• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got invaded by a guy last night, ran him ragged...he didn't get one hit in. Took him down to one hit left and he parried me, killing me with one critical hit.

Over 1100+HP in one shot?

Yeah, Parry at times feels a bit too OP. I understand that the idea is that it's high risk high reward situation, but I can't help but feel cheated when some dude constantlly spamming l2 and getting punished for it suddenly gets lucky one time and catches me and all my effort thus far is negated.

Like I'm not denying skill involved in parrying, I have a vid recorded of me being insta parried as soon as duel started in an amazing feint and getting my ass utterly humiliated and one shotted. That stuff's cool. It's above mentioned situations where one lucky break completely nulifies me consistently outplaying the guy for the rest of the duel.

Yeah, Parry at times feels a bit too OP. I understand that the idea is that it's high risk high reward situation, but I can't help but feel cheated when some dude constantlly spamming l2 and getting punished for it suddenly gets lucky one time and catches me and all my effort thus far is negated.

Like I'm not denying skill involved in parrying, I have a vid recorded of me being insta parried as soon as duel started in an amazing feint and getting my ass utterly humiliated and one shotted. That stuff's cool. It's above mentioned situations where one lucky break completely nulifies me consistently outplaying the guy for the rest of the duel.

Parry spam does suck, but what makes it OK is when someone tries to parry an unparryable weapon over and over.

Invade--> I get ganked
Summoned--> Get put into a fight club

I just want my covenant items.

What level, and where are you invading?

I highly recommend C
onsumed
K
ings
G
arden
, at SL 65-80. I got my shackles, tongues and medals extremely quickly there. 9 times out of 10 the host will be fighting a Knight. You can just swoop in and kill them fairly quickly.

Me and the Knight at the bottom of the stairs are practically on a first name basis.

Tarkus

Look, 40% of my kills are largely due to parries. I practice that skill more than any other, studying windows of various weapons, such as break dancing Farron GS. But, it is OP at the moment with Hornet Ring. Pls nerf FROM. Nerf the Hornet and boost Leo.

After 2 months, I'm finally getting an internet connection at my new place.

Gonna celebrate by playing DS3 again online :p

First playthrough was a dex/pyro build, used Uchigatana for the majority of the game, then switched to the dual katanas.
What would be a good build to switch things up?

Sarcasm

Man screw the knights! Parrying does nothing! Backstabbing does nothing..out of 6 tries with FUGs I can get past them.

Then the boss owns me lol fully embered with over 1100 HP. One or two shots me >.<

Yeah I am on a break >.>.

Alritch boss btw.

zoukka

Man screw the knights! Parrying does nothing! Backstabbing does nothing..out of 6 tries with FUGs I can get past them.

Then the boss owns me lol fully embered with over 1100 HP. One or two shots me >.<

Yeah I am on a break >.>.

Alritch boss btw.

Man if you have problems with Silver Knights just wait until Greatsword Cathedral Knights...

You can run past them but there is a very easy way to kill the 1st one which makes the 2nd less of a problem. Run up the steps and stop before lock on range. Lock on as it walks closer. It will always do that massive lunge forward attack. Just strafe to the right and it will miss and give you a free backstab. As it gets up you can stunlock it to death to finish it. All before the 2nd knight even shows up.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Doing my final run with this character NG+ 4 SL 120 Quality Build
[No Estus/Healing Challenge]

Deacons of the Deep
down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBsN4GwKj4&feature=youtu.be

Previous:

Abyss Watchers
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WgC...ature=youtu.be
Crystal Sage
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wocH9Gvp8NM
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiovTaIwCyE
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErLMGMyb_po
Iudex Gundyr
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L4jZptsZcA

Meccs

This game sometimes. I create a new character, get to Road of Sacrifices (SL30 with +2 weapon). GET SUMMONED AS A BLUE for the second time in nearly 200 hours playtime!
Look for the Host, find him, kill the Red. Think hmm... nothing happening. There must be another one?! Go looking for him and there were 2 more reds! How can there be 3 f*cking invaders? The Host didn't have any summons. I killed the second one too but the Host died to the third. The game keeps on trolling me!

Random observations after the PC Patch:
- game freezes for a second or so every few minutes (not the save stutter which is shorter)
- missing textures, the whole Road of Sacrifices floor textures was missing where the knight and the coal is. It was ok again after using a bonfire.

mxgt

Banned
Got invaded by a guy last night, ran him ragged...he didn't get one hit in. Took him down to one hit left and he parried me, killing me with one critical hit.

Over 1100+HP in one shot?

I can 1 hit kill almost everyone I have encountered on parries with Hornet Ring + Black Knight Great Axe

Pretty dumb, but hilarious.

So my Corvian Greatknife playthrough is going alright, even though enemies that don't stagger or have high poise are pretty much a "just run from them" button. I'm a bit more interested doing another challenge run now but with a weapon that people think is actually bad or outclassed or always sorta worthless. Like, a weapon no one uses. Maybe a whip run? A Saint Bident run? Yorshka Spear? I don't know the meta for this game, so I'm not sure what weapon people never use.

Besides my obvious Flame PAUNCH run.

Edit: Argh, stupid new OTs...

Finished this last night. I have to say that this is one of the best games I've played. I can't get into Uncharted 4 because of this game. I'd rather do a NG+ than play that.

TitusTroy

how come I see some players being able to summon 3 other people while I seem to be able to only summon 1 or 2?...do some covenants grant a higher number of summoners?

GulAtiCa

how come I see some players being able to summon 3 other people while I seem to be able to only summon 1 or 2?...do some covenants grant a higher number of summoners?

You need to use Dried Fingers item (sold by the handmaiden). It allows a 3rd summon (+ a 2nd invader possibility as well)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
There are so many random little things that I didn't realize about the game that pop up randomly.

Like how Seek Guidance miracle lets you see summon signs without being embered. Could be an option for people who are invasion shy or desperate.

Sarcasm

Here's your new thread guys!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=203484408#post203484408

Will change OP around later. Had to do something before the imminent lock! Thanks Yoshichan for the temporary OP!

Oh, and I changed the thread numbering system to the "NG+" format instead of OT3

There are so many random little things that I didn't realize about the game that pop up randomly.

Like how Seek Guidance miracle lets you see summon signs without being embered. Could be an option for people who are invasion shy or desperate.

=D

Lmao. Man I love the videos that come out of this game.

I can 1 hit kill almost everyone I have encountered on parries with Hornet Ring + Black Knight Great Axe

Pretty dumb, but hilarious.

It helps that tons of people (including myself) stop leveling vigor at 27 due to the softcap. People with 50 vigor will not be getting killed in 1 hit. That being said, I think the Hornet Ring should get nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom