• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Any other recent cases where a game had been locked, be it framerate or resolution, and the community fixed it? I recall LA Noire but I never played that and From Dust I believe.

From Dust had a framerate unlock ready to go like a day after it came out.

Darknight

I honestly don't know. I'm not sure if it has been announced yet. If I had to guess I would say a disc release may be in the cards. Best I can do right now.

If anyone knows please let me know and I'll update.

OK no problem. Just curious. Im guessing its gonna be DLC only for now on consoles.

Camwi

I can't believe it's digital only. It's like they're trying their damndest to get me to not re-buy the game.

Akito

Took a quick look at OP and didnt find my answer....so is the PtDE gonna be a disk release for consoles or only coming out as DLC?(for consoles and disk for PC) I ask because if its coming via a disk release, ill sell my vanilla copy. Else Ill keep it and one day buy the DLC.
c4avopnt8wa0rg5o1.jpg

Japan seems to get a disc release for the PS3 version at least. I would double dip as well, the cover is just too bad ass.

The only reason I'm getting this is because I hate having to pay for Xbox Live just to play this one game. And because there have been some reports the framerate is better than the console versions. FROM, you are lucky - good thing you made a great game, that I'm willing to forgive the shittiest port to land on pc in recent history.

Just imagine what this could have been if it had been ported properly to take advantage of the power of current pcs. I weep just thinking about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Great OT, a nice mix of lolol 1024x768 with useful stuff, good work.

Can't wait to judge this game for myself...

I can't believe it's digital only. It's like they're trying their damndest to get me to not re-buy the game.

At least here in the States it is. I know what you're saying though. They probably just assume everyone would use Steam. Another oversight perhaps. You could import it, lol.

PewPewK

There are other forms of getting your content other than digital? Damn, this sounds like some cool tech, what's it called?

luiztfc

Funny thing, I just formatted my pc and since I haven't installed the necessary video drivers, I'm viewing this thread in 1024x720.

Might jump in eventually if someone manage to mod it and fix the resolution. Otherwise, I will pick this up when it hits the bargain bin.

Serra

Nice OT.

Got the 360 version but stopped playing when the news of a PC version hit. Even with the shittiness of the port I really hope gfwl works and no huge bugs are present.

Might make a strength build this time around, not really sure. Really looking forward to plunging into the new content!

stuart

Banned
Holy hell, PC gamers complain a lot. Some great new additions to the game. Would be great to see this on Wii U at some stage.

Grief.exe

I have Friday off from school and my girlfriend is going out of town. I've never played Dark Souls before, but my body is ready.

It's digital only? Hmm. Damn. Wish I didn't waste $15 buying back the PS3 version, I think I'm going to jump on this for $30 at GMG instead. Fuck the flaws. If I can get a decent trade in value for my PS3 version I'll be happy.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
-GFWL
-30fps
-locked at 1024x720
-Reports says the port is not well optimized(having framerate issues even with high end gpus and cpus)
-$40 for a year old port

:|

well the ot is nice at least.

ezekial45

Banned
-GFWL
-30fps
-locked at 1024x720
-Reports says the port is not well optimized(having framerate issues even with high end gpus and cpus)
-$40 for a year old port

:|

well the ot is nice at least.

As far as price point goes, you are getting the DLC content along with this release.

Funny thing, I just formatted my pc and since I haven't installed the necessary video drivers, I'm viewing this thread in 1024x720.

How's it look? Haha.

I was hoping to utilize my Dark Souls design works art book to get some really awesome images for the OT but unfortunately I was weary of bending and creasing too much. People need to see that art book though. My god it's amazing

I also realized I forgot to put the price in. I will update accordingly.

Mechazawa

And it also made the game run at 2x speed.

And I think some Gaffers said that unlocking the framerate in LA Noire messed up certain parts of the game.

War for Cybertron got a framerate unlocker and it came out the other end unscathed, but there's no guarantee that getting one up and running for Dark Souls won't break something.

Orayn

About the online, how much is it important? I'm not a fan of GfWL and i pretty much a single player-only guy.

You should really give it a try, even if you're generally not big on MP. The way it's set up is unlike any other game except Demon's Souls.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Despite all the shit, assuming the game isn't optimized garbage and actually runs well given the correct requirements, I genuinely hope you guys enjoy this game on PC. I would love for more people to get their hands on this game, I had a great time with it. Truly one of the best games this generation.

Clevinger

About the online, how much is it important? I'm not a fan of GfWL and i pretty much a single player-only guy.

I think it adds a lot, and I'm usually single player-only as well. Players leave a bunch of messages around the world. Some of the messages are helpful tips, some are helpful warnings, some give encouragement, some tell of their despair, and some of them are straight up trolling you. And you see the bloodstain of other players who have died, and it lets you see the last eight or so seconds of their lives. Once in a while you'll see a slightly visible blue phantom walking around for a few seconds, and that's another player. Sometimes you see other players sitting with you at bonfires. Seeing all those things of the other players makes the world feel slightly more alive, like you're all struggling together for the same thing.

Co-op can help a bunch if you're stuck on a boss, plus it's just really fun teaming up with other players, and helping other players on their bosses. Then there's the invading stuff, which can be pretty scary for new players, but it's also a lot of fun. You only get invaded in human form.

Aselith

Despite all the shit, assuming the game isn't optimized garbage and actually runs well given the correct requirements, I genuinely hope you guys enjoy this game on PC. I would love for more people to get their hands on this game, I had a great time with it. Truly one of the best games this generation.

Reports indicate that it's not well-optimized at all. It's a bad port, top to bottom.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Reports indicate that it's not well-optimized at all. It's a bad port, top to bottom.

No clue why they would even bother releasing it in that state or why they would have gone through with the port in the first place. If this is true and you folks have a console sitting around collecting dust, it's worth picking up.

Top Bottom