• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizific

Any one playing as merc? Im 5hrs/2bosses in (don't judge me) and was wondering if paired swords can be found out in the wild? Or can you pair your own two swords?

lionpants

Absolutely, I don't like the firelink shrine but the music makes it bearable.
What's wrong with it?
Any one playing as merc? Im 5hrs/2bosses in (don't judge me) and was wondering if paired swords can be found out in the wild? Or can you pair your own two swords?
You can pair any weapons together, but they wont obtain unique dual wielding moves like powerstancing in DS2. Instead, there are weapons that specifically come in a pair.

So yes, there are paired swords you can find. When 2-handed they instead enable dual-wield mode.

halfbeast

Banned
So I'm prob going to respec mid game, but is there a way to change your character customization? Like hair and stuff?

unless I'm hallucinating but I think there's a covenant that let's you do that. it's in the
castle area
where those
maggot people
are.

I dont get it, im supposed to have gotten
Loretta's Bone
but I dont see it anyware in my inventory. in the area where the internet says it is ive already gotten everything. Help?

it's a "key" item, if you haven't checked there in your inventory. if it's not there, the item is on a hanging
body
you can find on some
balcony in one of those huts

Neoweee

Started as a Pyromancer, then just decided to restart as a Knight since I was having to melee so much anyway. Got to
Farron Keep
and decided to try out "hard mode".

My god Sorcery is shit, and not because of the damage. Miyazaki, in his infinite wisdom decided to increase enemy speed to up to Bloodbone levels at times (which includes swarms of enemies at that speed), without adjusting the casting speed of the Sorcery spells. DEX and casting speed items do not in any way compensate. It's just stupid. You basically have to use the spells on one enemy at a time and hope that you can kill them with two-hits at most before they are in your face and hope that you don't grab more enemies at the same time.

Meanwhile, running around with a flame katana or raw claymore = easy mode.

Also not sold at all on the look of the game. It definitely has better "graphics" than the previous games, but there's too much clutter for the sake of simply tossing more shit on the screen, without any artistic merit, and it looks like it was run through a greyscale filter in most areas. Some of the areas are chalice dungeon tier quality too in the way they look.

I agree that there's many, many things wrong with the magic system right now. People look at scaling like it is the core culprit, but it really isn't.

Keep on trucking. Early areas definitely suffer from that BB-style of "clutter", but trust me that isn't the entire game.

So close to one-shotting the
Crystal Sage
. Got it down to a sliver of health and one more hit. Will get the bastard next time.

Jyrii

Banned
Second boss down.

I didn't win the first time as I only had one estus flask. On the second try I used ember and whooped his ass.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are backstabs bugged? I'm walking behind and hitting R1 but it almost always just swings at them.

lionpants

This just now shipped from Amazon... Sigh. Will cancel the order and just get it at GameStop I guess.
This shit. This shit is what stopped me from ordering games from Amazon all together. Best Buy all the way!

I actually ended up getting a copy from EB Games, and Best Buy for the steelbook and keychain - I'll return one of them. :)

silva1991

Only red eyed
silver knights
drop covenant item?

how do i get the red eye orb?

follow Leonhard quest(he should be standing next to the biggest lord chair in the shrine)

talk to him once and he'll give you the cracked ones. get one pale tongue and he'll give you a key. go open the door under the second bonefire in high wall of Lothric and kill the dark wraith there.

Soulflarz

Banned
Not sure but can multiple red phantom invaders go after the same host?

Yes, I believe so.

That's how I got ganked when I was checking gaf
tabbed back to no hp and 2 guys toying with my afk self, wasted all my vials healing

Nearly beat them anyways :') Shoutout to a wall of poise

Jyrii

Banned
How do I actually join Way of Blue (or any other covenant)?

I spoke to Emma, and I think I got something from her besides the banner

Zocano

There's a big diamond icon on your equip menu next to your rings. It's your "covenant" slot. Equip/unequip like any other item.

E92 M3

Go into your inventory and equip it :)

They made it very convenient in this game.

After work I am going to equip the covenant that helps folks with invasions - hope it works.

pringles

Spent way too much time creating my character lol. Only had time to play up to the first bonfire before going to bed. Will continue tonight. Was playing Scholar of the First Sin in anticipation and man, the difference in framerate was jarring. Graphics look nice though and I like that the character seems to have a bit more weight in this one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so here's a little tip for you big ass swords lovers. You can get a
Claymore
quite early on.

its up in
the courtyard the dragon breathes fire on in high wall of lothric

actually going to use it over the
ice sword
for now. and upgrade it since it only needs titanite shards (as opposed to
the ice sword
which needs twinkling)

Spent way too much time creating my character lol. Only had time to play up to the first bonfire before going to bed. Will continue tonight. Was playing Scholar of the First Sin in anticipation and man, the difference in framerate was jarring. Graphics look nice though and I like that the character seems to have a bit more weight in this one.

I had to go pc, it's like they trolled the consoles with that thing.

Hate to say it, but Greatswords just don't cut it in DS3. They are too slow and the small damage bonus isn't worth the risk with such small attack windows. Moved over to the Broadsword and love it. Doing almost the same damage as a Claymore, but much faster attack.

xPhinehas

So I beat the second boss (first boss after tutorial).
How do I get back to the Wall? Do I need the demons to fly me back up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom