• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
For the school mode, do character social rank, trip rank, and gathering/cleaning levels carry over to subsequent playthroughs?

TELL ME YOUR SECRET.
The first time through, I couldn't keep up. For my second time through, my gathering level was high enough to quickly finish the first backup in like a day. The rest of the days, I spent farming items to make tools that doubled the number of materials I collect. From then on, I just had everyone gather different things until the next request. Most of the time, I could build the request right on the first day since I had a surplus of every material. And then I just used the rest of the time to build up materials. At the end, I had 99 materials in most of the common/uncommon materials and I farmed rare materials to create cheat sheets to level up characters.

Did you both get their report card maxed and their field trip affection level max? If you only maxed one or the other it doesn't work.
Yes, I have Junko's star next to her file and I had maxed out her relationship level before moving onto someone else. Their relationship level doesn't drop if you stop talking to them right?

Noi

I built every monokuma backup and had 2 characters at max relationship level, but I didn't get their endings. Is there something else that I'm missing?

If
Usami
didn't show up on Day 51, you must have missed a backup or something.. Not talking to people doesn't decrease the relationship level.

Trigger

School mode is kind of confusing. I got Ishimaru's report card finished and got his relationship level to max. Then I got a scene where I had the chance to shoot an evidence bullet at a statement during a conversation with him, but it seems I messed up somewhere. I didn't get any cutscene that really felt like an "ending".

If
Usami
didn't show up on Day 51, you must have missed a backup or something.. Not talking to people doesn't decrease the relationship level.

Hm.. there's nothing special with building the backups, right? It's just making 1 of that item that he requests? Because I'm pretty sure I made every one of them. I had trip tickets for the entire 50 days and I got the 200 coins at the end.

pariah164

Stupid Toko, I wanted to know what was Ishimaru's embarrassing secret.

So yes, Spike Chunsoft, that's another thing I want to know. What was everyone's embarrassing secret.

I guess we already know Makoto's, Chihiro's and Mondo's.
Report card spoilers~

I have a theory that Byakuya's was
the fact he 'killed' his brothers and sisters to become the heir of the family. Not embarrassing to him, but effective in turning everyone against him, more than likely.

Taka's is more than likely
the fact his family's in a massive amount of debt thanks to his grandfather, the former Prime Minister, was removed from his position thanks to a scandal.

Noi

School mode is kind of confusing. I got Ishimaru's report card finished and got his relationship level to max. Then I got a scene where I had the chance to shoot an evidence bullet at a statement during a conversation with him, but it seems I messed up somewhere. I didn't get any cutscene that really felt like an "ending".

The "ending" happens once you reach day 51 after having built one of each backup. You get a chance to pick from whoever you've maxed the relationship meter with and it gives you a closure scene between Makoto and whoever it is.

That one bullet thing can actually mess you up if you get it wrong, since it can make your relationship go down (I think).

Hm.. there's nothing special with building the backups, right? It's just making 1 of that item that he requests? Because I'm pretty sure I made every one of them. I had trip tickets for the entire 50 days and I got the 200 coins at the end.

Yeah that sounds right, especially if you got the 200 coins. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't have the relationship bars completely maxed (which shows the actual square at the top lighting up once you check it for the first time).

Roto13

For the first couple of playthroughs, building the backups is largely a matter of luck. It's entirely possible to make the right decisions and simply never find enough items to finish one of them. It's a good idea to make a new save every time you complete a backup and move on to the next one.

Honestly, you should spend the first run maxing out report cards and just kind of half-assing the monokumas. In fact, it might be a good idea to completely dedicate your time to building items that increase your level. If you did well in the main game (and maybe even if you didn't) and use that chart that shows what gifts to give to who, you can max out all of the remaining report cards in a single playthrough of school mode.

After a couple of runs through, you'll be able to level everyone up enough that you'll be able to build a backup in a couple of days and spend the rest of the time farming items to make those special items that makes farming items even easier. And you'll be able to keep the school completely clean with just one or two dedicated cleaners.

Report card spoilers~

I have a theory that Byakuya's was
the fact he 'killed' his brothers and sisters to become the heir of the family. Not embarrassing to him, but effective in turning everyone against him, more than likely.

Taka's is more than likely
the fact his family's in a massive amount of debt thanks to his grandfather, the former Prime Minister, was removed from his position thanks to a scandal.

Probably, though at least Ishimaru's reaction seems more serious than that.

Though, judging from the ones we seen they either range from who cares to must protect by all costs.

Celestia might be
that she tells are lies

Kirigiri might be about her father.

I wonder if Hagakure is that
he's a fraud and useless
lol.

kewlmyc

Been meaning to ask. What's the big deal with Tumblr and Chihiro? I never go there so I wouldn't know. Did the make a big deal out of it, or is there weird fanart or something?

Yeah that sounds right, especially if you got the 200 coins. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't have the relationship bars completely maxed (which shows the actual square at the top lighting up once you check it for the first time).

The square did light up. I had both Junko and Sayaka at the top and I'm positive they were lit. The thing I didn't get was what you said about day 51 and someone showing up. Right after receiving 200 coins, it just ended like the first time through.

Roto13

Been meaning to ask. What's the big deal with Tumblr and Chihiro? I never go there so I wouldn't know. Did the make a big deal out of it, or is there weird fanart or something?

They just think she's cute and they probably consider themselves super progressive and open minded for being ok with a cute girl who is secretly a boy.

Tumblr is fucking insufferable.

Let's just leave it at "drama" and "never mention the words "Chihiro" and "gender" in the same sentence to the DR fandom on Tumblr ever"

They just think she's cute and they probably consider themselves super progressive and open minded for being ok with a cute girl who is secretly a boy.

Tumblr is fucking insufferable.

ahahaha I wish it was that

I found someone posted a defense essay about Chihiro and the big reveal so I believe it's probably gender related.

Dugna

Aww man you can't remove the arrows from pic while viewing the art gallery, wanted to use the pixel art as a background.

Trigger

The "ending" happens once you reach day 51 after having built one of each backup. You get a chance to pick from whoever you've maxed the relationship meter with and it gives you a closure scene between Makoto and whoever it is.

That one bullet thing can actually mess you up if you get it wrong, since it can make your relationship go down (I think).

Ah, thanks. I wish there was a better explanation in game.

Volcynika

Ok, well I got 8 of the characters done entirely for School Mode/ Report Cards.

Remaining ones: Byakuya, Hiro, Taka, Leon, Celeste, and Hifumi. Need to see if I can look up best locations and answers for em! :p Then go through a trial or two for the noise trophy and to get at least 999 Monocoins.

kewlmyc

Remaining ones: Byakuya, Hiro, Taka, Leon, Celeste, and Hifumi. Need to see if I can look up best locations and answers for em! :p Then go through a trial or two for the noise trophy and to get at least 999 Monocoins.

You got the special endings for each as well?

pariah164

Can you JUST redo the trials, or do you have to go through all the story beforehand?

Trigger

I don't see anything other than picking the chapter you can start on. Unless there's a submenu that lets you pick which part (daily life/deadly life/etc.)

Boo! I still need to do the trophy for completing a trial without taking damage. I'm not excited about the thought of replaying a whole chapter just for the trial.

Noi

Boo! I still need to do the trophy for completing a trial without taking damage. I'm not excited about the thought of replaying a whole chapter just for the trial.

It was mentioned already, but you can jump straight to the trial for any chapter. Complete the notebook entries in school mode for max SP and the best skills, set the difficulty on Kind and just steamroll the chapter 1 trial with ease~

The square did light up. I had both Junko and Sayaka at the top and I'm positive they were lit. The thing I didn't get was what you said about day 51 and someone showing up. Right after receiving 200 coins, it just ended like the first time through.

Then I really don't know what to tell ya'. I just know Usami shows up, beats up Monokuma and lets everyone out of the school on day 51 and you're able to get the endings for the people you maxed, or at least that's what happened in the one successful run I've done. I'm unsure what could change that, especially if you got the 200 monocoin reward.

Dugna

Do you have everybody's report card done? Because I didn't complete every single backup and only did the last one but still was able to get the extra endings

Do you have everybody's report card done? Because I didn't complete every single backup and only did the last one but still was able to get the extra endings

I actually don't have all the reports done, so that's probably it. I'll complete the ones I'm missing and give it another shot.

Lusankya

Woah.

Just got back and started doing 1 coins in the Monokuma machine... Got the Escape Switch on my third coin (and a Lucky! extra capsule as well).

I must have pleased the Monokuma lords somehow. Not sure if I should be proud of that.

Hmmm I don't have the escape switch yet, but the Monokuma machine already tells me I will get the same item 100% of the time (i.e. I already have all items). So how do you get the escape switch?

Sorian

Banned
Figured I'd ask before I dive head first into this thread. Am I safe looking around in here if I know nothing about DR2? I figure it would be fine since this thread is here for the english release but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Lusankya

Figured I'd ask before I dive head first into this thread. Am I safe looking around in here if I know nothing about DR2? I figure it would be fine since this thread is here for the english release but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

The start post is your friend.
In short: Yes, you're safe.

Dugna

Trying to complete Junko's (Mukoro) endings in School mode and not sure what to affirm or deny in her happy heart time.

pariah164

Hmmm I don't have the escape switch yet, but the Monokuma machine already tells me I will get the same item 100% of the time (i.e. I already have all items). So how do you get the escape switch?
It's a random draw from the machine; I have two switches, now. @_@

Also, there's a set of items below the 'Easter Egg'. No idea what they are, and the present guide doesn't list them. Are they still items drawn from the machine?

Trigger

I hope future games include multiple routes, alternate trials, or something along those lines. Trials are my favorite part of the game, but there's only six of them. It's cool blasting through them now that I have more skills though.

redhood56

Banned
Looking back on the game, I did find many problems. Like how every character is stupider than a candy bracelet except for kyoko,byakuya, and makoto(but makoto is stupid as hell most of the time). Also should I do the extra school mode? I thought it was just for the social link stuff, does it add to the story?

Looking back on the game, I did find many problems. Like how every character is stupider than a candy bracelet except for kyoko,byakuya, and makoto(but makoto is stupid as hell most of the time). Also should I do the extra school mode? I thought it was just for the social link stuff, does it add to the story?

Well I imagine it's mostly because most of the cast isn't used to playing detectives and thinking others as their enemies. Kirigiri because of her title, Togami cause he's a prick being a heir, Makoto because he's being handholded by Kirigiri most of the time.

And up to the last murder, I'm sure the rest of the cast was either still denying it or still too clueless to pay attention anyway.

Dugna

Well I imagine it's mostly because most of the cast isn't used to playing detectives and thinking others as their enemies. Kirigiri because of her title, Togami cause he's a prick being a heir, Makoto because he's being handholded by Kirigiri most of the time.

And up to the last murder, I'm sure the rest of the cast was either still denying it or still too clueless to pay attention anyway.

The fact that we had to deal with a round of "KYOKOS A GHOST" crap from hiro is the only thing that got me mad about some cases.

Sorian

Banned

I was half expecting Hiro to say during the last trial, "So wait, this really wasn't all a joke?"

Fortunately, SDR2 introduces some trial mechanics that go at least a decent ways to preventing dumb-as-a-brick classmates.

Trigger

School mode is mostly fluff for finishing the report cards and getting a few scenes with some characters.

Volcynika

Oy. Just have to get all gallery items and get the rest of the presents. Going to a friend's event for a bit to get a break!

redhood56

Banned

That's true but come on in the first trial did they not think the 1137 spelled leon, seriously!
Fortunately, SDR2 introduces some trial mechanics that go at least a decent ways to preventing dumb-as-a-brick classmates.
That's good!, it was my only issue with the game but I still loved it.
School mode is mostly fluff for finishing the report cards and getting a few scenes with some characters.
Ok thanks!

LX_Theo

Banned
I think the few people having brains on their shoulder's things was amplified by the point that,
outside of the main three thinkers of Makoto, Kyoko, and Byakuya, they killed off everyone who was remotely intelligent pretty early on. I like Hina, but my description of her would be more to the like the adorably stupid girl. Hiro's entire character is meant to be comic relief through his stupidity, too.

That's true but come on in the first trial did they not think the 1137 spelled leon, seriously!
If I'm correct, its also those numbers in the Japanese version (I saw it like that in an episode of an abridged version of the Japanese version of the anime). It makes a lot more sense for people who speak and write in Japanese to miss that.

It also helps that in SRD2, all the characters aren't all completely useless in the game. Of course it's more of a plot reason than anything else.

I think the few people having brains on their shoulder's things was amplified by the point that,
outside of the main three thinkers of Makoto, Kyoko, and Byakuya, they killed off everyone who was remotely intelligent pretty early on. I like Hina, but my description of her would be more to the like the adorably stupid girl. Hiro's entire character is meant to be comic relief through his stupidity, too.

No need to spoiler tag something related to this game in the spoiler thread, lol.

But yeah, everyone who would start actually be suspicious of others and you know try and put two and two together were killed off early on leaving us with three people actually solving the case (hell, it might just be two) and one who's lucky to still be alive, one basketcase and Hina.

LX_Theo

Banned
No need to spoiler tag something related to this game in the spoiler thread, lol.

But yeah, everyone who would start actually be suspicious of others and you know try and put two and two together were killed off early on leaving us with three people actually solving the case (hell, it might just be two) and one who's lucky to still be alive, one basketcase and Hina.

Heh, I keep getting this thread and the nonspoiler one mixed up.

Top Bottom