• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
HWvzm46_d.jpg

That doesn't look like toast, more like stale white bread. Also, if he was in such a rush, then how did he have time to take a selfie? Based on this evidence I'm calling bullshit on this "I'm living in an anime" fuckery. Dude's clearly a liar.

Oxn

That doesn't look like toast, more like stale white bread. Also, if he was in such a rush, then how did he have time to take a selfie? Based on this evidence I'm calling bullshit on this "I'm living in an anime" fuckery. Dude's clearly a liar.

Its clearly overbuttered.

vypek

Based on the look at the edges I was going to guess that there is something on top of the toast

Lol I can't believe we're analyzing bread

That's not even his real hair colour. Loser.

So I don't know if you guys remember my story from some months ago, about splitting up with my 2 and a half year old gf and begin dating another girl, losing some old friends and stuff.

Anyway, some days ago I came to know by a friend that's she (my ex) is going around making herself the victim, saying that I left her (when actually, she left me saying that if I didn't go with her to a therapist we were over) and, heads up, saying that I mistreated her psycologically and that I am a manipulator because I asked her to spent more time together.

I mean, I couldn't care less since I'm happy as hell with my actual gf, but what the fuck is wrong with the people? I say the people because always that I know about some couple splitting up there's shit like this. We were 2 and al half years happyly dating together, why the hell can't we realise that things didn't work and have a pacific split up? Seriously, in the beginning of this, even though I thought that she behaved so mean with me, I wanted to still keep it cool with her, and try to be maybe not friends, but at least be able to get along each other. But fuck her, seriously, I really hate her, this is the point when I realise that she's just angry as fuck because she realised that she fucked it really bad and she's just trying to destroy my life as much as she can because she can't stand seeing that now I'm happy again, while she's burning in her own bile.

Sorry, I just wanted to vent myself. I know I shouldn't care about it, but I can't help but get angry as fuck when after how mean she was with me she even has the balls to go around saying that I'm a mistreater.
Unless if she wants to get serious about allegations that you abused her or whatever, forget her and her gang of friends. They're just jealous and hateful, don't give them any oxygen. I've cut out friends and people who were toxic, and haven't looked back. Best of wishes in your new relationship :D

artsi

She asked me to go over there for the night but I need to wake up @ 5AM to work ;__;

Girl's gotta wait until tomorrow.

She came to my place last night and just left. She's a lovely girl but I don't think I can take this amount of sex. I think I'll just play video games until monday now.

Other than that we played monopoly, watched netflix and she made me pancakes in the morning.

He over-analyses things, if he can get though tonight without an alcohol assisted meltdown that will be progress.

I actually didn't actually drink last night!

It went... okay. She didn't give them the heads up we were dating. There was an awkward moment when we were talking about something random and this woman stops the conversation. It went something like this.

"Girl: Megalosaro, this is the person I told you about. The one that teaches piano.

Me: that's awesome. I've been playing for there or four years. Been taking lessons for 1 year.

Piano teacher: uh huh... how do you two know each other?"

The party was a small party. Maybe 10 people. At that point everyone went silent and looked at us. We kind of looked at each other and couldn't think of a story. I mean we weren't hiding anything but we weren't planning an announcement or anything.

Everyone was like "Calllllled iiiiiiiiiit"

And then we moved on.

Afterwards, we went to a quiet place, kissed a little bit and then cuddled while she showed me Gabriel Iglesias videos. Dudes actually pretty funny.

The party was a small party. Maybe 10 people. At that point everyone went silent and looked at us. We kind of looked at each other and couldn't think of a story. I mean we weren't hiding anything but we weren't planning an announcement or anything.

And then we moved on.

Afterwards, we went to a quiet place, kissed a little bit and then cuddled while she showed me Gabriel Iglesias videos. Dudes actually pretty funny.

Sounds like it went pretty well. That "awkward moment" sounds funny.

I don't get what your issue with the whole thing is, would you rather have had her tell her friends about your arrangement? That's a random expectation of your relationship up to this point.

No, I don't have any problens with it. Like you said, it's too early lol.

I thought it was funny too.

My boy. Keep the positivity going. What are your thoughts on when it's "too early?". I think you and I are in similar spots with our girls, and I'm wanting to ask her where she thinks this is going and give her my perspective

Didn't go well, she wants someone that talks more or clicks better with her. Walked home from the train station and I just wanted to lay down in someone's yard and just not give a fuck anymore.

Bad news team.

She had to cancel for our Pasadena trip. Had a migraine coming on. Sucks, but oh wells.

She still wants to meet up tonight though. There is a garden she wants to go too, and then grab some gelato afterwards.

Disappointing but it happens.

tearsofash

My date on Friday went pretty well, and we're setting up to do a follow up soon. She wanted to do one today but I ended up being a little too busy.

Last night I went to a bonfire and really connected with someone. We fooled around and she drove me home after we spent the night at the party's residence. She says I make her feel "safe"

Is this a moe thing or something?

Jimothy

So what are your guys' thoughts on initiating another date after she flaked out of the last one? This girl and I went on a date like, 3 weeks ago? I dunno but anyway, it was probably the best first date I've ever had. Our senses of humor clicked and we laughed our asses off over beers and tacos and it was great. Anyway, we were gonna go out last week but she cancelled at the last minute and our texting has sort of fallen off from the peak after the date, but she still replies whenever I text her which is...good? My dilemma is I really want to see her again, but I also feel like the ball is in her court to set up another meetup because she cancelled the last one, so I haven't initiated another date yet and neither has she. Should I say fuck it and ask her out again, or stick to my principles and let her do it and risk it not happening? I kinda get the sense that's she cooled off a bit but man, that first date was so good it's clouding my judgement. :(

Oh hello dating age, lurked for some years now. I thought I'd check in and post my dating guide I wrote. Its free today(and mostly all the time). It lists some of my experiences with a dating site, and it gives some advice to women about their profiles. I wrote it super quick and the English is well, but it somehow managed to review/sell Okay, by the two people who reviewed it there. They aren't paid reviews or people I knew.

I'm very old fashioned, so it was written on my perspective of what I like to see in a profile.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XXEJ2H2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Steamlord

So I had been talking to a girl I met on OKC and we were getting along well, and after a bit I asked her on a date, she agreed, but then she ended up postponing (but was still interested in meeting up another time, and she had a reasonable excuse for having to postpone). Then coming up on our second planned date she bailed out and confessed that she was dealing with anxiety issues and she was starting to realize online dating wasn't for her, and apologized for backing out. I have some pretty terrible anxiety issues too, so I told her that and said that I understood how she felt, and she says she'd be willing to meet up at some point, just not yet. Considering I can totally empathize with the whole anxiety thing, and since I'm not exactly in any hurry to start dating someone right away, I'm thinking I might keep in contact with her and see where it goes. We seem to have a lot in common, and she's very nice and intelligent and beautiful, so I really don't want to burn that bridge. Plus because of where I live there aren't really a lot of prospects in terms of online dating in general, so there's not much reason not to just see where this one goes - it's not like there are tons of other people I could be going on dates with instead. Am I being dumb? Considering the thread I'm posting in I feel like I already know the answer...

bluethree

So what are your guys' thoughts on initiating another date after she flaked out of the last one? This girl and I went on a date like, 3 weeks ago? I dunno but anyway, it was probably the best first date I've ever had. Our senses of humor clicked and we laughed our asses off over beers and tacos and it was great. Anyway, we were gonna go out last week but she cancelled at the last minute and our texting has sort of fallen off from the peak after the date, but she still replies whenever I text her which is...good? My dilemma is I really want to see her again, but I also feel like the ball is in her court to set up another meetup because she cancelled the last one, so I haven't initiated another date yet and neither has she. Should I say fuck it and ask her out again, or stick to my principles and let her do it and risk it not happening? I kinda get the sense that's she cooled off a bit but man, that first date was so good it's clouding my judgement. :(

If they flake out on a date and don't offer an alternative, I tell them straight out it's their turn to set the next one (not in a harsh way of course). I've been there - just because she's replying doesn't mean she'll actually take the time to go out with you. She probably either likes the attention or doesn't know how to reject you properly.

I've had plenty of seemingly great dates that went that way (amazing but they started acting flaky after), especially online. Having a great first date can cloud your judgment sometimes when it comes to later behavior. If they're not acting consistent or putting in any effort to see you, move on.

So I had been talking to a girl I met on OKC and we were getting along well, and after a bit I asked her on a date, she agreed, but then she ended up postponing (but was still interested in meeting up another time, and she had a reasonable excuse for having to postpone). Then coming up on our second planned date she bailed out and confessed that she was dealing with anxiety issues and she was starting to realize online dating wasn't for her, and apologized for backing out. I have some pretty terrible anxiety issues too, so I told her that and said that I understood how she felt, and she says she'd be willing to meet up at some point, just not yet. Considering I can totally empathize with the whole anxiety thing, and since I'm not exactly in any hurry to start dating someone right away, I'm thinking I might keep in contact with her and see where it goes. We seem to have a lot in common, and she's very nice and intelligent and beautiful, so I really don't want to burn that bridge. Plus because of where I live there aren't really a lot of prospects in terms of online dating in general, so there's not much reason not to just see where this one goes - it's not like there are tons of other people I could be going on dates with instead. Am I being dumb? Considering the thread I'm posting in I feel like I already know the answer...
Don't waste your time. I think one time I put up with shit like this with some woman on OKC for about 5 months? Only for nothing to come of it.

Contact and texting chain deleted.

Welp now we gotta hear the story dude

Edit: sorry, read the above. Dude, you tried. You did a great thing with this lady, and you got yourself out there and gave it your all. What you're feeling now is the fallout from getting very emotionally invested early in a relationship, like everyone was warning about earlier. Dating is a numbers game, especially as you get older. You'll find the next one... And the next one.. and the....

Welp now we gotta hear the story dude
I'm not her type. She thinks we didn't click, end of story. I'm still gothing my brains out and I got back from this shit 3 hours ago. My only progress now is that I'm sitting up on my bed and not laying down in a goth stupor. Insult to injury is that this was "successful" compared to some of the other shit I get handed. I'm usually just ghosted after a handful of texts.

I'm not her type. She thinks we didn't click, end of story. I'm still gothing my brains out and I got back from this shit 3 hours ago. My only progress now is that I'm sitting up on my bed and not laying down in a goth stupor. Insult to injury is that this was "successful" compared to some of the other shit I get handed. I'm usually just ghosted after a handful of texts.

It's alright to feel like shit about this; just give yourself some time.

When you feel better you're going to look at what went wrong, and hone in on what you want in your next partner, and keep searching. You can let these things beat you down or give you fuel for the next thing. See the man you wanna be and start making steps to get there tomorrow. I can't speak for dating age but I got your back :)

Edit: if you "aren't her type", there's nothing you could have done.

It's alright to feel like shit about this; just give yourself some time.

When you feel better you're going to look at what went wrong, and hone in on what you want in your next partner, and keep searching. You can let these things beat you down or give you fuel for the next thing. See the man you wanna be and start making steps to get there tomorrow. I can't speak for dating age but I got your back :)

Edit: if you "aren't her type", there's nothing you could have done.
I really don't think I'm anybody's type. My "type" always ends up being one of two things. Mentally fucked to the point where they really do not want to date...anybody or women that are already taken or want nothing to do with me.

I really don't think I'm anybody's type. My "type" always ends up being one of two things. Mentally fucked to the point where they really do not want to date...anybody or women that are already taken or want nothing to do with me.

One of the most important lessons I learned this year is that you can't force people to like you. Stop dwelling on another person's opinion of you. It's not really your business. That sounds harsh, but it is meant to give you comfort.

People don't like someone who is down on themselves . If that's the case, you shouldn't be trying to date. People smell that right away and it's basically friend/woman repellent

One of the most important lessons I learned this year is that you can't force people to like you. Stop dwelling on another person's opinion of you. It's not really your business. That sounds harsh, but it is meant to give you comfort.

People don't like someone who is down on themselves . If that's the case, you shouldn't be trying to date. People smell that right away and it's basically friend/woman repellent
I really need to stop giving a fuck and try having an actual personality. I pretty much just repress everything.
After my last date, the post-date music according to my phone's shuffle was TV On The Radio's "Trouble". I was laughing the whole time XD
Nothing about that songs sounds like you were in an emotional existential crisis. Edit: Holy shit I just realized I haven't turned the light on in my room for four hours.

Steamlord

Don't waste your time. I think one time I put up with shit like this with some woman on OKC for about 5 months? Only for nothing to come of it.

Oh, I wouldn't do it for five months or even close to that. I just figure since I don't really have anything else promising going on it can't hurt to give it a bit of time and see if anything happens. Like I said, I'm not really holding myself back from any other prospects as a result, and I'm not going to let myself get emotionally involved.

The one other person I've had decent conversations with recently is polyamorous, and while I can't say I've tried it myself, I really don't think that lifestyle is for me, lol.

I really need to stop giving a fuck and try having an actual personality. I pretty much just repress everything.

Ding ding ding. Cant be scared to be you dog. If you try to make yourself into what you think people want, thats even more ugly to folks. They pick up on it right away. It comes off as being not genuine and desperate.

Oh, I wouldn't do it for five months or even close to that. I just figure since I don't really have anything else promising going on it can't hurt to give it a bit of time and see if anything happens. Like I said, I'm not really holding myself back from any other prospects as a result, and I'm not going to let myself get emotionally involved.

The one other person I've had decent conversations with recently is polyamorous, and while I can't say I've tried it myself, I really don't think that lifestyle is for me, lol.
At this point you'll be better satisfied by simple masturbation
over attempting anything with the two listed options.
Ding ding ding. Cant be scared to be you dog. If you try to make yourself into what you think people want, thats even more ugly to folks. They pick up on it right away. It comes off as being not genuine and desperate.
The fact that people think I'm a dick when I'm not repressing anything doesn't help. I'm also just naturally quiet. I should probably stop being "respectful" and just be more physical too. It does eat up a bunch of energy repressing the urge to not touch a person.

Dreavus

I really like the "Fuck yes, or no" article in the OP. Someone cuts it off or rejects you, there's not much that can be done. Even if there was, would you want this "lukewarm" person with you?

I recently got rejected with a kind of "bad" excuse given, but I know it was just their attempt at softening the blow - even if no reason was given (ghosting) they clearly aren't interested for whatever reason and there's not really anything I can do about that. Every time I think of a "but what if..." I basically blunt instrument it down with "well, it wasn't a "fuck yeah" I need to just get over it".

Steamlord

At this point you'll be better satisfied by simple masturbation
over attempting anything with the two listed options.

Yeah... God I hate living here. I see people talking about getting hundreds of matches, while around here there seem to be only a few hundred people on OKC within three hours or so in any direction, period.

The fact that people think I'm a dick when I'm not repressing anything doesn't help. I'm also just naturally quiet. I should probably stop being "respectful" and just be more physical too. It does eat up a bunch of energy repressing the urge to not touch a person.

i dont believe that the collective world thinks youre a dick. you're killing your chances before you open your mouth. I like what you said about physical contact too! I'm really bad with this as well. Trying to improve on my next dating experiences here. It lets the other person know you are sexually confident- always a plus.

Yeah... God I hate living here. I see people talking about getting hundreds of matches, while around here there seem to be only a few hundred people on OKC within three hours or so in any direction, period.
I'm in a big city, I date...sparingly. As I said, this clusterfuck is successful to me. First second date in I think two years.

Piano teacher: uh huh... how do you two know each other?"

*record scratch* Has your life become a rom com?

Good work on the not drinking BTW.

My date on Friday went pretty well, and we're setting up to do a follow up soon. She wanted to do one today but I ended up being a little too busy.

Last night I went to a bonfire and really connected with someone. We fooled around and she drove me home after we spent the night at the party's residence. She says I make her feel "safe"

Is this a moe thing or something?

safe or comfortable coming from a woman is positive. Means she feels comfortable with you.

Stop overthinking it and ask her out again. If you don't get a reply or she says she can't go without offering an alternative time then there's your answer. She's not interested. Delete her number and move on.

Try other dating apps, different ones have different active bases depending on the area you live.

AcridMeat

Banned
I find it amusing that it's been almost a year and when I first get these apps back on my phone I'm seeing some of the same women.

I guess it isn't that long of a time but to see the same pictures as well is interesting to me.

Thanks for the responses guys, I just needed to vent myself a bit tonight.

Anyway, do we know already what sexually transmitted disease did megaloraso get in that blowjob orgy?

Didn't go well, she wants someone that talks more or clicks better with her. Walked home from the train station and I just wanted to lay down in someone's yard and just not give a fuck anymore.

The bolded is all you've written about the date. Get over yourself instead of throwing another "Jaredwriter has it harder than anyone pity party" in the subsequent posts. Nobody's going to like you if you don't like yourself and the women will pick up on this in your interactions with them. Its unattractive and self defeating and perpetuates the cycle you are complaining about.

I find it amusing that it's been almost a year and when I first get these apps back on my phone I'm seeing some of the same women.

I guess it isn't that long of a time but to see the same pictures as well is interesting to me.

Are they active accounts though? They could still be dating someone and have the apps as a backup if they need them.

Online dating is fickle. I occasionally go "still single huh?" mentally. Peruse see "no black guys" or some stupid height requirements and just leave knowing why they're still single. Everybody just want every fucking box checked off, which is impossible. I don't even think people are willing to compromise or put any kind of work into anything these days. I'm probably wrong...somewhere in this post cause well...it's been a long fucking day.
The bolded is all you've written about the date. Get over yourself instead of throwing another "Jaredwriter has it harder than anyone pity party" in the subsequent posts. Nobody's going to like you if you don't like yourself and the women will pick up on this in your interactions with them. Its unattractive and self defeating and perpetuates the cycle you are complaining about.
I'm quiet and self loathing, especially now. Yes you're right this isn't the best kind of mind set to be going out on a date with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom