• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.
astroturfing said:
hmm, a bit worrying. i kinda remember reading something about getting more moves later on in the game... so maybe you have to learn them from an NPC or something? i dunno. anyone have more info on this? i might be completely wrong.

Interesting if true. I got a club now, and it has the same issue.

duckroll

So, I'm hearing that the online mode was indeed the cause of all the constant freezes, and the inability to return to the title screen from the game. Apparently problems are so bad that an hour ago From Software has taken the servers completely offline, and the only way to play Dark Souls now is to play it in offline mode. There is no expected time or date for the online mode to return, and they're working on it.

Man, I'm kinda glad Japan is beta testing for the rest of us. Lol. :(

The_Monk

duckroll said:
So, I'm hearing that the online mode was indeed the cause of all the constant freezes, and the inability to return to the title screen from the game. Apparently problems are so bad that an hour ago From Software has taken the servers completely offline, and the only way to play Dark Souls now is to play it in offline mode. There is no expected time or date for the online mode to return, and they're working on it.

I agree, but it sucks for them =/ on the other side, I want to play this game without freezes.

I freezed a lot in DS, every time I saw a red eyes knight my heart froze immediately.

duckroll

Oh my god I'm dying of laughter here.

http://www.fromsoftware.jp/darksouls/contents/info/

Look at the screenshot. They're showing people how to play the game offline. If you're signed out of PSN, and you try to start the game, you'll get a text prompt that says "?Dialog?" instead of any meaningful text. Because this is confusing, they're letting players know that it's okay to just say "Okay" at this prompt to start the game offline.

WHO THE FUCK PASSED THE QA ON THIS GAME?! Lolololol.

Ostinatto

duckroll said:

Look at the screenshot. They're showing people how to play the game offline. If you're signed out of PSN, and you try to start the game, you'll get a text prompt that says "?Dialog?" instead of any meaningful text. Because this is confusing, they're letting players know that it's okay to just say "Okay" at this prompt to start the game offline.

why is that funny? i really dont get it ^^

duckroll said:

Holy shit, that's so a placeholder text, is worst than I thought, the game clearly wasn't ready for release.

Ostinatto said:

It's funny because such a basic mistake like this shouldn't have passed QA, I mean is not like a hidden text or something, is a text any normal player should reach.

Haha, that's pathetic. I'm glad they have a few more weeks to work on a Day 1 patch for the western release.

Can't believe I'm saying that. Console gaming lol.

duckroll

Ostinatto said:

The game doesn't even have a proper message window when you start it in Offline mode? Seriously? This isn't some amateur indie game. Lulz. Or maybe it is! Lololz.

mujun said:
I'm pissed that Amazon still hasn't dispatched my order :(

Should have just grabbed a copy from a store.

Wait? What? The game is out? I go to sleep and all is well, wake up and the game is out in the wild.

web01

duckroll said:

Exagerate much?
Server issue is causing the game to freeze, the rest of the game is fine.
They will likely patch it very quickly.

The_Monk

^ Ouch that's really sad if they got the hype to play online and then, bam... nothing.

In another news related some bows and enemies:

You can still kill some enemies with a lot of arrows and a bow if you place yourself in the right spot. Not like that boss you shoot through the fog in DS, but I just saw someone doing this with a big ass monster and bam, 3000 easy souls right there.

duckroll

darkjedi187 said:
Wait? What? The game is out? I go to sleep and all is well, wake up and the game is out in the wild.

It's out in Japan. But it's clearly not finished. It was originally supposed to be released last week, but they delayed it to this week. Clearly that wasn't enough to fix the problems the game seems to have. Bosses being suicidal because of crappy pathing, game crashes while playing online, placeholder text messages. Hilarious really. I was hoping that picking Scamco for a publishing partner wouldn't hurt the game, but it looks like it already has! Lololol.

duckroll said:
It's out in Japan. But it's clearly not finished. It was originally supposed to be released last week, but they delayed it to this week. Clearly that wasn't enough to fix the problems the game seems to have. Bosses being suicidal because of crappy pathing, game crashes while playing online, placeholder text messages. Hilarious really. I was hoping that picking Scamco for a publishing partner wouldn't hurt the game, but it looks like it already has! Lololol.

I hope we EU/US people got a patch that iron out most of these.

Canova

Banned
duckroll said:

I hope this online issues only limited to JPN online region. I don't remember seeing these freezes in E3 demos

My save file is screwed up...even offline the game crashes when I use my save file. Looks like I'll have to create an offline save file if I want to continue playing.

Well done from Software, instead of sending Maxed out phantoms online to kill early players maybe you should have tested the game.

Zeliard

Read somewhere that if the Thief class picks the Master Key at the start they end up with two of them, presumably because they simply start off with one. Is there any point at all to having two? They're unlimited use, right?

Canova

Banned
DJmizuhara said:
My save file is screwed up...even offline the game crashes when I use my save file. Looks like I'll have to create an offline save file if I want to continue playing.

Well done from Software, instead of sending Maxed out phantoms online to kill early players maybe you should have tested the game.

But those buggers must be exterminated :(

LiK

duckroll said:
Well, this is depressing. I wonder if we need to pay for patches too...lol

Zeliard said:
Read somewhere that if the Thief class picks the Master Key at the start they end up with two of them, presumably because they simply start off with one. Is there any point at all to having two? They're unlimited use, right?
md5Ed.jpg
Two locks at the same time, man.

kyubajin

Wow, this recent news really sadden me as these incidents might hurt the Western release of the game should all these problems aren't fixed with a perfect day 1 patch.

I though this game was perfect :_(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, this is really depressing. I mean, I know the JP/Asian version of Demon's Souls had a bunch of bugs that were patched out post-launch, but nothing as bad as this. =/

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have demon souls still in the wrapping. After watching these videos I think I will go back and finally play it. Game looks interesting.

Recently I have had a hard time getting interested in rpgs but this looks like something that may keep me interested.

The_Monk

MThanded said:
I have demon souls still in the wrapping. After watching these videos I think I will go back and finally play it. Game looks interesting.

Recently I have had a hard time getting interested in rpgs but this looks like something that may keep me interested.

=(

What are you waiting for, sir? Go go go.

Zeliard

MThanded said:

It's very combat-heavy. In fact that's pretty much all it is - glorious, glorious combat. It doesn't concern itself with some of the elements of other RPGs that people who dislike the genre may find off-putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom