• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can grow a beard fine, it's just the bridge / mustache part that makes it look like ass. But it's getting there. Some days I think of shaving it all off though.

jimmypython

I found one thing annoying about POF girl population is that several of them like to block ppl for absolutely no reason, aka after only one normal greeting message.

wtf.

Is the clean look mostly dead where any of you live? I don't like the look of myself with facial hair, and there is one thumbprint-size area under my chin where I get zero hair growth. Ultimately it would take a while for stuff to fill in.

But that doesn't seem to stop a lot of guys from growing shitty piece of shit patchy beards, and they seem to be doing just fine in the dating world.

Beards are great for weak-chinned people (like me). Beards are not easy to grow and most look like shit. People rock a hobo kind of look and they think it looks good. It doesn't.

If you have a nice chin go for the clean look.

I have a beard but I don't let it go too crazy. I find it helps to shape my face a bit too. This is my most recent pic I took when I went to the park with some friends and our dogs, you can see it there:
Xh7H4MU.jpg
I've had the beard for so long that I don't think I'd recognize myself if I shaved.

I have a beard but I don't let it go too crazy. I find it helps to shape my face a bit too. This is my most recent pic I took when I went to the park with some friends and our dogs, you can see it there:

I've had the beard for so long that I don't think I'd recognize myself if I shaved.

If that's not in your profiles, it needs to be like a half hour ago.

That's a pretty dope pic.

So ive been seeing this girl now for a few weeks. Shes amazing, vibrant and cheerful lady. Im not a relationship kinda guy, but after meeting her a few months back i instantly knew this one lady is a keeper.

I even said to my friends as a New Years goal, that i would like to have a steady relationship with her. My friends thought i was crazy as i never spoke about women the way i do about her.

Today we were on a date and talking about serious stuff and told her how i really felt about her. She started hugging me and said she had something to share as well. She has cancer.

Im fkkn broken now, just needed to vent.

Wanted to give GAF an update since i vented a couple of months ago.
Currently she is 80% cured and needs to go undergo some treatment to remove the remaining bits. Seems all will be well.

I stuck with her and am glad that i made this decision, even though it was quite hard in the beginning.

animax

Currently she is 80% cured and needs to go undergo some treatment to remove the remaining bits. Seems all will be well.

I stuck with her and am glad that i made this decision, even though it was quite hard in the beginning.

Wow, that's great man. You're doing a good job, hopefully it pays off

You made a great decision. Now is the moment to have fun and enjoy being together.

artsi

I grew some hair and I look so much better I think I'll reset Tinder soon with new photos.

Going to get my lasik eye surgery next month too, so next time I'm going in fresh af and match with all those eyeglass-phobics I've missed so far.

Unless this week's date goes really well.

Xun

I can't grow a beard and in general I'm pretty hairless.

Not that I'm complaining about the latter...

I wouldn't hold that against someone, might have been pure coincidence (she happened to open the app at the time, the app opened on your conversation, just then you sent).

In general, I think you shouldn't use apps with read notifications when it comes to dating. I always use SMS - no read notifications, no "last online" info, no overthinking and paranoia
I honestly don't hold it against anyone, but it happened more than once.

In any case I felt bad so I said to her I'd be up for remaining friends, especially since she's relatively new to London and mentioned how lonely she is.

Salamando

I prefer to go with a scruffy look. Carefully maintain chin and cheek lines daily, use a beard trimmer on the lowest setting every other/every third day. Face feels more balanced with something there, but I hate full-on beards.

In any case I felt bad so I said to her I'd be up for remaining friends, especially since she's relatively new to London and mentioned how lonely she is.

Being friends with the girl who you described as "really into me" and "incredibly attached already"? Noble intentions that will backfire horribly for one of you two (or both).

Prologue

Not really a dating situation but just an odd interaction with female "friend". Friend mentioned wanting to buy me breakfast sometime, i said sure. No specifics. She knows I have a gf.

Few weeks later, friend invites me out for breakfast, her treat for doing something nice for her. She mentions a specific date, I agreed.

During the week, asks me out for lunch to hang, told her I ate but wouldnt mind giving her company. She said nvm, she'll eat at home instead.

Asked her the night before if breakfast still on, doesn't answer.

Asked her during the day what happened, doesn't answer, completely changes the topic by asking something totally irrelevant.

She crazy?

Good for both of you! Hope she makes a full recovery.

Also, as a nitpick, you don't really cure cancer, it goes into remission.

She crazy?

Well you said you have a GF, so maybe she thought you offering to hang out even though you weren't getting anything to eat was you trying to make some sort of move? It's strange but entirely possible, so who knows.

Not really a dating situation but just an odd interaction with female "friend". Friend mentioned wanting to buy me breakfast sometime, i said sure. No specifics. She knows I have a gf.

Few weeks later, friend invites me out for breakfast, her treat for doing something nice for her. She mentions a specific date, I agreed.

During the week, asks me out for lunch to hang, told her I ate but wouldnt mind giving her company. She said nvm, she'll eat at home instead.

Asked her during the day what happened, doesn't answer, completely changes the topic by asking something totally irrelevant.

She crazy?

What does "friend" mean in this situation?

Because it feels like there's more to this...

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Wish I could grow proper facial hair. In my late twenties and hair only grows beneath the jawline; if I let it grow out I look like I have strong opinions about ethics in game journalism.

Of course, if I'm clean shaven then my weak chin makes it difficult to tell where face turns into neck.

Prologue

Good for both of you! Hope she makes a full recovery.

Also, as a nitpick, you don't really cure cancer, it goes into remission.

Well you said you have a GF, so maybe she thought you offering to hang out even though you weren't getting anything to eat was you trying to make some sort of move? It's strange but entirely possible, so who knows.

What does "friend" mean in this situation?

Because it feels like there's more to this...

We're completely platonic.

She crazy?

She sounds lonely and flaky.

gaiages

Banned

She crazy?

People are just weird and flaky sometimes, don't overthink it. *shrug*

It's weird you put friend in quotes though. Is she only an acquaintance or something?

gaiages

Banned
....it's just not something i would do as a decent/normal human being. well, it's the internet i guess.

deaddovedontopen.gif

Well unfortunately not everyone is a decent human being, and women are harassed constantly on dating sites even before they say 'no'. And when they do say no, hoo boy. Sometimes it is just easier to block than to even engage in the first place, even if it comes across as rude

And before you say "but I wouldn't be like that!!!" (because everyone says that), they have no way of knowing that.

Well unfortunately not everyone is a decent human being, and women are harassed constantly on dating sites even before they say 'no'. And when they do say no, hoo boy. Sometimes it is just easier to block than to even engage in the first place, even if it comes across as rude

And before you say "but I wouldn't be like that!!!" (because everyone says that), they have no way of knowing that.

Girls aren't allowed to say "no" or they gonna get "the flip".

hannah_simone_the_flip_by_digi_matrix-db76smw.gif

jimmypython

I completely understand and agree with you. The point is, how do they know the sender would act aggressively after just one simple message like "how are you?" and block right away? They can block all they want AFTER the sender turns out to be a dick. My original post was about they block for no apparent reason. Hell, simply ignore if not interested even takes less steps.

yah ppl do act more normal and civil offline. but we all know that.

Given that you are such a decent and normal human being, how many times a day are you asked out or propositioned for sex?

Must be a lot.

Prologue

Sounds like you're kinda wishing it was a bit more no?? Did you tell your GF that you were planning on having breakfast with this girl?

How do I have feelings for a friend that I never sought out? I've been asking multiple times to hang out, not the other way around.

Why would I need to tell my gf? she has lunches with friends all the time, even co workers.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Got a date on friday, with a girl I'm pretty sure doesn't want a serious relationship, especially as we met on Tinder and she's only in the country for three months. We had one date last friday which was really nice, and she's the one reaching out to me and asking for a second date and stuff.

But in the back of my head, I have a gnawing feeling, which is because I have a fuck buddy.

Me and my fuck buddy have been very clear that neither of us have any desire to be in a relationship with the other. For now we just meet twice a week and have sex, as well text a lot since we share almost all of our interests.

I'm completely fine with her being with other dudes, as long as she don't talk about it in a way that can come off as bragging. Me knowing, and me being told are completely different things.

She had a guy who was essentially her boyfriend, but they were never exclusive as he lives in a different country, and she could only see him like every six months. She went and visited him a while back, and I assume they had lots of sex. Then she came back and the within a day called me for some booty. Never said a thing about sex with him though. Just the implication, knowing that she spent a week with him.

But she has a couple of times texted me stuff about other dudes at parties, but then ending the conversation jokingly with "but I'll be good though", as if she has any obligation to only be with me.

So now I'm thinking, can I go on a date with a girl I don't want a relationship with, in good conscience, or have I essentially become "exclusive" with my fuck buddy, despite neither of us being in a relationship with the other?

Both me and my fuck buddy are very open, but I have no idea if I should even bring up the subject or not. Essentially, is she in the same boat as me? If not, me asking her will ruin basically everything.

I really don't want to be in situation where I'm being with two girls, and neither of them being okay with me being with someone else, no matter if we're in a relationship or not.

dh4niel

I've been chatting to a girl a work for a couple of weeks and I think I'm developing a crush. Just sent her a message saying I think she's cute as I do not want to say that shit at work and now I'm shitting myself waiting for a reply.

Kyne

Got a date on friday, with a girl I'm pretty sure doesn't want a serious relationship, especially as we met on Tinder and she's only in the country for three months. We had one date last friday which was really nice, and she's the one reaching out to me and asking for a second date and stuff.

But in the back of my head, I have a gnawing feeling, which is because I have a fuck buddy.

Me and my fuck buddy have been very clear that neither of us have any desire to be in a relationship with the other. For now we just meet twice a week and have sex, as well text a lot since we share almost all of our interests.

I'm completely fine with her being with other dudes, as long as she don't talk about it in a way that can come off as bragging. Me knowing, and me being told are completely different things.

She had a guy who was essentially her boyfriend, but they were never exclusive as he lives in a different country, and she could only see him like every six months. She went and visited him a while back, and I assume they had lots of sex. Then she came back and the within a day called me for some booty. Never said a thing about sex with him though. Just the implication, knowing that she spent a week with him.

But she has a couple of times texted me stuff about other dudes at parties, but then ending the conversation jokingly with "but I'll be good though", as if she has any obligation to only be with me.

So now I'm thinking, can I go on a date with a girl I don't want a relationship with, in good conscience, or have I essentially become "exclusive" with my fuck buddy, despite neither of us being in a relationship with the other?

Both me and my fuck buddy are very open, but I have no idea if I should even bring up the subject or not. Essentially is she in the same boat as me, and if not, me asking her will ruin basically everything.

I really don't want to be in situation where I'm being with two girls, and neither of them being okay with me being with someone else, no matter if we're in a relationship or not.

I don't understand your dilemma.

You have a fuckbuddy who is okay with you being with other girls = Nothing to clear up here.
You're going to be dating someone who might only be interested in being a fuckbuddy = Be clear with her and let her know you already have a fuckbuddy.

???

I don't understand your dilemma.

You have a fuckbuddy who is okay with you being with other girls = Nothing to clear up here.
You're going to be dating someone who might only be interested in being a fuckbuddy = Be clear with her and let her know you already have a fuckbuddy.

???

The thing is that I don't know if she's okay with me being with others.

jimmypython

Both me and my fuck buddy are very open, but I have no idea if I should even bring up the subject or not. Essentially, is she in the same boat as me? If not, me asking her will ruin basically everything.

This is exactly why I can't have a fwb.....I would have been in your position SO FAST if I had one lol.

[KoRp]Jazzman;234787507 said:
Why would you be in a FWB situation when you both dont want to be in a relationship, but she is not fine with you being with other people? This seems like the opposite of what a FWB agreement is supposed to be.

I'm thinking more that she might not be happy about me having two fuck buddies, and not the concept of me having sex with others.

Like, I'm pretty certain we early on basically said "If anything changes, we'll be open about it", as in; if we meet anyone we fall for, then we would break it off.

Right, but new girl isn't staying passed 3 months so its not like a relationship is going to develop there, so nothing is really changing except for the fact that "seeing other people" will just be seeing one chick multiple times.

This just all sounds like a lot of work and feelings for something that is supposed to be fun and easy.

I'm thinking more that she might not be happy about me having two fuck buddies, and not the concept of me having sex with others.

Like, I'm pretty certain we early on basically said "If anything changes, we'll be open about it", as in; if we meet anyone we fall for, then we would break it off.

Well have you fallen for this other girl yet?

How can you when she's supposed to be a casual fling too?

What about the other girl seeing that guy she likes for a week?

I think you're reading too much into it. Be honest with the new girl about your fuckbuddy, and if fuckbuddy asks be honest with her too.

But to assume that all of y'all ain't having sex the others don't know about is silly.

Cause it's happening.

Salamando

I completely understand and agree with you. The point is, how do they know the sender would act aggressively after just one simple message like "how are you?" and block right away? They can block all they want AFTER the sender turns out to be a dick. My original post was about they block for no apparent reason. Hell, simply ignore if not interested even takes less steps.

All they know is some of the male population are total dicks, and blocking is the easiest way to avoid getting exposed to that dickishness.

If they wait until after the sender turns out to be a dick, they still get hit with some negative energy. If they simply ignore a post, then a dick could still send another bullshit message that, again, would hit them with some negative energy.

Recognize the situation for what it is - you sent a girl a message ("how are you?" is a lame message btw) and they determined that they weren't interested. If you feel slighted from a blocking, consider it paying for the sins of other men.

gaiages

Banned

Even if you just ignore stuff (what I do), you can get constant. unending. messages. going hi. over and over. and over. and over...

Or even just passive aggressive messages when you don't get back to them immediately.

Again it might seem rude, but it can get tiring dealing with that stuff and does nothing good to the self-esteem or even feelings of safety, so it's best just to preemptively block.

So, like, don't take it personally.

How do I have feelings for a friend that I never sought out? I've been asking multiple times to hang out, not the other way around.

Why would I need to tell my gf? she has lunches with friends all the time, even co workers.

Some people go OMG SOMEONE OF THE OTHER SEX, YOU MUST BE ATTRACTED/ULTERIOR MOTIVES immediately on GAF, best to ignore them. You didn't do anything wrong lol

FyreWulff

because the vast majority of dudes do it. and until us men start talking and teaching other men to stop being dicks about asking people out, women aren't going and don't need to spend their time "giving them a chance" when they have better shit to do.

I've said this multiple times on GAF, on dating sites you need to be sending out messages to each person that vaguely interests you. You are trying to meet, not shop, for people. You will eat rejection like breakfast cereal. Nobody will care. Send a message, if no response or blocked, just move on.

I mean hell, I had a woman that kept checking my profile over and over, liked me on OKC (it sent me the rare free email telling you they did this), I sent her a message saying hello and asking her about stuff in her profile, and never got a response. Just how it is People are just allowed to not go further whenever they want to. We are not entitled to anyone's time.

Hell, women get ghosted and/or rejected too. I've done it myself.

Galang

Banned
So... I've been seeing someone for 6 weeks now and they've just disappeared... I've been ghosted plenty of times before, but never at this point. We've had 8 dates so far and had already agreed to be exclusive... Last week he had been stressed with working a double shift everyday and was super scarce... Friday morning he sent a long message to apologize about being distant and said that he would do a lot better... I said it was fine. Saturday we exchanged a few texts... I asked if he wanted to talk on the phone for a few minutes and haven't heard anything since... The timing of the apology and ghosting was super weird... I've been trying to rationalize it all week if he's been fucking with me, but the actual dating experience with him was really pleasant overall. I thought maybe me asking him to talk when he was tired was insensitive, but regardless I'm just super hurt. I know it hasn't been much time, but I'm wondering if a follow up text would only do more damage at this point? I guess i'm weirdly still hopeful it's not done, but I also can't think of a valid excuse for the time that's lapsed either. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom