• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT7| Tough Love

Hey. Hope your day wasn’t so crazy today.

I’ve spent a crazy huge amount of time today deliberating on whether we’re suited, and I have come to the conclusion that we’re not.

Thank you.

The rejection message! I chopped out a few extra sentences. To me it read more like a cut and paste job with my name inserted rather than it carry any meaning.

Its hard to not feel bummed about it - first time in a while that the in person banter matched the text and phone conversation banter. The only awkward moment was me pondering if she was coming back when she had to use the toilet lol. Normally in most other first dates I've had theres been more than one period in each date where both people sat in silence for some time. Which generally spells doom.

In this instance after dinner we spent another half hour talking some more and there was a fair bit of kissing in that time.

With what took place in the date itself, it has me scratching my head. Was I too ugly ? Was I a bad kisser ? (I shy up when the moment happens). I thought it was doomed during an early part where we sat very close together initially.... she scooted away for a bit (maybe 20 minutes in) for whatever reason. After a few minutes she got close once again.

At the end of the message I was asked/told not to message her and ask why..... in one breath I can accept rejection. But in another breath.... getting a vague reason sucks and blows. Tell me why or how you decided we are not compatible! The inclusion of it makes me think some guys had not reacted well in the past.

The last rejection message I got from another girl a while ago was due to not feeling the chemistry. I didnt respond because why bother ? In this current situation I did respond (sad but true) saying that I figured it was the outcome she'd go with etc. It would have been nice to be told why then I could possibly work on whatever in case THAT is why I struggle.

My last few relationships have been with women not born in my country (two Americans and one Canadian). I have no idea what internationals see in me that local girls don't (aside from the accent of course lol).

Blam

The rejection message! I chopped out a few extra sentences. To me it read more like a cut and paste job with my name inserted rather than it carry any meaning.

Its hard to not feel bummed about it - first time in a while that the in person banter matched the text and phone conversation banter. The only awkward moment was me pondering if she was coming back when she had to use the toilet lol. Normally in most other first dates I've had theres been more than one period in each date where both people sat in silence for some time. Which generally spells doom.

In this instance after dinner we spent another half hour talking some more and there was a fair bit of kissing in that time.

With what took place in the date itself, it has me scratching my head. Was I too ugly ? Was I a bad kisser ? (I shy up when the moment happens). I thought it was doomed during an early part where we sat very close together initially.... she scooted away for a bit (maybe 20 minutes in) for whatever reason. After a few minutes she got close once again.

At the end of the message I was asked/told not to message her and ask why..... in one breath I can accept rejection. But in another breath.... getting a vague reason sucks and blows. Tell me why or how you decided we are not compatible! The inclusion of it makes me think some guys had not reacted well in the past.

The last rejection message I got from another girl a while ago was due to not feeling the chemistry. I didnt respond because why bother ? In this current situation I did respond (sad but true) saying that I figured it was the outcome she'd go with etc. It would have been nice to be told why then I could possibly work on whatever in case THAT is why I struggle.

My last few relationships have been with women not born in my country (two Americans and one Canadian). I have no idea what internationals see in me that local girls don't (aside from the accent of course lol).

I can guarantee she was looking for a quick fuck if anything. Doesn't sound like she takes it further then that with that kind of response message.

Had a roommate move in with her boyfriend some months ago. Her boyfriend was going blind and eventually I guess she couldn't handle it and broke it off with him. She's been living alone for some time and seems like a nice enough woman.

Got to spend time with her on one of her days off from work. When I initially asked her if she was available to hang out, she responded if I was interested romantically but at the moment I just wanted to talk. Ended up chatting with her for about 3 hours. Was a decent enough time.

I think I will make a move next time if she gives off signs.

I texted her a couple of days ago and she got back to me last night that she would be around on Tuesday. She's libertarian and a little into conspiracy theories which are a red flag. Obama was a Muslim type conspiracies. I explained to her that it didn't matter if Obama was Muslim because many of the policies he pushed had no bearing in Muslim worlds (abortion, gun control, universal health care) and were actually liberal policies. She seemed to take what I said into account although I don't know how much my words will stick with her. We'll see.

Anyway, I plan on starting a TV series with her and avoiding political minefields for the time being. Thinking about starting with The Leftovers as I've heard that is really good.

I seem to make the wrong choice for my romantic life at least once a year. I think I'm in the process of having another moment..... ant it's only April!

I met someone and we hit it off, she comes with baggage, still went for it as we just had a certain spark.

The situation blew up in both of our faces (her ex partner came back on the scene and has ruffled feathers, putting it mildly).

Now she's pondering going back to an old life, or sticking it out with me.

I seem to make the wrong choice for my romantic life at least once a year. I think I'm in the process of having another moment..... ant it's only April!

I met someone and we hit it off, she comes with baggage, still went for it as we just had a certain spark.

The situation blew up in both of our faces (her ex partner came back on the scene and has ruffled feathers, putting it mildly).

Now she's pondering going back to an old life, or sticking it out with me.
Don't bail just yet, but get ready for it. If she takes more than a couple of days to figure it out, flee asap. Let her make a wrong choice, you won't be available if/when she realizes it was a mistake.

Don't bail just yet, but get ready for it. If she takes more than a couple of days to figure it out, flee asap. Let her make a wrong choice, you won't be available if/when she realizes it was a mistake.

I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Honestly just want to see her happy.

I was feeling glum at the time of my last post, but a bit more optimistic today after speaking to her.

I haven't said the friend zone comment yet, but I'd be cool with taking a back seat and waiting to see if their romance is rekindled orrr done and dusted.

With the way my romantic life has panned out in recent times I'd still be single even if it took her as long as a year.

nush

I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Honestly just want to see her happy.

I was feeling glum at the time of my last post, but a bit more optimistic today after speaking to her.

I haven't said the friend zone comment yet, but I'd be cool with taking a back seat and waiting to see if their romance is rekindled orrr done and dusted.

With the way my romantic life has panned out in recent times I'd still be single even if it took her as long as a year.
So were you dating before this dude came back or not?

So were you dating before this dude came back or not?

No
But things were heading that direction.

*EDIT* And confirmed - got the lets be friends while I see if I can repair the previous relationship talk.

I'm equally sad, horrified yet accept it.

Last edited:

Whatisaman?

Neo Member
Hi, new guy here on gaf, been going through some tough problems and my head doesn't seem to be working right because of it, i have been feeling kinda "depressed" and i just can't stop thinking about it, if someone can spend 5 minutes reading this and give some words of advice would be awesome, and thanks in advance....

Here is the problem, i have 29 years, i'm from brazil, and in the last year and 4 months i had this girlfriend who for me was the best girl i've dated in my life, i had easely the best moments in my life with her, this was the first girl that i gave real thoughts about starting living together and marriage.
She is younger than me (21 years old) and very mature for her age, already lives alone, works as cook, very long hours of work some times, but it was never a problem for us, very charismatic and optmistic. I have much respect and admiration for her and her history of life and how she lives, i have nothing but good things to say about her.

But in about a month and a few days she decided that she wanted to just be "free" and just enjoy her life alone and i'm not going to go throught everything that was discussed because is not important and i "accept" and respect her decision for ending it, as much as it hurts me.
I understand that no one is obligated to be with someone and we have to just understand it and respect it, we have to be mature enough to see this.
She is young and i think that she just needs to live her life, understand herself and decide what she wants out of her life, and maybe after that have a serious relationship with someone.

I still love this girl, this is the first girl i dated that i can really say that i feel real love for, we undertood each other from the very first date and the chemistry was just out of this world.
I don't have any hope that we can still get back together and maybe work this out.

Here is my problem, most of my friends and family says that i need to just move on and that i'm going to find someone that is on the same level as her or even better than her.
But i just don't have faith enough to believe that you know? i have 29 years old and i took me all this time to feel all this love that i didn't even believe existed.
How can i believe that?
I'm feeling so scared about all of this, i've already deleted this girl from all of my social midia because every picture i see of her is just a punch in the gut and i told her about it and she undertood that and respects it.
Everything feels just so weird right now, it's been a month and a few day since the break up and i just think about her almost 24 hours a day, even with work, college and gym.

I ask you guys, how you guys deal with this?
i'm a pessimistic or realistic, i don't know which really, but i just can't believe that i'm going to find someone as awesome as her, it took me 29 years to find her, how long is going to take me now? and that thought is killing me inside, some times a just feel like going to talk to her and maybe work things out, but it's just going to explode it in my face and i'm going to feel even worse than before. This break up is just definitive and i have to accept it.

I need to move on and i just can't do this, i don't have any faith that i'm going feel like this with someone else and kills me, and makes me feel even more empty inside, i've been crying a lot and feeling like trash most of the time, not because i'm "unlovable" or anything, but it's because i miss her a lot every freaking day.

How do you guys move on? do you guys believe that you're going to find anyone better than someone you loved before? did it happen?
in my experience, talking to a bunch of friends and even family, it just doesn't seen happen, and i just can't believe it myself when someone says that it will happen you know? everything is just weird and feels unreal sometimes, i know she wasn't perfect or anything, but in my eyes she is perfect as she is, she is not the most beautiful girl in the world or the most bright, but everything in conjunction to me made her the perfect woman to me. And it's just sad that ended this way and that i will never be able to hold her, kiss her or even see her in person, because it will be just painful.

thanks everyone that reads this.
I'm sorry about the english, i'm from brazil and i know i'm not fluent in it yet.

nush

Sorry to read your story. The way to get passes these feeling is time, you already delete her social media not you just need to find distratctions to stop yourself thinking abouit her. Hang with your friends do hobbies, anything to keep busy. In time you'll feel better. The problem with dating young women is that they don't know what they want and can change their feeling very quickly, maybe your strong feelings were too much for her. Learn from that next time and take things slower. You can do this!

Whatisaman?

Neo Member
Sorry to read your story. The way to get passes these feeling is time, you already delete her social media not you just need to find distratctions to stop yourself thinking abouit her. Hang with your friends do hobbies, anything to keep busy. In time you'll feel better. The problem with dating young women is that they don't know what they want and can change their feeling very quickly, maybe your strong feelings were too much for her. Learn from that next time and take things slower. You can do this!

You're right, i can be very intense about my feelings, and this time my feelings were stronger than ever and it was hard to not show that i was completely in love with her, i did everything in my power to help her and make her happy in every situation.
Thanks for the words ;)

Hotspurr

Banned
Hi, new guy here on gaf, been going through some tough problems and my head doesn't seem to be working right because of it, i have been feeling kinda "depressed" and i just can't stop thinking about it, if someone can spend 5 minutes reading this and give some words of advice would be awesome, and thanks in advance....

Here is the problem, i have 29 years, i'm from brazil, and in the last year and 4 months i had this girlfriend who for me was the best girl i've dated in my life, i had easely the best moments in my life with her, this was the first girl that i gave real thoughts about starting living together and marriage.
She is younger than me (21 years old) and very mature for her age, already lives alone, works as cook, very long hours of work some times, but it was never a problem for us, very charismatic and optmistic. I have much respect and admiration for her and her history of life and how she lives, i have nothing but good things to say about her.

But in about a month and a few days she decided that she wanted to just be "free" and just enjoy her life alone and i'm not going to go throught everything that was discussed because is not important and i "accept" and respect her decision for ending it, as much as it hurts me.
I understand that no one is obligated to be with someone and we have to just understand it and respect it, we have to be mature enough to see this.
She is young and i think that she just needs to live her life, understand herself and decide what she wants out of her life, and maybe after that have a serious relationship with someone.

I still love this girl, this is the first girl i dated that i can really say that i feel real love for, we undertood each other from the very first date and the chemistry was just out of this world.
I don't have any hope that we can still get back together and maybe work this out.

Here is my problem, most of my friends and family says that i need to just move on and that i'm going to find someone that is on the same level as her or even better than her.
But i just don't have faith enough to believe that you know? i have 29 years old and i took me all this time to feel all this love that i didn't even believe existed.
How can i believe that?
I'm feeling so scared about all of this, i've already deleted this girl from all of my social midia because every picture i see of her is just a punch in the gut and i told her about it and she undertood that and respects it.
Everything feels just so weird right now, it's been a month and a few day since the break up and i just think about her almost 24 hours a day, even with work, college and gym.

i'm a pessimistic or realistic, i don't know which really, but i just can't believe that i'm going to find someone as awesome as her, it took me 29 years to find her, how long is going to take me now? and that thought is killing me inside, some times a just feel like going to talk to her and maybe work things out, but it's just going to explode it in my face and i'm going to feel even worse than before. This break up is just definitive and i have to accept it.

I need to move on and i just can't do this, i don't have any faith that i'm going feel like this with someone else and kills me, and makes me feel even more empty inside, i've been crying a lot and feeling like trash most of the time, not because i'm "unlovable" or anything, but it's because i miss her a lot every freaking day.

How do you guys move on? do you guys believe that you're going to find anyone better than someone you loved before? did it happen?
in my experience, talking to a bunch of friends and even family, it just doesn't seen happen, and i just can't believe it myself when someone says that it will happen you know? everything is just weird and feels unreal sometimes, i know she wasn't perfect or anything, but in my eyes she is perfect as she is, she is not the most beautiful girl in the world or the most bright, but everything in conjunction to me made her the perfect woman to me. And it's just sad that ended this way and that i will never be able to hold her, kiss her or even see her in person, because it will be just painful.

I'm sorry about the english, i'm from brazil and i know i'm not fluent in it yet.

Dating at 21 year old is risky. Even though women can be much more mature than men at the same age, you will generally be at a different stage in life given the age difference. I know several couples with a 10 year gap, and while it does work sometimes, it's definitely a challenge. Wanting to be "free" at 21 sounds about right.

The problem with guys is we tend to be overly romantic and obssess a bit too much, sometimes for years to come. The best thing to do is to be thankful you got to spend whatever time you had and then move on. Don't make your life goal to find a woman to love. At some point in my life I also realized all the emotions associated with love is just millions of years of evolution pushing chemicals into your brain to reproduce. Once you learn to fight your human instincts you may reach a state of enlightenment where you can rationalize away emotions that make you uncomfortable (kind of like the Buddhists).

Also, as my partner loves to say, if someone doesn't want you, why bother giving them the attention and love that they clearly don't deserve?

Whatisaman?

Neo Member
Dating at 21 year old is risky. Even though women can be much more mature than men at the same age, you will generally be at a different stage in life given the age difference. I know several couples with a 10 year gap, and while it does work sometimes, it's definitely a challenge. Wanting to be "free" at 21 sounds about right.

The problem with guys is we tend to be overly romantic and obssess a bit too much, sometimes for years to come. The best thing to do is to be thankful you got to spend whatever time you had and then move on. Don't make your life goal to find a woman to love. At some point in my life I also realized all the emotions associated with love is just millions of years of evolution pushing chemicals into your brain to reproduce. Once you learn to fight your human instincts you may reach a state of enlightenment where you can rationalize away emotions that make you uncomfortable (kind of like the Buddhists).

Also, as my partner loves to say, if someone doesn't want you, why bother giving them the attention and love that they clearly don't deserve?

Yeah i understand that, my mother always tells me that, "that if someone doesn't want me, why should i be suffering because of them?".
It's hard to just "move on" you know? the feelings are just way too strong, like i said, i spent some of the best times of my life with her, had too many expectations about it too, i know it's wrong but i could easely see myself marrying this girl.

I knew from the beginning that it was risky because of her age and that it would be hard to make it work, but a know couples that met at young age and are still together to this day, making more than 10 years together and aparently loving each other very much, and i had hope that i could be one of this couples.

I'm a romantic guy by nature, i know true love it's almost impossible to find these days, but something about this girl really made me feel something else.

Well life goes on, thx for the words of advice

nush

but a know couples that met at young age and are still together to this day, making more than 10 years together and aparently loving each other very much, and i had hope that i could be one of this couples.

difference is you tow didnt meet when you were young, just one of you young.

Hi!

How can i believe that?

Hi! looks like I stumbled on to this thread by clear coincidence.

I want to say firstly, that I understand how you feel about this person, as I am typing right now, I have this sensation going through my body that is both nice and nerve wrecking at the same time. I was with a girl for 9 years, myself, who I was deeply in love with. I always gave her space, always helped her financially and more than that we were into the same shit. Music, movies, art, games. She was perfect, or so I thought... I won't get into that, though.

Anyway, enough about me. This is about you. I honestly think you have two options, you can either attempt to pursue and attract her again or just move on. Personally, going by experience, I would move on. She's only 21. She's still trying to figure things out and decide on what's for her, so with that said, I would respect that. I know it's hard to let go of someone you truly adore and have genuine affection for, but I think it's just better for you to go through the pain and learn from it.
I know this sounds cliche and dull, but trust me man, if this is getting you down more than you're conveying, then just take this advice... work on yourself, enjoy your life, spend time with friends and get reacquainted with the things in life that you enjoy and that make you happy.
That's how I got through my own pain. I was literally suffering without my ex, I felt so depressed and for 3 years I became an introverted shut in.

Again, though, focus on you for awhile. I know she means a lot to you. They kill us when they mean so much and this kind of stuff happens.
You should try doing things that will take your mind off of this. For me, I felt like I couldn't even live for awhile and I wrought so much pain and suffering onto myself for it. When I think back, I see myself as a fool. I can't say much else unless you want to get into my own history, which I wouldn't mind sharing, I guess.

You're on NeoGAF, so I assume you like vidya. Get reacquainted with games! For example.. I will now be playing Yakuza 6! :p
I wish the best for you, though. You seem sincere and a nice person. I hope you find someone else who deserves those increasingly rare traits.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Hi Dating-GAF,

About a year ago, I was pursuing this female in which we did a ton of things together such as: fine dining, movies, social events, theme parks, gift giving, and etc. After sometime (I suppose months later), I confessed my feelings to her and her response was “I don’t know what I want yet”. Shortly after (again, months later) we stopped talking, and one day I ran into her and her new boyfriend. Please note: there were times where we would text and meet up for lunch to catch up.

Fast forward one year later, I clicked into her IG story and found out she was using dating apps and I casually respond. Since my initial interaction, we have been meeting up i.e., fine dining, movies, and even clubbing (she came out alone to party with me and my friends), and there is the occasional “i’ll pick her up from work and drive her home”. This has been going on for close to a month, and I am thinking of asking her to be gf at this point. Oh yes, for her birthday i bought her a gift as she was hinting that she was looking for a specific item.

Dating-Gaf, please advise? Given her actions, I believe she is interested but I maybe wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Whatisaman?

Neo Member
Hi!

Hi! looks like I stumbled on to this thread by clear coincidence.

I want to say firstly, that I understand how you feel about this person, as I am typing right now, I have this sensation going through my body that is both nice and nerve wrecking at the same time. I was with a girl for 9 years, myself, who I was deeply in love with. I always gave her space, always helped her financially and more than that we were into the same shit. Music, movies, art, games. She was perfect, or so I thought... I won't get into that, though.

Anyway, enough about me. This is about you. I honestly think you have two options, you can either attempt to pursue and attract her again or just move on. Personally, going by experience, I would move on. She's only 21. She's still trying to figure things out and decide on what's for her, so with that said, I would respect that. I know it's hard to let go of someone you truly adore and have genuine affection for, but I think it's just better for you to go through the pain and learn from it.
I know this sounds cliche and dull, but trust me man, if this is getting you down more than you're conveying, then just take this advice... work on yourself, enjoy your life, spend time with friends and get reacquainted with the things in life that you enjoy and that make you happy.
That's how I got through my own pain. I was literally suffering without my ex, I felt so depressed and for 3 years I became an introverted shut in.

Again, though, focus on you for awhile. I know she means a lot to you. They kill us when they mean so much and this kind of stuff happens.
You should try doing things that will take your mind off of this. For me, I felt like I couldn't even live for awhile and I wrought so much pain and suffering onto myself for it. When I think back, I see myself as a fool. I can't say much else unless you want to get into my own history, which I wouldn't mind sharing, I guess.

You're on NeoGAF, so I assume you like vidya. Get reacquainted with games! For example.. I will now be playing Yakuza 6! :p
I wish the best for you, though. You seem sincere and a nice person. I hope you find someone else who deserves those increasingly rare traits.

Yeah that's what i think i'm going to do, just let go, and focus on myself.
I don't know what destiny has in store for me but if she is meant to be with me it's going to happen either i want it or not, i think i just need to be more patient and let mother time work a little more.

But 9 years man that's a lot, let me ask you this, i sometimes feel a little bad because my head thinks that i'm not going to find someone as awesome as her you know. Did you think about this at all? while you were recovering?

Whatisaman?

Neo Member
Hi Dating-GAF,

About a year ago, I was pursuing this female in which we did a ton of things together such as: fine dining, movies, social events, theme parks, gift giving, and etc. After sometime (I suppose months later), I confessed my feelings to her and her response was “I don’t know what I want yet”. Shortly after (again, months later) we stopped talking, and one day I ran into her and her new boyfriend. Please note: there were times where we would text and meet up for lunch to catch up.

Fast forward one year later, I clicked into her IG story and found out she was using dating apps and I casually respond. Since my initial interaction, we have been meeting up i.e., fine dining, movies, and even clubbing (she came out alone to party with me and my friends), and there is the occasional “i’ll pick her up from work and drive her home”. This has been going on for close to a month, and I am thinking of asking her to be gf at this point. Oh yes, for her birthday i bought her a gift as she was hinting that she was looking for a specific item.

Dating-Gaf, please advise? Given her actions, I believe she is interested but I maybe wrong?

Thanks!

Hi
I get that sometimes people give us mixed signals, and that may confuse us, and what i learned from this is that i should always be honest about my feelings towards someone, just tell her what you think about her and hope for the best.
You may get a bad response and you'll probably feel bad about it, but you'll be able to move on if it's not meant to be.
Doubt is the worse thing you can keep in your mind, "does she like me or not", if she does? awesome , if not? move on.

I know this may not be the answer you were looking for, but it has helped me alot along the years.

Yeah that's what i think i'm going to do, just let go, and focus on myself.
I don't know what destiny has in store for me but if she is meant to be with me it's going to happen either i want it or not, i think i just need to be more patient and let mother time work a little more.

But 9 years man that's a lot, let me ask you this, i sometimes feel a little bad because my head thinks that i'm not going to find someone as awesome as her you know. Did you think about this at all? while you were recovering?

Well, for me, I had it bad. I had about as worse of a broken heart as you could get, just before suicide. It forced me to travel deep into myself and figure out who I am. Did I think I'd never find someone else? Yeah. But after time passed I realized she wasn't the one for me.
I realized I put in way more effort into the relationship than she did. She had good intentions but she didn't give it her all. I only realized this after the blindness that "love" causes while you're with someone; who can make you feel like no one else exists, had finally faded.

In the end, I can say with complete honesty, that I will never make such a mistake again. I will always be more intelligent than emotional when it comes to being with someone. Letting your emotions take the driver's seat will make you do dumb things, like blame yourself for things, or just doing certain things without a second thought. Things you may even regret later, like I did.

Love should always be a two way street, if it's not, then it shouldn't happen. That is why, in my opinion, you should move on, especially since she initiated the split. Remind yourself why life is still great, even without her.

nush

Hi Dating-GAF,

Thanks!

I think she is interested and probably thinking why you did not aks her yet!

Liquid_015

Gold Member
I think she is interested and probably thinking why you did not aks her yet!

I’m just hesitsting because of what she said a year ago, and I’m afraid that I’m misreading her actions as “interested”. I will make a move tomorrow, as I already planned dinner and movie.

I’m just hesitsting because of what she said a year ago, and I’m afraid that I’m misreading her actions as “interested”. I will make a move tomorrow, as I already planned dinner and movie.

Have you ever kissed? What type of strong signals have you gotten from her? Has she ever gifted you anything significant? Does she go out of her way to do anything for you and if so, what?

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Have you ever kissed? What type of strong signals have you gotten from her? Has she ever gifted you anything significant? Does she go out of her way to do anything for you and if so, what?
Nope I have not kissed her. Nothing significant, but small gifts (back then which was ages ago). She's usually quite busy at work, but she attempted to get out of a meeting (by asking her boss but was unsuccessful) to watch a movie with me. At one point, she did say that if she didn't have to work should would have asked me out for drinks... lols.

Nope I have not kissed her. Nothing significant, but small gifts (back then which was ages ago). She's usually quite busy at work, but she attempted to get out of a meeting (by asking her boss but was unsuccessful) to watch a movie with me. At one point, she did say that if she didn't have to work should would have asked me out for drinks... lols.

I hope your dinner goes well. You should just come clean without being dramatic to her. Just be straight forward.

Whatever you decide, let us know how it goes!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Liquid, just be careful.

You presented yourself as an option before and she essentially brushed you off and went with someone else. So it wasn't that she wasn't interested in dating period, it was that she wasn't interested in dating you specifically at the time.

Nothing to bum yourself out about, but you seem like you're kind of bending over backwards to make this person's life better, and I just want to make sure that it's a mutual relationship and not one where she's just agreeing to it because you're being super kind to her.

What changed between before and now that you're suddenly of interest to her?

Just make sure you're being respected and she's showing she cares about you as well. Is she paying for anything, or is everything coming out of your wallet?

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Liquid, just be careful.

You presented yourself as an option before and she essentially brushed you off and went with someone else. So it wasn't that she wasn't interested in dating period, it was that she wasn't interested in dating you specifically at the time.

Nothing to bum yourself out about, but you seem like you're kind of bending over backwards to make this person's life better, and I just want to make sure that it's a mutual relationship and not one where she's just agreeing to it because you're being super kind to her.

What changed between before and now that you're suddenly of interest to her?

Just make sure you're being respected and she's showing she cares about you as well. Is she paying for anything, or is everything coming out of your wallet?

Well I asked if there was anything between us, and we met in person to discuss. She was thinking for the longest time, and she answered with “I don’t know what i want...”, but of course I tried to convince her otherwise. And so, I straight up said I don’t know what actually happened between us initially and why we stopped talking hence her finding someone else. She thought we were actually together (but when I confessed my feelings to her - a year ago - she hit me with a “i don't know what I want...”), and said if I actually held her hand at the time that would have made it official. During the time we weren’t talking to each other, she thought i didnt want to talk to her. Following that, she said she knows that if she doesn’t go for it this time i.e., be with me, there won’t be another opportunity. Shortly after, she straight up grabbed my hands and said lets try this!

Please note: throughout the conversation, I told her exactly how I felt and tried to persuade her otherwise because she tends to overthink a lot.

Well I was always interested in her, but like her, I found someone else but that didn’t turn out well.

Oh yes. Definitely! We take turns paying for dinner - it’s always been kind of our thing since we first met. In fact, I bought her a birthday present, and the first thing she said was she doesn’t want me to buy all these gifts for her (going forward) because it gives her pressure. But knowing myself, I bought it for her because i know she wanted it and I was more than happy/glad to do so as long as she liked it.

Last edited:

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
That's really great, man. I'm really happy to hear that things appear to be fairly mutual like that.

How old are you guys if you don't mind me asking?

Is this thread still active? The old DatingAge threads on GAF used to be a solid read. It's crazy that no one has posted here in six months. I was about to post my Tinder date report from last weekend.

My girl and I broke up on Xmas day. We had been through a lot together but after the miscarriage, there was no longer any happiness. for months we tried to make it work while it was all going downhill, xmas night was the explosion I saw coming for a long time.

So I went out tonight (sat) and brought a girl home. She just left about an hour ago and i feel weird. I dunno like partially I feel like I done wrong, like it was too soon to be fooling around.

Saying that though, the ass on a female rugby player is a thing of beauty.

Papa

Banned
My girl and I broke up on Xmas day. We had been through a lot together but after the miscarriage, there was no longer any happiness. for months we tried to make it work while it was all going downhill, xmas night was the explosion I saw coming for a long time.

So I went out tonight (sat) and brought a girl home. She just left about an hour ago and i feel weird. I dunno like partially I feel like I done wrong, like it was too soon to be fooling around.

Saying that though, the ass on a female rugby player is a thing of beauty.

Indeed

Been chatting recently to a girl nearby on tinder. Things going fine enough, then I get this message. Everything up until sex shop is a red flag. I’ve never encountered a feminist in the wild before. What do?

d35SusV.jpg

Last edited:

greyshark

Been chatting recently to a girl nearby on tinder. Things going fine enough, then I get this message. Everything up until sex shop is a red flag. I’ve never encountered a feminist in the wild before. What do?

d35SusV.jpg

Personally I’d try not to overthink it - too much can be read into texts/chat messages. If you’re interested in her set up a meet up - you’ll get a much better sense about potential red flags that way.

Top Bottom