• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.
dewkl said:
Are we talking about the same archers? I'm talking about the knights who are shooting homing arrows at you when you're walking up the two "ledges". There's no way I can run past the last knight, he's blocking the path and he's huge.

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. It's possible but if its not working for you then you should try to find a different way.

PuppetMaster said:
I know where that is, but where did you get the key or item that lets you enter it?

Revisit Undead Asylum.

Yoshichan said:
Haha, nice!

Right, so now I have options!

I can go to the forest, I can go through that gate that was raised in the cutscene after the second bell was rang, I can... no I'm not going back down there right now (was going to say Demon Ruins but no thanks).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
brandonh83 said:
Right, so now I have options!

I can go to the forest, I can go through that gate that was raised in the cutscene after the second bell was rang, I can... no I'm not going back down there right now (was going to say Demon Ruins but no thanks).
I stayed in the
Demon Ruins
for a good 2-3 hours and demolished everything :lol

purg3 said:
the end of Blighttown is in sight, fuck this place man. fuck it to hell.

not sure if hell can be fucked to hell since it's already hell.

holy shit after getting out of there, it feels like its running at 98 fps now.

x3r0123

PuppetMaster said:
I know where that is, but where did you get the key or item that lets you enter it?

i dont even know which key triggers that. I went to this room with the painting and then i saw a sign saying that it needed a key. So i examined what key i needed then boom i was transported

deim0s

sonicmj1 said:
The person you fought is
the guy who sprung you from your cell at the start of the game. He spawns where that guy died, he wears the same armor, and considering he was warning you that he was about to go full Hollow when he gives you the flask...

Wait, then who's the dying knight you meet in the tutorial area, telling you his and take on his quest?

x3r0123 said:
i dont even know which key triggers that. I went to this room with the painting and then i saw a sign saying that it needed a key. So i examined what key i needed then boom i was transported

The doll you find in Undead Asylum is the way of entering painting.

sixghost

How much should I be trying to parry? Playing a thief, so taking a hit by most enemies is like 1/3 of my lifebar.

The timing for the parries is really weird.

purg3

slept with Malkin
brandonh83 said:

lol, well it can stay there then.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
YEAH, TAKE THAT
CAPRA DEMON
, YOU ASS!

Also, I love that I'm wearing a mix of three different armor types. Chain (head), Wanderer (body, hands), and Black Leather (feet)

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Baha said:
Depth &
Undead Asylum
spoilers:
So I got lucky and managed to summon two players into my world in the Depths and we roll through the sewers completely obliterating everything in out path including one unfortunate red phantom that invaded right front of us. We made it to the Gaping Dragon and while we cut it's tail off we were doing very little damage. One phantom died so me and the remaining phantom continued to wittle it's health down with soul arrows. Eventually the 2nd phatom dies, either crushed or knocked off the edge, maybe even committed suicide since it was apparent he had run out of magic. Fortunately the dragon was low on health and I finished it off. Whew!

Next I ran all the way back to Firelink Shrine where I decide I'm finally ready to go revisit the Undead Asylum. I get there and make my way back to the 1st bonfire and back to my cell. As expected, a black black knight awaits me and we dance. Unexpectedly however, a knight appears out of nowhere (probably climbed down the ladder) and attacks me. I escaped with a sliver of health and climb up the ladder. What follows next is a clumsy and tense fight around the bonfire as we trade blows and try not to make any mistakes. I manage to get a heal off and am saved ironically by the slowness of the knight's fat roll. I kill him and get a crest shield. I'm guessing this was a vagrant? There was no "player is invading" warning and this knight looked like any other npc. Anyways, tomorrow I'll kill that black knight and attempt the Stray Demon.

Holy shit. I think I was one of those phantoms. If you were the bow and arrow guy, that is. I had the EXACT same thing happen to me (one of the other guys died early, and then near the end I accidentally walked off the edge. Lost 10k+ souls). Please tell me that was you.

Booshka

brandonh83 said:

Is there a shortcut out of Blighttown?

whalleywhat said:
get on the elevator in firelink, get off at the halfway point onto the broken floor, go up on the green grass, roll onto the pillar, go up, stairs through the arch on the left, go all the way up till you get to the nest, go into the nest, roll up like a ball by pressing X or whatever, the end.

edit: beaten with video lol, text is cooler though.

Chorazin said:
I wish the game wasn't so stingly with Humanity. I wanna summon someone to help me and I haven't had any in ages. :(
just go farming in the depths, might take a while but you'll get a some sooner or later.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Chorazin said:
I wish the game wasn't so stingly with Humanity. I wanna summon someone to help me and I haven't had any in ages. :(
Bah screw the depths, just farm the three rats under the bridge over and over :p

PuppetMaster said:
I guess that is next. But still don't know the solution to the
glowing eye skeletons. Is there really no way to keep them down?

You mean the ones in the Catacombs? You just have to
kill the mages in the area, they're the ones who keep reviving the skeletons.

Booshka

x3r0123 said:
yes there is for getting out. Nothing on getting in early game
Where is it? I already backtracked out of there, but I didn't see a shortcut out. Now if I want to get to the
Demon Ruins
I have to go all the way through it again, dammit.

lol I think I'm overdoing it, I'm soul level 57 and all I've been doing is dilly dallying after ringing the second bell, killing off random bosses mini-bosses before going on with the actual story.

seeds19

Banned
I cannot beat the capra demon, i'm soul level 15, is this level fine for fight this boss or i need to grind some levels before fighting him?

I beat the other bosses in this area with this level, but this boss is a pain in the ass, trying different strategies but none of them works, i'm a pyromancer.

Sye d'Burns

BomberMouse said:
Should I feel bad for not being able to get the CE of this game or the artbook is as shitty as DS's artbook?

I'd feel much less bad about missing out on the Dark Souls CE than I would have if I missed the Demon's Souls CE. It doesn't sound like you were impressed with the DS CE so I wouldn't sweat it at all. It was pretty much all downloaded anyway. Nothing tangible excepting the case and a poorly (in my case) made artbook.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why should I save my humanity? Any reason? I just wanna use them to kindle asap

edit: God damn guys, Blighttown is THE BEST ZONE IN THE GAME! Stop being such haters, haha

Macattk15

razgriz417 said:
Amen, I hate this place so fucking much

I dont even know where to go in this fucking place ... im at the bottom, got killed by a giant wall octopus once ... all these fucking bugs are swarming me .... god DAMN.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yoshichan said:

edit: God damn guys, Blighttown is THE BEST ZONE IN THE GAME! Stop being such haters, haha
The best zone to practice your parkor at. I literally sprinted past the entire zone once I found all the items HAHAHA

Insaniac

my friend is completely stuck at the red dragon on the bridge, he can't get to the safe zone with out burning up. is there a trick or is it just random when the dragon breathes fire?

Yoshichan

Necromanti said:
How far can I move away from my soul sign? I'm getting sick of waiting to be summoned.
Wait! You need to be close to your soul sign?!

Home

Yoshichan said:

I always keep a few humanity items on hand in case there's a difficult boss I can't beat alone, and I bring in coop pals. I also kindle everything as well, which becomes even more of a pain later on (heh), but rats in the depths drop it so often I never feel like I'm running out.

Yoshichan said:

Im getting like 10 frames a second, its seriously gave me a headache. Gonna call it a night and let the ps3 rest.

Macattk15 said:
I dont even know where to go in this fucking place ... im at the bottom, got killed by a giant wall octopus once ... all these fucking bugs are swarming me .... god DAMN.

From what I figured out so far, you head right, to get onto the waterwheel. That's where I got stuck, no clue where to go and slipped and fell. Lost 6666 souls lol

On a lighter note, while farming souls in the sewers, I decided to drop my white stone on the off chance ppl needed help with the boss. I think was summoned 5 times in the span of 2 hours. Problem was we only beat him once, my hosts kept dying :/ Them and their knight armor lol

Booshka

Yoshichan said:

If they are in your counter you will have a higher item drop rate and higher resistance to poison, bleeding etc.

Yoshichan

Booshka said:
If they are in your counter you will have a higher item drop rate and higher resistance to poison, bleeding etc.
Oh so they stack! Thanks! That's a very neat risk/reward. Max is 9 or 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom