• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

I always thought she was the one taking the picture and the dead picture thing was just here to say she's still alive. Also she doesn't seem like the character who would like to be taken a picture of, especially with how she basically lost to Asahina and hate crowds to begin with.

I dunno, the picture specifically being adorned like the ones in Japanese funerals implies her death to me.

Still, I guess you could argue they somehow found Monokuma's pictures of them he had in case they died or something.

NotLiquid

I'm really surprised that Hagakure and Asahina survived. They were like two of the ones that I imagined would die when I started things up. But, it was neat to see that the characters that I did not expect to survive and me actually ending up liking characters that I initially didn't care for.

I also ship
Hagakure x Asahina for some strange reason.

Fun fact; leading up to the Japanese release they actually swindled most people by drastically changing the scenarios in promotional material. Instead of Maizono being the victim they changed it to Hagakure in the demo. Both Maizono and Junko's sister were shown in trial scenarios, so it's kind of ironic that Hagakure ended up living despite all of that. I really warmed up to him in the end, especially since the game desperately needed some comic relief to bring levity in it's darkest hour.

789shadow

Banned
I find it funny how the first victim has always been different every time they show the game (Kirigiri in the beta->Hagakure in the demo->Sayaka in the final version of the game), and yet Leon has always been destined to a death by balls in the first chapter.
https://www.youtube.com/v/N_W_3w_sfoI#t=0
I've read that Maizono and Kuwata were the base male and female characters, and the developers got so sick of them they killed them off first.

Despair thread?
Despair thread

iweGjsb0UlBlK.jpg

Dugna

Waiting to hear how the Dubbed VA for Junko did at the end with all those mood swings, wanna see if she will make me go wow like the OG VA did

Dugna

I've read that Maizono and Kuwata were the base male and female characters, and the developers got so sick of them they killed them off first.

Might explain why every time I see DR fanart is has Kirigiri and Maizono side by side, it just always confused me how Maizono was important enough to be included in much.

Might explain why every time I see DR fanart is has Kirigiri and Maizono side by side, it just always confused me how Maizono was important enough to be included in much.

I just assumed it was cause Maizono was basically shown as the leading female, especially in the beginning of the game and such.

Sucks how that turned out, wwwwwwwwwwwww.

What I always found curious is that in the pictures you see the characters wearing the school clothers, but then they wake up with the clothes they were using before entering the school

Did the characters not grow up at all during those 2 years or did Junko and Mukuro found perfectly new clothes even though the world is in chaos?

Also: implications that Junko and Mukuro saw all the characters naked

The only death that hurt me was Chihiro's, seriously felt bad when it happened.

Easily the most adorable character.

Likewise, that death was when I knew Danganronpa wasn't going to pull any punches. The later chapters were pretty rough as well though, since Kirigiri was my favourite and they easily fake out her being dead/the culprit a lot of times.

What I always found curious is that in the pictures you see the characters wearing the school clothers, but then they wake up with the clothes they were using before entering the school

Did the characters not grow up at all during those 2 years or did Junko and Mukuro found perfectly new clothes even though the world is in chaos?

Also: implications that Junko and Mukuro saw all the characters naked

Not necessarily, everyone already had their regular clothes in the videos with the headmaster right before the lockdown of the school.

Not necessarily, everyone already had their regular clothes in the videos with the headmaster right before the lockdown of the school.

Oh crap, I forgot about that, that still doesn't answer if they never grow up or if they found new clothes that were exactly like the ones they were wearing before entering the school

Oh crap, I forgot about that, that still doesn't answer if they never grow up or if they found new clothes that were exactly like the ones they were wearing before entering the school

I believe they try to explain a lot of the chemistry mumbo jumbo that goes into the memory erasing and all that other jazz in Dangan Ronpa Zero but I'm not sure to what amount of success.

Labrys

i always took it as junko took the time to prepare a whole school/executions/the whole shebang, she could have easily made/found better fitting versions of the clothes for the students if they grew out of them in the 2 years that passed

anyway, awaiting my copy of this, excited to see how the dub junko and syo sounds

i always took it as junko took the time to prepare a whole school/executions/the whole shebang, she could have easily made/found better fitting versions of the clothes for the students if they grew out of them in the 2 years that passed

anyway, awaiting my copy of this, excited to see how the dub junko and syo sounds

I'd say Junko doing a lot of preparation is pretty canon all things considered.

At worst let's just assume Ultimate Despair included an Ultimate Clothes Designer or something like that that helped and go with that.

Dugna

I'd say Junko doing a lot of preparation is pretty canon all things considered.

At worst let's just assume Ultimate Despair included an Ultimate Clothes Designer or something like that that helped and go with that.

Well Junko was a model so it wouldn't be to hard for her to get all of the clothes for everybody and pay for alot of the food. I mean she technically with whoever else is joined with her controls the world and such.

DNAbro

Does anyone have a list of all the executions for the characters that die? I want to look it up but I'm so wary of DanganRonpa 2 spoilers I don't google anything about the series anymore.

NotLiquid

Does anyone have a list of all the executions for the characters that die? I want to look it up but I'm so wary of DanganRonpa 2 spoilers I don't google anything about the series anymore.

Space Journey (the headmaster)
Million Fungoes (Leon)
Motorcycle Death Cage (Mondo)
Versailles Style Witch Hunt (Celes)
Dozer Master (Alter Ego)
Detention (Kirigiri/Naegi)
Super Duper Nasty Torture (Junko)

Swimmer girl and psychic dude were two of the three worst characters (worst being prefect boy aka drakk's avatar). I was really hoping someone, anyone would wack them off because they truly added nothing of value. I never even bothered maxing out their social links because they were so boring.

DNAbro

AniHawk

yasuhiro's backstory was fucking hilarious. his reason for being in the school was great. i admit he doesn't offer a whole lot in the game proper, but going in with the extra stuff in mind, he's a lot better.

i liked aoi asahina a lot. i think a lot had to do with the english va. she was the only really happy person there.

Roto13

Hina actually did stuff and had relationships with other characters (well, a relationship with another character) so that automatically puts her above Hiro who was just there to have stupid hair.

NotLiquid

ah I realize i worded the question really wrong. I meant the executions for the characters that WEREN'T executed. Like the one posted earlier in thread for Ishimaru.

That one was fan made, pretty sure its the only one that exists since it was the most basic one in terms of ideas (Ishimaru forced on display and gets asassinated in a JFK-like fashion).

As for the rest they all existed as ideas but are only described as "what if" scenarios. I'm only recounting them by memory here though so they're probably not accurate.

Chihiro gets killed by a swarm of Monokumas in a NES game.
Asahina gets mauled by sharks in a magic show.
Hagakure gets swallowed hole by some a door or something in a fortune show.
Sakura is felled in a battle against Monokuma.
Fukawa gets run over after hopelessly pursuing images of Togami.

DNAbro

That one was fan made, pretty sure its the only one that exists since it was the most basic one in terms of ideas (Ishimaru forced on display and gets asassinated in a JFK-like fashion).

As for the rest they all existed as ideas but are only described as "what if" scenarios. I'm only recounting them by memory here though so they're probably not accurate.

Chihiro gets killed by a swarm of Monokumas in a NES game.
Asahina gets mauled by sharks in a magic show.
Hagakure gets swallowed hole by some a door or something in a fortune show.
Sakura is felled in a battle against Monokuma.
Fukawa gets run over after hopelessly pursuing images of Togami.

Thanks! This is what I was looking for, The idea of Fukawa's execution entertains me. Also does anyone knows Togami's?

Thanks! This is what I was looking for, The idea of Fukawa's execution entertains me. Also does anyone knows Togami's?

Byakuya Togami - Super High-School Level Heir
Execution
Human★Disqualification - Togami would have been dropped in a garbage can in a place that looks like Hell. Monobear, dressed like an elementary student, would repeatedly throw stones at him for supposedly being a dirty hobo. Togami would try to escape but he would have come out in a cold and snowy place and eventually die from his wounds and the cold.

Pretty harsh, ahaha

ah I realize i worded the question really wrong. I meant the executions for the characters that WEREN'T executed. Like the one posted earlier in thread for Ishimaru.

http://thorsdottir.tumblr.com/post/57652257587/unused-executions-touko-fukawa-super-high-school

Also, Naegi's

Naegi Makoto (100 Swords):
Naegi is put into a large barrel and Monokuma closes the lid. When he was about to escape, a sword came in from the exterior and grazes his face. While Naegi was shocked with fear, more and more swords are thrusted into the barrel. The barrel is wobbling in the beginning, but after a number of swords, it stopped moving. Monokuma peeked into the barrel and closes it hastily. He runs away and the screen blacks out

http://thorsdottir.tumblr.com/post/57652257587/unused-executions-touko-fukawa-super-high-school

Also, Naegi's

Naegi Makoto (100 Swords):
Naegi is put into a large barrel and Monokuma closes the lid. When he was about to escape, a sword came in from the exterior and grazes his face. While Naegi was shocked with fear, more and more swords are thrusted into the barrel. The barrel is wobbling in the beginning, but after a number of swords, it stopped moving. Monokuma peeked into the barrel and closes it hastily. He runs away and the screen blacks out

I didn't even realize Naegi gets his own one. Always forget the one he goes through was meant for Kirigiri.

Yasumi

Banned
I remember seeing Aoi's execution animated, but not sure if it was on YouTube or niconico. It wasn't nearly as well done as Ishimaru's though.

Edit: Crap, it was deleted. Oh well.

Roto13

Since Mondo got turned to butter, does that mean one of the slots in the morgue is just keeping a tub of butter cold instead of a body?

Since Mondo got turned to butter, does that mean one of the slots in the morgue is just keeping a tub of butter cold instead of a body?

I thought Monokuma ate him, which totally threw me off during the final chapter when it came to the number of lights. I'm wondering if the executions were planned out later than the actual plot.

well, you certainly wouldn't want it to melt!

celestia's corpse is probably totally fucked up too!

I thought Monokuma ate him, which totally threw me off during the final chapter when it came to the number of lights. I'm wondering if the executions were planned out later than the actual plot.

Perhaps he saved the container out of respect.

Well, it's not like he used all of the butter. Plus he's a robot so it wouldn't matter anyways because he can't eat. The question is if Junko had Mondo pancakes for breakfast the next morning.

Was expecting Mazino to last until the end of the game, I also thought she was actually she could read peoples mind :lol. Surprised me when she was the first to go.

Dugna

Well my copy finally arrived and it looks gorgeous but one thing, I finally noticed this with Junko's introduction one of the magazines showing off her "School Style" actually has her face covered...that matches the pictures further in the game.

Speaking of the executions, perhaps is the shock value, but I think Leon execution still untopped.

I think it's mostly cause it's the first execution (well the headmaster's doesn't really count since most of the time you don't even realize what's going on) and it's not like the game tells you how brutal they'll be.

I think Mondo's was pretty crazy too cause you didn't expect butter.

The other three in the game, not so much though.

i dunnooooo the bone crunch at the end of kirigiri's though

leon's is definitely the most brutal, but mondo's is kinda freaky in how much it makes light of the execution of a high school kid

Yeah, I think I found Mondo's the most disturbing after thinking about it. Like I said, the guy isn't even a recognizable human anymore. To literally be turned into butter, the speed he'd have to be going is nuts, and it wouldn't be instant either. He was probably still conscious as his bones and skin started to liquify.

Taka's wailing only made it worse. Seeing his first friend get killed in such a horrible way did a huge number on the poor guy.

pariah164

... I just finished...

So... what's the outside world???
They don't show it??
WHAT THE FUCK?
That was the biggest goddamn non-ending ever.

At least in VLR, they explained WHY they were
on the goddamn moon.
Then again, this is Chunsoft.

Well, my Vita now needs to charge. After that, onward to school life and trophy completion.

I will never find enough Monokuma coins...

Top Bottom