• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours |OT| A local couch co-op shmup in 2015, aw yiss.

I would buy a physical version of this for sure. It's a little expensive as a digital only title IMO.

Still looks fantastic and I hope to play it one day.

epmode

This seems a bit expensive but I have to support a Japanese shooter that has so many resolution options. Works perfectly at 1440p.

Thanks for the overview in the OP since the game itself barely even attempts to explain itself! It's especially strange that there doesn't seem to be a way to see the differences between the ship types without playing a game as each of them.

The concept art section of the game is pretty awesome too. So many cool bosses over the life of the series.

Shizuka

I don't remember who complained about the lack of info in the game, but I noticed that the digital manual that comes with the Vita version is chockfull of information regarding the game and all the strategies.

Teknoman

This seems a bit expensive but I have to support a Japanese shooter that has so many resolution options. Works perfectly at 1440p.

Thanks for the overview in the OP since the game itself barely even attempts to explain itself! It's especially strange that there doesn't seem to be a way to see the differences between the ship types without playing a game as each of them.

Well the ship select has a light description of the special attacks, but yeah thats about it.

Are high scores showing for stages on AC mode for everyone else or is everyone using unlimited lives and no high scores count?

Teknoman

Pfft you dont win wars with unlimited lives.

Gonna dive back into Cab 14 AC to try to get a lil further for the team before sleep.

I don't remember who complained about the lack of info in the game, but I noticed that the digital manual that comes with the Vita version is chockfull of information regarding the game and all the strategies.

Nobody reads manuals anymore.

Especially since most games don't come with them now.

Anybody playing the PS4 version? Pissing me off I can't get this in Japan yet and considering importing!

Importing a Japanese shooter to Japan, fucking kill me

Yes Boss!

Anybody playing the PS4 version? Pissing me off I can't get this in Japan yet and considering importing!

I'm playing the PS4 version. And a little bit on the Vita. Sucks Japan does not get it till the middle of next month. At least you guys get one retail version (have it preordered as well).

I also got it on Steam but no way to play that version since I don't have a computer here. Juts bought it for support and I wanna make a dual-screen setup one day with it.

KDR_11k

How can you tell how many HP you have left in arcade mode?

(I like how the arcade mode tells you not to bump your head on the cabinet...)

I find it easy to remember the powerup colors because they are the same as the bubbles in Katakis, an old C64 shmup. That was primarily an R-Type clone but it had the bubbles from Darius as well.

I have an arcade stick in my closet, but I'm finding that my Xbox One -controller is good enough for now. Still... I just might plug in the stick to get that genuine "arcade" experience. Anyone else using an arcade stick here?

I got some photos and a video that I took of the PC version running off of a GTX 570 in dual screen mode.

The monitors are both 27" - LG 27MP35 and Asus MX279H

UPDATE - Video is now live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZhW6KT1iS4&feature=youtu.be

9mM9OJY.jpg

GteSyxq.jpg

GrzOvP6.jpg

K6zZPwt.jpg

1o5nh4i.gif

I'm interested in this, but I feel like it is a bit pricey for me to just get it on a whim.
I'll wait until it appears on EU PSN before I make the gut choice, my Vita needs some loving.

eastx

Is anyone else having experiencing crashing issues in CS Mode on Vita? The game has crashed 4 times on me while uploading my score after beating a level. And I seem to lose both my score and Points, which really sucks.

The sad part is tht many of the larger sites have ignored this title for the most part. I haven't seen any talks or news regarding DBCS or it's release.

Thanks to the smaller sites at least we're getting coverage and some honest reviews. For example, I wrote that piece for The Outerhaven and being a shmup fan I tried to provide an unbiased review on the title.

If we want the larger sites tor review DBCS, harass them via email and twitter.

eastx

The sad part is tht many of the larger sites have ignored this title for the most part. I haven't seen any talks or news regarding DBCS or it's release.

The game didn't have any pre-release PR that I know of. Even figuring out who to contact to get a review copy was a bit challenging, as the publisher is pretty new and their website is clunky. Shmups are already fairly niche, and we can't expect one to get lots of hype with fairly minimal PR support. (That said, the PR guy was really nice when I reached out to them.)

Also, no review is unbiased (no offense). Whatever you like or don't like about games is a bias - such as enjoying shoot 'em ups.

Is there any possible way to move the game output to the top of the screen in dual-monitor mode?

My second monitor is smaller (which I imagine is true for a lot of people. The result is a black bar on top and the bottom part of the picture getting cut off completely.

Momentary

Banned
Instead of using modbit and havong this end uo as a +1 in somwones library im going to do this a little different. I'm giving away a copy of the STEAM version of DARIUSBURST. All you got to do is send me a PM with 2 lists:

Top 5 Shoot'em Ups on STEAM

Top 5 Upcoming Shoot'me Ups

The titlr of you message should be DARIUSBURST CONTEST. I'll compare what you send me.with my list. You'll get 1 point for having the same ge.as me on the list and an additional 2 points if you have it in the same placement as my list.

The only Shooters that will be on this list are horizontal and vertical scrolling shooters. Twin-stick, isometric, top-down, space shooters, etc will not be on my list. This narrows things down quite a bit for you fine folks.

Upcoming Shooters can come from any platorm. Not just PC.

You have until tomorrow @9:00pm/2100 EST to hand in your lists. I'll try to have the winners announced before 1130pm/2300 on the same day.

Good luck!!!!

PROTIP: Your chances can vastly improve if you know where to look. I've got stuff here and on STEAM.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Instead of using modbit and havong this end uo as a +1 in somwones library im going to do this a little different. I'm giving away a copy of the STEAM version of DARIUSBURST. All you got to do is send me a PM with 2 lists:

Top 5 Shoot'em Ups on STEAM

Top 5 Upcoming Shoot'me Ups

The titlr of you message should be DARIUSBURST CONTEST. I'll compare what you send me.with my list. You'll get 1 point for having the same ge.as me on the list and an additional 2 points if you have it in the same placement as my list.

The only Shooters that will be on this list are horizontal and vertical scrolling shooters. Twin-stick, isometric, top-down, space shooters, etc will not be on my list. This narrows things down quite a bit for you fine folks.

Upcoming Shooters can come from any platorm. Not just PC.

You have until tomorrow @9:00pm/2100 EST to hand in your lists. I'll try to have the winners announced before 1130pm/2300 on the same day.

Good luck!!!!

PROTIP: Your chances can vastly improve if you know where to look. I've got stuff here and on STEAM.

Oh wow, this is hella generous. Thank you so much!

Hi everyone! The crew at STGWeekly are running a mechanics workshop for DariusBurst CS today. They'll be talking about the basic game mechanics and showcasing a few high-level games.

The show starts on http://www.twitch.tv/stgweekly at 7 PM EST 12/5 (about 15mins from now).

I'll be hanging out for Q&A as well. See you there!

That session had a few useful tips. Everyone really needs to try out the step-in method to get how to trigger counterburst reliably.

And it's been surprisingly hard to find an easy area to clear on CS mode! I've only managed to 1CC a single two-stage area, and those are few and far between. (Not a lot of options are unlocked on cabinet 14 right now, either. I've been switching back and forth with 11 just to see more stages.)

There seem to be Brightly Stare variants in almost every area I can access. Which means I always game over because this is the easiest boss I can't deal with right now!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Has anyone tried this on a PSTV yet? Does it make AC mode easier to play/the text easier to read? Been thinking of getting it in a future sale (it's out of my budget at the moment) if it looks good on a PSTV.

PC version is a possibility too. Whichever one goes on sale first, I guess.

grendelrt

Has anyone tried this on a PSTV yet? Does it make AC mode easier to play/the text easier to read? Been thinking of getting it in a future sale (it's out of my budget at the moment) if it looks good on a PSTV.

PC version is a possibility too. Whichever one goes on sale first, I guess.

PC version is discounted for the first week, its 40 bucks, doubt the ps4 version will get that low any time soon.

Don't have a PS4. It's PC or Vita for me. And $40 is still out of my budget. I pretty much have to wait for $20 or less.

You missed a 10% off coupon that was valid for any PSN purchase; the Vita version was released barely in time to qualify. If you're seriously waiting for a 50% discount, I think you'll be waiting a very, very long time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You missed a 10% off coupon that was valid for any PSN purchase; the Vita version was released barely in time to qualify. If you're seriously waiting for a 50% discount, I think you'll be waiting a very, very long time.

I assumed that, yeah. Sucks, but nothing I can do about it.

Shifty

Decided to get in on this after a sudden fit of wanting to return to the genre.

Downloading now, and I've barely played any Darius before. What am I in for, GAF?

Oh man oh man oh man.

Edit: I have no idea what I'm doing but this is really cool.

Edit 2: Windows 10 users having crashes every 15 minutes or so can fix them by following these instructions.

does this support a single 21:9 monitor? i know it'd be slightly letterboxed but surely that's the way to play it. not out in japan til next month but i'll pick it up ASAP if it works in 21:9.

yeah i feel you :/

does this support a single 21:9 monitor? i know it'd be slightly letterboxed but surely that's the way to play it. not out in japan til next month but i'll pick it up ASAP if it works in 21:9.

At least three people have tried it and found at the moment the game applies both pillarboxing and letterboxing, leaving it with a very small output window. I'm sure it will get fixed at some point though.

shaowebb

Damn thats nice. Also pro-tip: Dont play while sleepy.

Oh god THIS. I used to start my days for 6 months by trying to chase down a high score on Akai Katana that a gaffer would give you an artbook for if you were the first on the board to hit (still unclaimed). Thing was that meant I would play it tired and now I'm conditioned that when I get sleepy I feel like I should play bullethells and that is the WORST way to play. The difference between playing tired and awake for me is 1cc and dying on 3rd stage (pathetic).

yeah i feel you :/

I can't find the picture of it right now. But it's heavily letterboxed. The game will act as if it's on a 16:9 ratio. The game only supports 16:9 and 32:9 even though they marketed the game as being capable of supporting 21:9 ratio too. You can use 2 or more screens to play.

Top Bottom