• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo [Arc System Works - Vita] announced for NA

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Better videos as it does not have someone going BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH over it.
Mission 1
Mission 2
Mission 3
*I HATE vids with commentary in case you all didnt notice.

Since its vids early on gives folks an idea of how things are when you first start out.

ASW is infamous for not releasing their games worldwide.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for Blazblue. Weirdly selective of them. Kind of stupid too. They could just dump the us version on psn for free euros. I'd have no problem with it. I had a jp vita account for a while but all the account switching pissed me off. I'm entirely dependent on localisations now:(

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't seem to be a problem for Blazblue. Weirdly selective of them. Kind of stupid too. They could just dump the us version on psn for free euros. I'd have no problem with it. I had a jp vita account for a while but all the account switching pissed me off. I'm entirely dependent on localisations now:(
They only published Chrono Phantasma in EU PSN, which is unavailable in those countries in addition to Portugal. This applies to all of the games they've published. PQube published the earlier Blazblue games.
And they are dumping the US versions on EU PSN... but not everywhere because who knows why. I have been trying to chase these kind of issues for months but it's tough to get answers.

They only published Chrono Phantasma in EU PSN, which is unavailable in those countries in addition to Portugal. This applies to all of the games they've published. PQube published the earlier Blazblue games.
And they are dumping the US versions on EU PSN... but not everywhere because who knows why. I have been trying to chase these kind of issues for months but it's tough to get answers.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's some sort of weird language support issue. I remember a Super Best Friendcast podcast episode where the hosts (Canadians) couldn't get a game w/o importing it because all games in Quebec have to be in/have French language tracks and that specific game didn't have that.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I wouldn't be surprised if it's some sort of weird language support issue. I remember a Super Best Friendcast podcast episode where the hosts (Canadians) couldn't get a game w/o importing it because all games in Quebec have to be in/have French language tracks and that specific game didn't have that.

Nothing to do with that. Plenty of English only games have been released in Europe since the 80s and are still being released.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Is this published in the west by Arc Systems themselves? Or is Sony publishing it?

Not that it matters, buying this anyway. Just curious. XD

Despite owning several BB games I did not know that. I guess a friendly e-mail to PQube is in order then:p

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Despite owning several BB games I did not know that. I guess a friendly e-mail to PQube is in order then:p
PQube? Why? Sadly they have nothing to do with Arc System Works anymore, and all their games are up on every store I think (except Persona 4 Arena which got pulled and never resurfaced).
Try contacting @Arcsystemworksu on twitter or mail them via their US and European website (and probably get nothing back or lies because the people running all those are clueless :( ).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Seems like there are 5 new Vita games getting announced every day. Where are the PS4 games?

This was out for a while now in Japan. Same goes for the other localized vita titles that get announced.

There are also time difference for development considering the PS4 is still fairly new and teams need to get up to speed with working with them. The ones that were not already proactive from the get go such as Koei, Sega and BandaiNamco is catching up.

The generation still just started for the most part and it will take time before more titles are released. If you do not see a good number of new titles come TGS then you can start to worry and ask questions.

KiTA

I would be all over this if it was a SRPG or TRPG or whatever they're calling that genre nowadays.

Since it's basically a top down Armored Core... still all over this.

If it's PSTV compatible, I'm in, if not, 15$ is a bit of a hard sell... but still interested.
Wikipedia says it is... but given how few people seem to actually know the game exists, I wouldn't be surprised if someone just set that to yes and never actually checked it.

EGM92

Wikipedia says it is... but given how few people seem to actually know the game exists, I wouldn't be surprised if someone just set that to yes and never actually checked it.

Yea I can't really trust the wiki, there's been at least 2 obscure games that weren't compatible. REALLY stupid that games like Soul sacrifice isn't compatible in NA but is in JPN, but Delta works just fine. Either way I'll definitely consider it, if there's a PS+ discount I'm in.

pahamrick

I really like the look of this, and I do love me some Armored Core -- but I'd still love a new proper Front MIssion game.

I've had a copy of FM4 sitting in my closet for years, but I can't seem to get PCSX2 to run it well on my system.

matmanx1

This looks to play like the old school "Strike" games (like Soviet Strike, remember those?) but with mech customization. At $14.99 this might be a good buy. I probably wont pick it up this week with Bloodborne coming out but in the near future it could be an easy purchase.

This looks to play like the old school "Strike" games (like Soviet Strike, remember those?) but with mech customization. At $14.99 this might be a good buy. I probably wont pick it up this week with Bloodborne coming out but in the near future it could be an easy purchase.

OT: Whenever the Strike series is mentioned around here, no one ever references Jungle Strike, which is the magnum opus of the franchise. Not picking on you, mantman, just something I've noticed lately, especially in the Flash Sale thread.

matmanx1

OT: Whenever the Strike series is mentioned around here, no one ever references Jungle Strike, which is the magnum opus of the franchise. Not picking on you, mantman, just something I've noticed lately, especially in the Flash Sale thread.

Hmm for some reason I had forgotten that one but yes I believe you are correct. If Damascus Gear approaches that level of strategic fun then it will be a good game.

pahamrick

The last of my PSN wallet funds is ready for this. Now the wait for GCT, hopefully it's up in the usual 4-5 hours from.

soultron

Banned
If the customization and combat is good, I'm totally in. I was totally addicted to Phantom Crash on the XBOX, this seems like it but top down instead.

pahamrick

do you guys think there will be a spend 100 bucks get 15 deal again in this incoming months? i think last year they did one around this months

They just did one last month, so I don't think there will be another soon.

Just noticed theres also 2 DLC packs already. More missions, parts, and weapons. $2.49 each.

Hmm... not looking good for PS TV compatibility, unless it's one of those games where they didn't label it properly.

Also, holy shit, they should've replaced the font, because the screencaps w/ the operator girl have entire sentences with spaces so small, they make everything look like one word.

pahamrick

Hmm... not looking good for PS TV compatibility, unless it's one of those games where they didn't label it properly.

Also, holy shit, they should've replaced the font, because the screencaps w/ the operator girl have entire sentences with spaces so small, they make everything look like one word.

Yeah, that's actually my biggest complaint right now. It makes it awkward to read.

I've got a few screenshots I grabbed. First, the aforementioned text issue:

OXcFEgM.jpg

It's pretty terrible, imo.

I do like the loading screen, though.

xvTMsxz.jpg

You can customize colors and name your Gear though, which is always appreciated.
8ucANQz.jpg

Standard parts shop in addition to the parts you get from drops and completing missions.
lZ8tbgC.jpg

The dock, where you equip the new parts.
HqvGKrr.jpg

So far I've been enjoying it, and it does kinda remind me of the Strike games. 3 missions in, and I don't regret holding on to the last $15 in my PSN wallet for it.

Can't use the DPAD to control your gear though, analog only.

Top Bottom