• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die PC Build ?

Angel_DvA

"We made a PC version. It works perfectly. Not sure if we'll release it though."

Ok...

Should have been first post...

He obviously want his game on PC but probably can't because Xbox Exclusivity ? I hope the game will find a way to PC though.

Omikaru

Day fucking one on PC. Expecting a delivery of a new graphics card today in order to enjoy another Xbox One exclusive that has made the jump to PC: Dead Rising 3. D4 would be so, so welcome on my PC right now.

Do it Swery!

Omikaru

Would you buy it if it's a "Windows Store" exclusive?

Sure, so long as I can launch it through a 10ft UI (not necessarily Steam Big Picture, but that's the one I use right now; I'm happy to switch to something else if compatibility outside of Steam increases, so long as it doesn't look like ass).

Same goes for any Origin and UPlay games, too. I'm a prolific GOG.com customer already because the game shortcuts play nicely with Steam.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Would you buy it if it's a "Windows Store" exclusive?
With Phil Spencer talking about cross-buy from the Windows store and the new Xbox app for PC, chances are high that this will happen. I don't like to have another launcher for one game, but I will do it.

I have Origin only for DA:I, Uplay for Child of Light and now even the Epic Launcher for Unreal Tournament. Guess I need another one.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Done my part, tweeted SWERY already. He's already responded to me before as he's a really nice guy.

He even mentioned GAF on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/573339207524999168

Swery is a super nice guy, and he actually loves NeoGAF. XD

He continues to be one of the nicest, most genuine guys I know in the gaming industry. Partly why I want nothing but success for him.

Blakynt

Banned
9926382.gif

Easy_D

never left the stone age
"We made a PC version. It works perfectly. Not sure if we'll release it though."

Ok...

It's a very Japanese thing to do, Grasshopper did the same thing basically, making a working port of The Silver Case on the DS but ultimately not releasing it.

Anyway,deepending on Deadly Premonition PC sales (I bet they were OK), this probably has a higher chance of appearing on PC than Alan wake

me0wish

My most wanted xbone exclusive on pc?? Yes please, this is the best gaming related news I've heard in a while.

Bought it day one on Xbox, would buy day one on PC too

I still don't feel i've paid enough for Deadly Premonition.

(P.S, The soundtrack is amazing) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDmYQiQ3j8

This is my current ringtone from about 1:44 and on. It's lovely, as is the rest of the soundtrack.

I hope this does come to PC. It's the only thing other than MCC that I own for my Xbox One and has single handedly justified my console purchase.

GrayChild

Day 0 for me. At the moment this is the only X1 title I'm interested in. I didn't one to buy a whole console for a single game, so a PC release will do just nicely.

Uraizen

Banned
But what if I bought it and didn't have an Xbone?

You would then have the Xbone version if you ever get the console. That would probably be the incentive to buy it from the Windows Store. "Play it on your PC while your family plays it on their TV!" or something like that.

Honestly, I just want a PC version for the sake of digital preservation.

Falk

that puzzling face
The Japanese way of initiating a business proposal is to get the other party really, really drunk.

I fully support this idea. A successful D4 port to PC will help make the next season a possibility, and it can piggy-back on top of Deadly Premonition's PC community (hopefully this won't need Durante's fix-up either).

Lichter

I mean, I would, but if we want any chance of it doing well enough to warrant an episode 2 they damn well better release it on Steam.

Yeah probably, but they have to start somewhere ; Steam will not allow the XBL apis or the cross buy with the Windows Store.

And I mean, I don't think that the Windows Store will have the same issues the gamers have with Origin/Uplay ; the Windows Store is pre-installed and of course no need to log in because it's pre-configured (when you Install W10 you just have to login to a Microsoft account).

Falk

that puzzling face
So Swery is here at PAX East with PC D4 but I can't for the life of me figure out how to imgur from iOS because iOS is terrible but you guys need to get here and yell about how much you want it

Nillansan

So Swery is here at PAX East with PC D4 but I can't for the life of me figure out how to imgur from iOS because iOS is terrible but you guys need to get here and yell about how much you want it

I fucking want it! Thank you for the exciting update by the way, hopefully we will get to play it soon.

Falk

that puzzling face
Details: PAX East Access Games booth has two laptops with a short demo of D4 (yes, playable PC D4 with M&KB) - demo ends with a splash screen that says "D4: Coming to PC?"

Swery says he is trying to make it happen.

p.s. Come by and say hi

Top Bottom