• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Wii U/PS4/XBO/PC) info and screenshots

That's lame. I can somewhat accept it being hard to think of a good moveset for Famine but Pestilence? Just be a Death Knight from WoW and slap fools with diseases.

The titles you're referencing are just as divergent from the correct names as Darksiders.

Pestilence is Death, and the first horseman is the Conqueror. Practically nobody ever uses the biblical horsemen though, so folks assume that the game changed them when they were already changed.

Conqueror is white horse with bow and crown
War is red horse
Famine is black horse with scales
Pestilence is Green horse ridden by Death

HardRojo

Riders of apocalypse in this universe are War, Death, Fury [woman with a whip] and Strife [guy with 2 guns].

FCo3q74.jpg
Darksiders III: Fury-loaded Edition.
Darksiders IV: Strife for the best Edition.

jennetics

Assuming sequels are ever made and you get to play as Fury and/or Strife, and those sequels get a remastering for next-next gen consoles...

"Darksiders: Judge-Fury-Executioner Edition"
"Darksiders: Cumulus Strife Edition"

You're welcome, Nordic Games.

Robin64

Came to moan about the chromatic abberation, see many already have. Love you guys.

Absolute garbage, why do devs wank over it so much?

Caayn

chromatic aberration..... Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Devs, for the love of all that's holy: STOP USING CHROMATIC ABERRATION! It seriously causes eye strain and headaches on top of it looking terrible. I'm not watching real life through a cheaply made lens and neither do I want to play games that mimic that effect.

KainXVIII

Devs, for the love of all that's holy: STOP USING CHROMATIC ABERRATION! It seriously causes eye strain and headaches on top of it looking terrible. I'm not watching real life through a cheaply made lens and neither do I want to play games that mimic that effect.

Because its looks so nextgenish.

MMaRsu

Banned

I know roght its ugly as hell and takes away from the color and artstyle. Goddamn its annoying, like the new Bloom or whatever.

Thank god a lot of games patch a toggle in later, but for like Dying Light it came what 2 years later?

TheMoon

Came to moan about the chromatic abberation, see many already have. Love you guys.

Absolute garbage, why do devs wank over it so much?

is it cheaper than AA? I think it's no stretch to say it's being used a lot to hide visual flaws that would probably eat up too many resources (either people or hardware power) to deal with "properly"?!

bman94

Huh, I got Darksiders 2 from the humble bundle a while back for Wii U. Might get the Wii U version then since I didn't even start the second one. Isn't there like several titles on Wii U that's 1080p? Why is that a big deal to some?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
LMAO at that subtitle. I hope the third game has one like it if it ever gets made.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nice. Hopefully less glitchy on PC than Deathinitive Edition was. That's still getting a patch though, probably to bring it to parity with the latest revision of the engine used for this re-release. Is Gunfire doing this one too? Because that lines up with them saying another patch is coming for Deathinitive on PC, with this releasing soon. They've obviously been busy with this. Fucking Nordic, at least let them finish the patch work on 2.

Guessing they've done similar improvements, like added PBR and such? I also hope the chromatic abberation is a toggle on PC at least.

I like chromatic aberration, like how it looks here and hope that more games eventually implement it. Come at me...

Come at you? I'd hardly touch you with a ten foot pole!

fernoca

Isn't there like several titles on Wii U that's 1080p? Why is that a big deal to some?
Usually when it came to Wii U games and ports, it was quite rare to have a port to it at a higher resolution.

Not that it is a big deal, but that there aren't many. So is a nice thing.

Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skylanders Giants, Smash Bros are some of the few 1080p on it.

vaderise

I bought DS from the Summer sale and inwas planning to start playing it tonight. Now i have to wait for remaster DLC.
Not sure if i'm happy about this.

Usually when it came to Wii U games and ports, it was quite rare to have a port to it at a higher resolution.

Not that it is a big deal, but that there aren't many. So is a nice thing.

Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skylanders Giants, Smash Bros are some of the few 1080p on it.

Woah really? o_O had no idea Giants was native 1080p on Wii U, and the PS360 versions were only at 720p?

FyreWulff

Yeah I'm fucking shocked if they got 1080p30 on Wii U, considering DS2 was 720p30. So what if it's not 60fps, that's VERY impressive for Wii U IMO.

Edit: AND better textures from the sound of it also. Mighty big bump from PS360 if this is all true for Wii U. How many Wii U ports do that? Just Need for Speed Most Wanted U? And that's just using most of the PC version's textures while still being 720p30.

Remember that NSMB U is 720p. People just didn't realize that yes, you can do 1080p on the U at launch.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I bought DS from the Summer sale and inwas planning to start playing it tonight. Now i have to wait for remaster DLC.
Not sure if i'm happy about this.

If it helps, they gave a pretty nice discount for owners of the second game. This release could also end up being buggy as fuck because Deathinitive runs great for some and like absolute shit for others.

Still waiting forever for our next Darksiders game with Fury.

Just want to believe forever.

I'm like 110% sure the engine improvements with all the new rendering techniques in place is solely because they plan to use it for Darksiders 3. You don't just pop in PBR and a bunch of shadow render and lighting improvements for the hell of it.

Top Bottom