• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II Design Works up for Preorder

Rymuth

AMAZON

UDON BLOG
Dark Souls II: Design Works collects all the chilling and haunting fantasy artwork behind the critically-acclaimed game in a prestigious hardcover tome. Featured inside are armor and weapon designs, character concepts, enemies, locations, rough sketches, an exclusive interview with the game’s creators, and more. Completing the book is a bevy of concept material from all three chapters of the game’s DLC trilogy, “The Lost Crowns”.

Price: $44.99
Release: October

Some pics to wet you over
DarkSoulsII_OfficialDesignWorks_HC-363x516.jpg

A8U2bCa.jpg

DarkSoulsII_OfficialDesignWorks_HC_sample04.jpg

First artbook was classy as hell, and I'm glad this one is getting twice as many pages to hopefully give the art more real estate.

I'm probably just blinded by my distaste for the gameplay changes, but both the art and the soundtrack in the sequel seemed a little... muted? In comparison the art for Bloodborne was astronomically interesting.

Maybe I'll wait for a video upload to amazon reviews before picking this one up

Novocaine

Miyazaki didn't work on this book, it's probably shit.

Anybody got some high res shots of the DS1 book? Are they good quality? I didn't even know these existed, I might pick up both.

hawk2025

YES.

I'm sure the price will drop on Amazon eventually.

The first one is great and super-premium, I love the slipcover. Bring on the Bloodborne and DS3 DesignWorks!

Murkas

Any update on this?

I keep getting an email from Amazon once a month saying the release date has been pushed back lol.

Auctopus

Mine arrived a couple days ago. It's great and provides some nice insight.

It's interesting compared to the original Design Works how many times the phrase "Originally this ideas was..." occurs.

Ferr986

Seeing this thread I decided to check Amazon to get it but ouch, its almost double the price of the first one (that I haven't got already, I 'll think I'll bite on that one).

krakov

Even though I don't like DS2 I'm kinda interested in this. What I've seen of the concept art is mostly awesome, just didn't translate well into graphics.

Top Bottom