• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls PR wants you to start replaying Dark Souls 2 today! (Feb 25 - Mar 11)

Femto.

I'm playing through DS 2 for the first time right now. Are super skilled players about to fuck me up continually during my playthrough?

There isn't a lot of invasions in this game compared to Dark Souls 1, only in select zones.

One of the things that disappointed me the most with DaS 2.

I might give it a quick try. I'm a bit of a DS2 hater, in fact its easily the worst of all the souls games IMO, but I do like these events.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm playing through DS 2 for the first time right now. Are super skilled players about to fuck me up continually during my playthrough?

You'll run into twinks, but I hope most will be nice. I heard about this while listening to the Twin Humanities podcast. One of them really loves Dark Souls 2.

I mean, it's mostly the hardcore that will even know about this so if anything, the world will be a bit more alive during this time.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
There isn't a lot of invasions in this game compared to Dark Souls 1, only in select zones.

One of the things that disappointed me the most with DaS 2.

Invasions can happen anywhere (and they are easier to get because players cant just run around unembered all the time with minimal downside). If you wanna duel then youll probably wanna stay on the bridge.

Patrick S.

Banned
I hate being invaded. The other day, I was slowly and painfully making my way to a boss, only to be invaded by a super OP player just before reaching him and get murdered.

sublimit

Banned
With so many great releases coming out these days (along with those that came out recently) this seems like a very bad timing.

Never did play ds2 but waiting on a cheaper price the scholar version. Also the timing of this is in the busiest month of gaming in a long time so it's a pass from me.

cireza

My favorite Souls game !

I have only completed one DLC however (the snow one). They are a bit hard (I play offline).

But otherwise, I loved everything about the main game.

Catvoca

Banned
This is a cool idea, nice to get everyone to play one of the best Souls games together. Might fire up a new game soon.

Shinjica

Alo0oy

Banned
Poor timing. I'm busy grinding for +10 in Nioh. I'll be playing Horizon soon, followed by Nier, followed by DS3 DLC, followed by Mass Effect, followed by Persona, followed by Crash.

Exquisik

Why are they doing this during two of the biggest releases of the quarter, possibly year? Sorry, but my time will be spent on HZD, BotW, Nier and followed by P5.

Zedark

What inconsiderate bastards. They want you to replay their game in between the two highest rated games (presumably) of this year? SMH
jk

Mediking

DS2 Scholar is tough for a newcomer. Also really not even newcomer friendly. I had my fun with it... might return someday.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I've been playing this, think it's a pretty good game. I willing to help, as Souls/Borne games are my favorite.

I tried. But I just cant handle how fucking ugly this game is. Forest of fallen giants kills me every time. Its like they weren't even trying. Back to DS3 I go. All this did was remind me how disappointing a sequel DS2 was. The only praise I can give it, I love the Majula bonfire music. That's it. Everything else stinks.

Seems like a odd time. I know it's probably for DS3 DLC2 preparations but you're holding this between Nioh, For Honor, Horizon, Nier and Zelda.

Haven't played DkS1, but I'm tempted to do my first DkS2 play through during this event. Good/bad idea? I have vanilla on 360 and Scholar on XB1. Def want to start w/ vanilla and maybe jump into scholar in a few months....

I already platinum ds2 for the PS4. And as much as I <3 the souls series, I rather play my newier games like Nioh and soon to be Zelda. In addition to beating other games I started playing.

Top Bottom