• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Making this early to minimize risk of unnecessary spoilers in the OT

Anyways, this is the thread for discussion of DanganRonpa without the need of spoiler tags. If you accidentally clicked on this thinking it was the OT, do not despair, I'll pad the post with some despairlicious fanservice so you can get out of here without accidentally spoiling yourself from the first couple of posts

tumblr_n0tfplU4Ey1qhhv13o1_500.png

Ok, now that hopefully anyone that shouldn't be here is gone, discuss freely. Mourn your favorite character's death. Celebrate your favorite character making it out alive. Analyze just how wrong you may or may not have been. Share your hope and despair.

Still, just two rules that people hopefully follow.
1-DON'T UNNECESSARILY SPOIL EITHER DANGAN RONPA ZERO OR SUPER DANGAN RONPA 2, THAT STILL NEEDS TO BE TAGGED IF IT IS DISCUSSED FOR SOME REASON
2-If you plan on discussing the plot twist about
Chihiro
in chapter 2 please be civilized about it. Don't be like some people on Tumblr.

Anyways, that's it. See you guys later when there are actual discussions in here

tumblr_inline_n0uje3uWAI1qgdj69.gif

Clov

As much as I'm looking forward to playing this again, I don't know if my heart will be able to take Chihiro's death again. First was when I read the Let's Play, next was the anime adaptation, and now I'll actually be experiencing the game first hand. I hope I'm ready.

Roto13

I was pretty sure Hiro was going to turn out to be the mastermind because I couldn't think of any other reason for him to survive until the end of the game.

Torraz

Was so sad when Ishimaru died. At least Byakuya survived.

In general in DR 1 the early deaths were my favorite characters, while in SDR 2 it was the other way around. That made the sequel a lot harder :(. Just when I thought my favorite characters had made it to the end they started dropping like flies.

Oh shit, are there more of these? I know there are execution documents for all the characters, so seeing fans actually make them happen would be cool.

Nah, this is the only one so far, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more in the future. I'd certainly be eager to see more like this, because, as they were written in the fan book, I think the majority of the unused executions are pretty damn stupid, but I feel this mockup did a good job of taking the concepts and interpreting them in a way that fits the game much better.

Silky

Banned
Ahh. DanganRonpa if was when
Ikusaba was still alive and pretty much everyone made it out alive.

I wish that was canon because she was the bomb.

I also really, really like Oogami's character. She is literally the only character in-game to make one of the strongest decisions in the game.

Was so sad when Ishimaru died. At least Byakuya survived.

In general in DR 1 the early deaths were my favorite characters, while in SDR 2 it was the other way around. That made the sequel a lot harder :(. Just when I thought my favorite characters had made it to the end they started dropping like flies.

2's chapter 5 crushed my soul. Crushed it

Nah, this is the only one so far, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more in the future. I'd certainly be eager to see more like this, because, as they were written in the fan book, I think the majority of the unused executions are pretty damn stupid, but I feel this mockup did a good job of taking the concepts and interpreting them in a way that fits the game much better.

I know there's some really good art that's either concept art or great fanart of some of the executions.

Could have been worse!

MIFAN7E.jpg

i still don't understand what the fuck this is supposed to be

it's like there's a videogame and then chihiro dies. like, what?

though i guess maybe it's at least a bit better than yasuhiro's "a box comes to life and eats him"

A reference to Chihiro's execution. Yes, Chihiro spoilers, lol.

Super Fujisaki Bros - In his execution, Fujisaki is put inside a 8-bit sidescrolling game. A group of huge pixelated Monobears would appear behind him as he tries to run. Eventually, they would catch up to him, causing Chihiro's sprite to pop out of existence.

Oh, sorry, I knew what it WAS, it's just never made any sense. It seems like a really lame and nonsensical idea for an execution.

i still don't understand what the fuck this is supposed to be

it's like there's a videogame and then chihiro dies. like, what?

though i guess maybe it's at least a bit better than yasuhiro's "a box comes to life and eats him"

A reference to Chihiro's execution. Yes, Chihiro spoilers, lol.

Super Fujisaki Bros - In his execution, Fujisaki is put inside a 8-bit sidescrolling game. A group of huge pixelated Monobears would appear behind him as he tries to run. Eventually, they would catch up to him, causing Chihiro's sprite to pop out of existence.

AniHawk

i didn't like yasuhiro a whole lot, but his reason for being in the school made me appreciate him in retrospect.

Oh, sorry, I knew what it WAS, it's just never made any sense. It seems like a really lame and nonsensical idea for an execution.

Makes sense as Chihiro is a programmer and it is basically trapping them into a video game or computer program. I'll admit the description is pretty barebones though. It does make more sense for an execution for Alter Ego though.

I was pretty sure Hiro was going to turn out to be the mastermind because I couldn't think of any other reason for him to survive until the end of the game.

Because he's the best character, that's why.

I loved that clueless guy.

I don't get why asahina gets all the love and he get's all the hate. They're both useless and clueless but friendly. But at least he didn't try to kill everyone, or get in the way, like she did. She was so much more annoying.

I'm really surprised that Hagakure and Asahina survived. They were like two of the ones that I imagined would die when I started things up. But, it was neat to see that the characters that I did not expect to survive and me actually ending up liking characters that I initially didn't care for.

I also ship
Hagakure x Asahina for some strange reason.

I like how of all of Hagakure's predictions, they made the one about him and Naegi's children having the same mother actually happen in the bad ending. Also how that when he said there'd be no more murders he wasn't actually wrong; it was a suicide and an already dead person in the next chapters.

fukawa being dead for some totally unexplained reason is the best part

Canon waifu superiority

All this waifu discussion is pointless in the end anyways because they're not Chiaki Nanami
Nanami_%2813%29.png

Silky

Banned
Probably not Togami. Maybe.

I would assume that Fukawa died of complications, thus leading to the mini-Togami but...

well Asahina is a fine gal

tumblr_n0tnn1cgJd1qklu30o1_1280.png

Alright a certain tumblr user was wondering if I could take a shot at Asahina’s character analysis deal so here goes ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎

NAEGI: She’s always full of energy!
MAIZONO: She excels at a lot of sports!
KIRIGIRI: … She’s pretty fun.
FUKAWA: Sports are idiotic…
OOGAMI: My beloved friend.
CELES: Does her nose turn red when she’s lying? (?)
ENOSHIMA: I’ll take what she’s got! (her boobs? lmao)
FUJISAKI: B-Bathing suits are no good!
MONOKUMA: Nice big tits!
HAGAKURE: A donut phenomenon?! What kind of strange thing?! (?)
YAMADA: With all that food, she should be swimming around like a goldfish. (???)
KUWATA: Deep down, she’s not a typical sports girl!
OOWADA: That’s why there’s a rule that you can’t hit a woman!
ISHIMARU: She is in the best health!
TOGAMI: She’s a noisy girl.

Everyone loves Aoi. c:

Puru

I always thought she was the one taking the picture and the dead picture thing was just here to say she's still alive. Also she doesn't seem like the character who would like to be taken a picture of, especially with how she basically lost to Asahina and hate crowds to begin with.

Top Bottom