• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Sherlock Holmes and Watson to appear in the game?

L~A

Edit:

Full scans are out. Some more info:

• Ryuunosuke begins the game in Japan, where as a college student he’s involved in a certain case that puts him on the path to becoming a formal attorney. To better study law, he transfers to England along with Mikotoba, where he meets Holmes.
  • Most of the story will take place in London, with Japan serving as the setting for Ryuunosuke’s first case.
  • Court and investigation proceed in mostly the same way, but during investigations Ryuunosuke and Holmes will use “joint reasoning” - a system where, as Ryuunosuke, you must point out any inconsistencies in Holmes’ rapid-fire reasoning. (The example shown is Holmes accusing a witness of being a certain revolutionary.)
  • Part of the reason they settled on 3D was to allow for a very dynamic camera to match Holmes’ high-speed thinking. Takumi jokes that Holmes really set the stage for the game!
  • Takumi has a deep love of the Sherlock Holmes stories, so he’s trying to respect the character. Holmes is described as falling somewhere between the “storybook Holmes” and a “real Holmes” - a man who focuses maybe too much on his investigations, but isn’t a bad person at heart.
  • Ryuunosuke and Holmes’ meeting is a key point of the game.

Official site should update later today.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban = "The Great Ace Attorney".

Comes from some Famitsu leaks.

Looks like Sherlock Holmes and Watson are in the game... only thing is, Watson is said to be a 8yo girl. Looks like we have the identity of the mysterious 2 characters on the official website.

sanstitred6p36.png

Gematsu got some more details:

Famitsu also introduces a new element called “Joint Reasoning.” As Naruhodou and Holmes work together to solve mysteries, players will point out where Holmes is taking his reasoning further than the truth in order to get to the bottom of what really happened.

As far as the game’s flow goes, it will be similar to previous entries in that it follows detective and courtroom parts. This time, however, it will have both 3D characters and 3D backgrounds. The actual depth of the background will be utilized (meaning, the character can actually go into the background).

Source

Mik317

Comes from some Famitsu leaks.

Looks like Sherlock Holmes and Watson are in the game... only thing is, Watson is said to be a 8yo girl. Looks like we have the identity of the mysterious 2 characters on the official website.

Unfortunately... that's all the info for now.

Source

this thread will be interesting....

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
i never realized sherlock holmes was american

It'd be even better if they were still English, but had to come to Japan for a special case. So, you know, we can get things like "Oh, Watson, stop asking always, we're finally here. Ah, America!" In the Western version.

GSR

Oh you cheeky bastid, you posted it while I was typing up my own thread.

I'm... hoping for more solid confirmation soon, because this is just so totally nuts.

L~A

Oh you cheeky bastid, you posted it while I was typing up my own thread.

I'm... hoping for more solid confirmation soon, because this is just so totally nuts.

Well, GamesTalk is pretty trustworthy as far as Famitsu leaks go, so I think it's 100% legit. And as you said on Twitter, that's totally something Takumi would do.

rekameohs

Banned
Anyways, yeah, the premise of this game is pretty fantastic. I really hope that the localization team just runs with it and still makes it Los Angeles. It's just getting better and better with each game.

GSR

Well, GamesTalk is pretty trustworthy as far as Famitsu leaks go, so I think it's 100% legit. And as you said on Twitter, that's totally something Takumi would do.

I admit my Famitsu leak game is rusty, but the fact they said nothing but the other tweet's info makes me think they're just citing the other tweet. I want to believe, though!

Holmes would fit better in Professor Layton's world, but its interesting to say the least. Too bad ill probably have to wait about 5 years for a fan translation.

I don't know how they do it but they always find a way to make this series awesome with each entry.

Western release or Capcom can expect a worldwide protest!

NEO0MJ

Anyways, yeah, the premise of this game is pretty fantastic. I really hope that the localization team just runs with it and still makes it Los Angeles. It's just getting better and better with each game.

No way. I mean, they must know that their are limits to that.

rekameohs

Banned
No way. I mean, they must know that their are limits to that.

And I say no way to that! Dual Destinies shows us that there is apparently a large village of Yokai worshiping Japanese immigrants smack dab in the middle of urban California. Surely, we could see Meiji-LA!.Embrace it!

Nyoro SF

And I say no way to that! Dual Destinies shows us that there is apparently a large village of Yokai worshiping Japanese immigrants smack dab in the middle of urban California. Surely, we could see Meiji-LA!.Embrace it!

While jokes are funny, it would turn a historical game into one giant joke. I guess if you're an extreme kind of person, you'll like that, but I would prefer to play the developer's original intent in this case.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That Twitter account has also something about a new Vita game. Anyone who can translate?

NEO0MJ

While jokes are funny, it would turn a historical game into one giant joke. I guess if you're an extreme kind of person, you'll like that, but I would prefer to play the developer's original intent in this case.

Yeah. They can end the game with them sailing to America and building the japanese villages we see in the AA series.

seem Watson is Pearl expy

From the silhouette she looks more like those arrogant and demanding rich girls with bad tempers.

Shouta

Watson as an 8-year-old girl? Where's a good mind is blown gif

Should be interesting at the least. I don't really mind these whacky as heck reimaginings.

Top Bottom