• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls - New Trailer - 2011 Worldwide [Update 2: Video Interview In OP]

Zeliard

Can't tell from that trailer but I hope the janky death physics are gone. For a game that was so incredibly atmospheric and immersive, that tended to take you out of it a bit.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yep, it's got that same slimy Demon's Souls look. I just hope the character creator is better than Oblivion's this time around.

Danielsan

MightyHedgehog said:
Look WAAAAAAAY better than Demon's Souls.
It looks the same in every conceivable way, from the engine to the art direction. Some optimization here and there I imagine. Mind you, this is not a bad thing. Demon's Souls is a spectacular playing and looking game.

Forkball

It's a bit strange that they are rebooting/making a spiritual successor after one game. I think you have to contribute this to the realization that Demon's Souls is a terrible name and they just wanted to get rid of it.

Leatherface

I'm ready for this. 360 owners, looks like you get to experience the glory as well this time around. congrats! BUY IT!!! This game MUST sell well!!

spats said:
I don't see it. I thought DS looked really good, and this looks just as good.

I definitely see it, in terms of the visuals.

Metalmurphy said:
Can't believe this is coming out in 2011! So pumped!

Would have preferred Demon Souls 2 but this is the next best thing.

Honestly, the more I see...This IS Demon's Souls 2.

Zeliard

By the way, Demon's Souls is only $22 on Amazon right now. Anyone who still hasn't tried it, seriously, get on that shit. You're missing out so terribly.

Metalmurphy said:

This is Demon's Souls 2 in everything but name.

TP

IBhij.jpg

Peff

Forkball said:
It's a bit strange that they are rebooting/making a spiritual successor after one game. I think you have to contribute this to the realization that Demon's Souls is a terrible name and they just wanted to get rid of it.

If by "terrible" you mean "owned by Sony", then yes, very terrible.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I can't handle that much awesome. What the fuck?! It looks so goddamned good. Nothing else in 2011 even matters to me now.
Except for Skyrim of course.

Danielsan

Forkball said:
IP is owned by Sony. Sony didn't want to foot the bill for a sequel and fucked up the publishing of the original. Make *new ip, but keep everything but the name and story the same*= profit

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hell yeah. HELL YEAH!

and 2011 amazing, day fucking 1.

I wonder how the 360 version will compare to the PS3 one.

Xater

Metalmurphy said:

I don't know why you would even say that. This absolutely is Demon's Souls 2.

Danielsan said:
IP is owned by Sony. Sony didn't want to foot the bill for a sequel and fucked up the publishing of the original. Make *new ip, but keep everything but the name and story the same*= profit
seriously, wtf sony

Speevy

Banned
Did the creators say that it's another connected online world with characters always able to invade/leave each other messages?

Are you cut off from them with an Xbox Live silver account?

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Danielsan said:
IP is owned by Sony. Sony didn't want to foot the bill for a sequel and fucked up the publishing of the original.
This isn't true, but it doesn't matter, either.

SO THE WORLD MIGHT BE MENDED.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Danielsan said:

Story isn't the same.

Ashkeloth

Look absolutely fantastic.

Monster and world designs seem to be that same dark Demon Souls style, and the swamp area in the first couple of seconds gave me nightmarish flashbacks.

Combat seems like it might have a couple of improvements too.

The name is sort of stupid, but eh, i can let that slide.

Danielsan

That skeleton boss is some god damn amazing design. Hell everything in this game is spectacularly designed. Love the creatures and the knight armour.

falconzss

Forkball said:

Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP. They couldn't use the name.

careksims

2011 is one of the best gaming years to date. I'm not watching that trailer. Already the pics and gifs are hyping it up. I know its going to be good.

Top Bottom