• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danger Zone |OT| You can be my wingman any time

Danger Zone is a vehicular destruction game from seasoned genre veterans Three Fields Entertainment. Step into the shoes of a dangerous driver and cause the biggest car crashes ever seen in a video game. Danger Zone combines real physical crashes with explosive gameplay.

Release date: May 30th 2017

Platforms: PC & PS4

Price: $12.99 US, £9.99 UK, $19.45 AU, €12.99 EU

Developer / Publisher: Three Fields Entertainment

Trailer

Metacritic - TBD

Opencritic - TBD

Destructoid - 75/100 "In the end, isn't that exactly what Danger Zone should be? It may be short, but it is ever so sweet. Hopefully we can see more of this, either with a full-on sequel or some DLC, because it's been too damn long since we've had a proper Burnout game. Arcade racers need a comeback and Danger Zone would be a perfect reigning champion."

Eurogamer - Recommended. "And of course, all of this, the ingenuity and thrift of the design, the crash test carnage, the sheer tyre-grippy handling of the car as you race into battle, and the inertial heft as you force your wreckage from one disaster to the next, makes me yearn for something more. Burnout's been away far too long, hasn't it? It's nice to have a little part of it back - back in the hands of people who understand it like nobody else."

Game Informer - 7/10. "Despite its sparse offerings Danger Zone still proves that you can do beautiful things with a car, no matter how damaged it is."

Let me know if you see any more reviews and I'll add them.

I bought it simply due to the price.. I think if I can find a couple hours of fun it will be worth it.

Yeah, I had no idea it was going to be so cheap either, so I'm interested due to that. Sounds like content is a bit thin on the ground but the core gameplay is great.

Didn't realize this was out so soon. Those reviews are much more compelling than ones for Dangerous Golf, but mainly bought in the hopes that such support will lead to that Burnout spiritual successor one day

It sounds like this will be more favorable than their previous game, Dangerous Golf.

I just hope this game gets better support than their previous title.

They should have just made a Burnout Takedown mode game. It was the best part of F Zero X as well. For the price though I am keeping an eye on this game for sure.

Psykoboy2

Didn't realize this was out so soon. Those reviews are much more compelling than ones for Dangerous Golf, but mainly bought in the hopes that such support will lead to that Burnout spiritual successor one day

This is pretty much me. I want to support them because I think they could bring back the Burnout magic I have missed for so long. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally down for this as well, but in the hopes that I'm helping to bring more from them in the future.

WoolyNinja

It sounds like this will be more favorable than their previous game, Dangerous Golf.

I just hope this game gets better support than their previous title.

The bolded is my concern - they basically released Dangerous Golf fairly barebones and moved on. They could add new levels, modes, etc to keep the game going but at this price point I'm afraid Danger Zone will be a similar situation.

Psykoboy2

The bolded is my concern - they basically released Dangerous Golf fairly barebones and moved on. They could add new levels, modes, etc to keep the game going but at this price point I'm afraid Danger Zone will be a similar situation.

On the PC side of things they did some major updates. They didn't add any new levels but they did a ton of tweaking to it and added some input support and more graphical options, I believe.

Saw the name of devs in the title and kept saying "please be good, please be good" before entering the thread.

Reviews seem positive. I'll pick it up tonight.

Bebpo

Banned
Hope it sells well so they can make a full on racing game again. I remember reading they were betting the entire studio and all their personal funds on this game. Will pick it up for sure.

scitek

Just bought it and played a bit. It's very basic, but it's not bad for only 6 months of work and a team of 6 people. It sucks that this is basically make or break for their studio, though. I just read they used their life-savings to start it and are living game-to-game. Hope it does well for them.

Oneself

I'm buying it to support the devs because I want a spiritual successor to Burnout 3, badly. I'll have fun for 2mins.

Hasney

Just bought it and played a bit. It's very basic, but it's not bad for only 6 months of work and a team of 6 people. It sucks that this is basically make or break for their studio, though. I just read they used their life-savings to start it and are living game-to-game. Hope it does well for them.

The devs said those reports were inaccurate.

I'll buy day one to support the dev.

We can't let them fail and kill Burnout guys :(

It is day 1. Go go go!

It is day 1. Go go go!

Bought

knvNTPL.png

Don't let the burnout dream die.

Will definitely be purchasing tonight.

All they need to do is drip feed more cars (or trucks, buses etc) and tracks as DLC content. Hitman proved the concept could work (although SE didn't seem to think so...fools) and I think here it would be even better.

They just need enough momentum to start building tracks and it'll be a Burnout successor before you know it!!!

Hasney

It was an interview with Alex Ward published just over a month ago.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...h-mode-spiritual-successor-called-danger-zone

From his Twitter:

Some sites report that "everything is on the line" and "all hopes are pinned" on our game. This is incorrect.

I was asked how much is "riding" on this development.

I replied "everything is. always" - I believe that every developer puts everything into each and every game they make.

https://twitter.com/crashedalex?lang=en

Oh I loved the old Burnout games and I've never heard of this and the review score look decent. Is it 60 fps on PS4P? I'd just buy it instantly if so.

Alchemy

The thing is that I want *both* arcade racing and crash mode, I get that this is a cheaper game but I'd rather just play 3 or Revenge. The variety was really important to me.

Hasney

The thing is that I want *both* arcade racing and crash mode, I get that this is a cheaper game but I'd rather just play 3 or Revenge. The variety was really important to me.

Yeah, they literally can't afford the racing part though.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If you want both then you'll have to buy the crash mode and hope they make enough money to keep the doors open.

Was sort of hoping for crash mode but with insane visuals, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Guess I've been spoiled by BeamNG

I'm disappointed by the level of detail in the car destruction seems like a texture swap? Beam.ng is way better you can't release something less

Wish I could support this game for the simple fact that these are former Burnout devs and the way EA has let that series (and Criterion) go still hurts. I wish them luck.

Top Bottom