Fucking lol this industry.
Cyberpunk had the shittiest launch ever and was delayed several times. Starfield launched without a hitch. Cyberpunk releasing this DLC means the game is finally playable as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me started on the bugs. Makes Bethesda bugs look amazing.

Besides Starfield is getting it's DLC stuff next year alongside Modding tools. Which will add hundreds of hours to Starfield much like it has with Skyrim, Fallout NV/4.

Fucking lol this industry indeed.

DeaDPo0L84

So... CDPR have finally redeemed themselves?
CDPR finally got out from under the thumb of their terrible investors who forced the game to launch early. This wasn't always a case of incompetent developers who simply fumbled the ball. Anyone who thinks the devs were happy to launch the game when it did after the enormous goodwill they gained from Witcher 3 is delusional.

Topher

Gold Member
Starfield kicks ass and so does Cyberpunk. Will be starting my 3rd Cyberpunk play through when I’m finished with Starfield (about 50 hours in so far).

All the haters and console warrior bitches:
suck-it-wwe.gif

I put 142 hours into my first Starfield play through and was already into my second, but now I think I'll hold off and jump back into Cyberpunk.

And yes, Starfield kicks ass.

boom suck it GIF

Damn, I nearly completed a second playthrough some months ago but stopped near the end of the main story and decided I would wait until the expansion released to enjoy the full breadth of content. Not they are saying it's best to create a brand new playthrough just to experience all the new systems and skill trees in one go. I don't have the time to start over for a 3rd time.
I don’t have the time either. But I’m still gonna do it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Has a game expansion ever won GOTY? Or even been considered?

Probably not, but this looks like a great contender...which is a shame. I imagine it would have to be re released as a 'game of the year' edition including the expansion....and then it probably still wouldn't qualify...which is ironic considering the name....

STARSBarry

Gold Member
7S921Tz.png

Ah yes because cyberpunk was tottaly a 91 at launch...

I will play it and form my own opinion metacritic can suck it.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Pretty sure the first cyberpunk started off at 90 on metacritic as well. Going to wait to see how much this drops.
Right, these critics gave the original scores that were way too high. I'm not unbiased, as I really dislike the general direction and vibe of Cyberpunk, but even then, skepticism is warranted. ACG's review was a lot more measured.

A 40 hour expansion better than a 8 year passion project loading simulator. Fucking lol this industry.
Most of the updates that make this expansion "great" like competent police AI that doesn't just spawn behind the nearest doorway are things that all of the early adopters (including me) expected from day one back almost 3 years ago.

Woggleman

I don't want it spoiled but I hope this game isn't about Idris Elba being stuck in your head. I hope he is a live and living person in this game. This sounds almost like another game set in the same location instead of just a DLC.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

The game has been out two weeks!

Anyway, on topic. this looks amazing and the reason ive waited to complete the game...the reason I bought my 4090 is upon us!

Cant wait
oh dear child, i m not even talking about Starfield, but yeah, community members are already taking care of fixing that shit for Bethesda since day one.

Last edited:
7S921Tz.png

Ah yes because cyberpunk was tottaly a 91 at launch...

I will play it and form my own opinion metacritic can suck it.
The game was nearly unplayable on consoles for 6+ months and received 90+ Metactric score. It was so bad there wasn't even a native PS5 or Xbox Series S/X version of the game made available for over an year after launch. Current-gen console owners were literally stuck playing Xbox One/PS4 upscaled versions at sub 30fps. Would have probably been in the low 70s had it been an Xbox exclusive.

I don't want it spoiled but I hope this game isn't about Idris Elba being stuck in your head. I hope he is a live and living person in this game. This sounds almost like another game set in the same location instead of just a DLC.
It is a glorified DLC with the new playable area simply being a section of the map that was blocked off in the map of the base game.

L*][*N*K

Banned
The game was nearly unplayable on consoles for 6+ months and received 90+ Metactric score. It was so bad there wasn't even a native PS5 or Xbox Series S/X version of the game made available for over an year after launch. Current-gen console owners were literally stuck playing Xbox One/PS4 upscaled versions at sub 30fps. Would have probably been in the low 70s had it been an Xbox exclusive.
What you expected after writing that:
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

oh dear child, i m not even talking about Starfield, but yeah, community members are already taking care of fixing that shit for Bethesda since day one.

Are we going to pretend Cyberpunk 2077 didn't have one the worst launches in the past decade? The game only had acceptable performance on current-gen consoles nearly 18 months after the initial release.

Raven117

Freakin knew it.

Played 1.5 last year and it was probably my game of the year. This looks to be even better.

And when compared to some recent, very similar in style, RPGs, it will show just how good Cyberpunk really is.

nikos

Looking forward to this and, especially, the 2.0 update.

Never finished the game but I'm probably going to start over for a fresh experience.

Del_X

Playing Starfield has been fun but the writing is so god damned mid outside of the side quests.

CDPR and Rockstar are the only ones making "cinematic" games with decent writing.

Top Bottom