• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die PC Build ?

Lichter

If the game comes to PC, I would think it would be on the Windows Store and probably not Steam.

There is a lot of Microsoft Studios games on Steam (Max the curse of brotherhood, Dust an elysian tail, state of decay, ...).

But yeah if they want to promote their store they have to put games on it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Locking this to Windows Store is just another way to kill any sales/hope for new episodes.

Nzyme32

Locking this to Windows Store is just another way to kill any sales/hope for new episodes.

I'm thinking they are likely to allow purchases on steam but will have a client or just the operating system level forcing you to use their services regardless of where the purchase - but that would be windows 10, not good old windows 7

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm thinking they are likely to allow purchases on steam but will have a client or just the operating system level forcing you to use their services regardless of where the purchase - but that would be windows 10, not good old windows 7

So GFWL 2.0

Orayn

I don't see why people think MS will suddenly shift to an extremely heavy-handed strategy when they're already friendly with Steam. Future stuff they publish on PC will probably wind up like Halo: Spartan Assault where there are both Steam and Windows Store versions.

If they're already giving away Windows 10 for free, they're not going to resort to holding indie games hostage to try and force people to switch.

Uraizen

Banned
"You could buy it on Steam if you wanted, but if you bought it on Xbone then you can play it right now on your PC!"

The whole cross-buy thing they were talking about earlier.

CHC

Well I remember them saying how poorly it did in sales... A PC release could at least help them break even if the situation really is that bad. I know I'd get it out of curiousity - Deadly Premonition is sitting in my Steam library right now.

Maybe I missed the announcement but are they revamping Windows store or something? There is already a store on Windows 8

The Windows 10 store is going to sell full desktop applications (integrated into XBL) ala Steam when it releases later in the year. It will not be limited to RT compatible apps like the Win 8 store.

xzeldax3

Hell yes I would buy this so hard! I don't know if I'll ever get a XB1 so I was bummed about missing out on this.

Niche indie title? PC seems like an obvious home. They'd be dumb not to. Even if it wasn't a success initially, the assets are already made and a PC port would be an easy return on a small investment.

Welp Swery retweeted me holding money up to my monitor. Exposure!

He likewise favourited my tweet about giving him money if it landed on PC

lorEg9k.png

Already have it on Xbox One, but I also have Deadly Premonition on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, so naturally I'd buy this too if it comes to PC. Gotta support SWERY!!

Buzzman

Banned
Holy shit, the one title that made me actually consider buying an xbox one for, is probably coming to PC? FUCKING YES

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If it isn't like Deadly Premonitions PC port, I'd consider it. But after that ones PC port... I'm leery about any PC ports from him/outsourced.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Oh please, be cross-buy. I grabbed this with GwG not too long ago.

Top Bottom