• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III - The Fire Fades Edition (GOTY) | April 21st [PC/XB/PS]

Flux

Will get this version. Still need to finish DS 2 Scholar of the First Sin. I do like the naming convention instead of just "Game of the Year Edition". I own Prepare to Die too, and I think the cover arts looks great.

What exactly are you implying? That I'm extremely skeptical about Dale's BG&E2 rumour hardly means I've an agenda.

The rumour began circulating almost two months ago and the port was said to have been in development for "several months". If a Switch version of the GOTY Edition were on the cards, I think it would have at least been announced today as it'd be approaching completion at this point.

Well FROM is listed as a Switch developer so at some point there's probably going to be a reveal of something they're working on. If you don't think DS3 is most likely then what is?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well FROM is listed as a Switch developer so at some point there's probably going to be a reveal of something they're working on. If you don't think DS3 is most likely then what is?

A new game would be my guess. I'm sure a team has been toiling away at something since Dark Souls 3 went gold almost a year ago now.

Auctopus

It's actually the painter and "uncle". Makes sense.
Cd4BjpL.jpg

Oh right, never saw that art before. Thanks!

Eusis

Why does NA keep getting the shaft with these? Maybe they're using the Scholar of the First Sin as a basis and if that did poorly on PS4/XB1 then fair enough, but on PS3 and 360 those platforms cratered for sales anyway.

And holy hell did they fuck up with the cover in EU. Not just "worse", fucked up because there's no better term for recycling commonly used promo art but throwing it through a piss filter while Japan gets a neat new piece of art.

And holy fuck is the EU one awful.

Is 3 any good? I think one is the bee's knees but didn't get on at all with 2 - I've heard it splits the different but I don't know how.

Yea 3 pretty much retcons all the dumb shit that 2 did and is much more like 1 (with a dash of Bloodborne)

Loved 1, hated 2, loved BB and 3.

Retsudo

How is the pc version of the vanilla game guys? Good port with a lot of options visually? I bought the vanilla game for PS4 but i might jump on this edition on the pc i just built.

RK128

I'd say this puts a pin in the Switch port rumour.

I think a Switch version could happen still (Bandai-Namco are great buddies with Nintendo and it's confirmed From Software at the very least has access to Switch Development Kits). But this is another move where Nintendo should have been more aggressive getting third party support.

This shouldn't be a 'rumor' it should have been announced today that this edition will releases ALONGSIDE the other versions. It wont and by the time this does come to Switch (if it even happens) it will be a late port and people will likely ignore it.

Whatever, Nintendo and third party support is like oil and water. Has been since the N64 days.....

A new game would be my guess. I'm sure a team has been toiling away at something since Dark Souls 3 went gold almost a year ago now.

Yeah, could be. I think they'll definitely reveal a trilogy at some point though and at that point I think it'll certainly be on Switch if FROM enjoys success on the platform (I think they will).

Dekuboy

Neo Member
It's actually the painter and "uncle". Makes sense.

looks like I really need to beat this dlc. Who was the uncle? The guy who gives us access to Ariandel?

Looks like we will get another 1 real boss and probably a miniboss as the angel thing.

And the boss will probably have again 2-3 phases like nearly every other boss in souls 3.

Figthing against maiden, buffed maiden and then against kuwagamon.

What exactly are you implying? That I'm extremely skeptical of Dale's BG&E2 rumour hardly means I've an agenda.

Yes, but:

The rumour began circulating almost two months ago and the port was said to have been in development for "several months". If a Switch version of the GOTY Edition were on the cards, I think it would have at least been announced today as it'd be approaching completion at this point.

Yup i agree with you lkd wrong again it seems

Dekuboy

Neo Member
Please have PS4 PRO support.

I thought port begging was forbidden here? :p

Man I really love the souls lore and all the other stuff, but they really broke it down with 3 and the "time goees weeird so anything is allowed" I wish, their new medieval series will have a better lore.

The woman is heavily inspired form Angels egg.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That Japanese PC release looks fucking awesome. I'd totally buy it if it wasn't inevitably just a Steam code in there.

Toxi

Banned
Man I really love the souls lore and all the other stuff, but they really broke it down with 3 and the "time goees weeird so anything is allowed" I wish, their new medieval series will have a better lore.
I just wish Dark Souls 3 wasn't so focused on the first game. Dark Souls 2 exists and people enjoyed it. Outside of Yhorm and a few hostile NPCs, the world of Dark Souls 3 feels completely disconnected with that of 2.

Dekuboy

Neo Member
I just wish Dark Souls 3 wasn't so focused on the first game. Dark Souls 2 exists and people enjoyed it. Outside of Yhorm and a few hostile NPCs, the world of Dark Souls 3 feels completely disconnected with that of 2.

That´s right. I think the inital plan, when they knew they are going to make 2 new games, having 2 different worlds and just connecting them through legends.

Souls2 had references to one with gwyn and the spider, also that you are basically in lodran, just many many centuries later (which was kinda confirmed in ds3 with profaned capital).

I guess, after the rage about souls 2 they just thought let´s make it so that everyone will think "oh wow look that is like dark souls 3". Also bloodborne didn´t do good for the series. Not that it isn´t a good game, but dark souls 3 got too many artstyle aspects, which looked to much like bloodborne.

And there are still questions like: What happened to ocelotte? Who exactly is the dragon tail girl? What happened to ariamis, I mean it couldn´t be a coincidence that you find the armor of the paint guards right after the dragon tail girl.

Well seeing this:
dark-souls-3-the-ringed-city_ps4-8126.jpg

which looks like mix of hummanity and the human effigiy symbol I think this dlc will be hopefully better than AoA

Goldboy

The JP cover art is far superior to the European/US cover art for almost all of the Souls games so far sadly. Still salty we didn't get that amazing JP DS2 cover art here in the West.

Milijango

Is 3 any good? I think one is the bee's knees but didn't get on at all with 2 - I've heard it splits the different but I don't know how.

As always with post-Dark Souls, you'll hear a variety of opinions. I was not happy with it but the majority of fans think its very good.

It's fast paced and favours melee, so it's pretty far removed from 2?

xVodevil

Though I've got the season pass, at this point I think I'll wait up and go for a whole new replay when the 2nd dlc hits.

Intel_89

Browsing through Amazon.es I noticed that the description said that the game includes the season pass, this most likely means the extra content isn't on the disc, right?

No dude shaking his fist but still piss yellow. Tough one. I might actually import and feel like I'm in the 90s again.

If the dlc isn't on the disc though, oh god, what to do.

HF2014

Did they patch the game recently or with the DLC to make it harder like they did with Dark Souls 2 and SoTFS? I remember beating DS3 i like less than 40 hours on first run and was disappointed by that.

BigEmil

The standard west box art. The most sellable marketable one here that's focus-tested.
Shame Dark Souls 3 wasn't that good imo kind of a letdown

Maledict

The biggest thing putting me off this game is how much everyone talks about it referencing and building on dark souls 1. As someone who only played demon souls and bloodborne, it seems like I'd not be able to appreciate the game or lore properly.

The biggest thing putting me off this game is how much everyone talks about it referencing and building on dark souls 1. As someone who only played demon souls and bloodborne, it seems like I'd not be able to appreciate the game or lore properly.
You'll be fine. You won't get the same effect but honestly it's not nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be.
At all

spliced

The game will probably be more enjoyable for you then.

I really want that Japanese edition. I'm assuming they still don't let you play in English? If that's the case I'll have to grab the European version. Better than nothing at least which is what we got.

Top Bottom