• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daily Beast: President Trump Turned International Diplomacy Into A Fistfight—And Lost

I'm traveling to Scotland and Iceland later this year. I'm going to be very embarrassed when I tell people that I'm from the United States.

Coincidentally, I was in Scotland two weeks ago and every follow-up question was, "What are you guys doing over there? How did you elect reality show host?"

Tovarisc

Ugh. I don't even know how to answer that except for "over half of the US are idiots"

Less than half, but half that matters more as their 1 vote count for 1.X votes instead of 1.

Why to even cater to your "true base" when whole presidential election system favors to catering to people with most voting power?

He's a symptom not the disease.

Sometimes a symptom can be more immediately threatening than the disease itself. Like a high fever that can kill you, caused by a disease you can otherwise live with, fend off, or cure.

That's Trump: a symptom so bad, you have to stop treating the disease and deal with him first.

Ugh. I don't even know how to answer that except for "over half of the US are idiots"

Not half. Less than half the population (including kids) votes, and less than half the voters chose Trump. I mean, it's still 63 million people, but let's not distort the facts.

Binabik15

I love Merkel for speaking out and Macron and Trudeau for showing him what a pathetic old man he is when he tries his wannabe alpha handshake to prove his bigly strength and virility. They had to cuddle up to him to save NATO and the Paris treaties, now that he failed to do as he should. No need for kid gloves anymore. Except for Mr Tiny Hands, of course.

Less than half, but half that matters more as their 1 vote count for 1.X votes instead of 1.

Why to even cater to your "true base" when whole presidential election system favors to catering to people with most voting power?

Not half. Less than half the population (including kids) votes, and less than half the voters chose Trump. I mean, it's still 63 million people, but let's not distort the facts.
I know. But then I gotta explain the electoral process....I'll probably just say "I don't know how he won, I didn't vote for him"

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Oersted

Jesus christ....
B3vj7fr.gif

Donald was also too late to this meeting.

Before someone asks, noone else was too late.

SKINNER!

Banned
He's only going to be president for like 3 more years at most. Can he really do that much damage in a short time?

Lol, read up on your history. Plenty of US presidents have damaged the country's image in their first term. What a silly question.

Fercho

Yep. Trump is a tool being used against us. He might even be too stupid to realize it, but he's doing everything he can to dismantle the world's most powerful country as quickly as possible without a direct invasion or nuclear attack. At this point, we need to come to terms with the fact that the Republican Party, for the most part, are the deadliest enemies we've ever had, and we need to start treating them as such.

This post is not having the praise and discussion that deserves.

You are totally right. As somebody said in this thread, Trump is a symptom , not the desease. The real enemy, the real criminal here has been the Republican party all along. The whole "system" created by that party has been the scourge of the American people for decades, systematic fucking the poor class, shitty education system (specially for people in college), gun laws, social warfare , healthcare , racism and oppression- which also applies to the "legal" discrimination against people with criminal records and slave labor in prisons, a super villain like desire to fuck up the environment.

If the American people does not realize this sooner or later. Then change will never truly come.

Spladam

Damn man... ok, maybe we deserve that, but it's kind of a smug thing to do 4 months after the U.K. passed the Brexit referendum.
trumpmacronshake_d34130f589e0619c92cab68bc867fc9c.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.gif

The more I see this Gif the more cringey it becomes. Look at the way Macron grabs his arm to stop the assault, and it seems everyone in the crowd is looking in that direction and notices the madness.
I love Merkel for speaking out and Macron and Trudeau for showing him what a pathetic old man he is when he tries his wannabe alpha handshake to prove his bigly strength and virility. They had to cuddle up to him to save NATO and the Paris treaties, now that he failed to do as he should. No need for kid gloves anymore. Except for Mr Tiny Hands, of course.
I like this post. I'm a bit confused right now as to where the U.S.'s REAL relationship with it's European allies is.

Top Bottom