• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dawn of War 3 announced soon? SoA has website

Uh, Starcraft 2's scale is way bigger the DoW2. Even bigger then Dawn of War 1 I would say or on par.

Please read. The sentence you're referring to is speaking about DoW1 not DoW2... no shit sc2 has bigger scale than dow2.

In DoW1 when you're at max cap with squads that are maxed out, depending on the race you're playing you'll have way more than what sc2 allows. Not even counting vehicles.

ArjanN

Please read. The sentence you're referring to is speaking about DoW1 not DoW2... no shit sc2 has bigger scale than dow2.

In DoW1 when you're at max cap with squads that are maxed out, depending on the race you're playing you'll have way more than what sc2 allows. Not even counting vehicles.

To be fair squads are more like one big unit that just happens to look like a bunch of guys. :p

Haunted

Having Primarchs has troop will be damn good
Not going to lie, but seeing any of the primarchs in action would be a dream come true for any HH fan. The different chapters and their distinct specializations would lead to enough variance to make up for the lack of Xenos races - I think a Horus Heresy game has a shitton of potential.

Not going to lie, but seeing any of the primarchs in action would be a dream come true for any HH fan. The different chapters and their distinct specializations would lead to enough variance to make up for the lack of Xenos races - I think a Horus Heresy game has a shitton of potential.

GW used to be incredibly strict about how their own lore could be used, to the point where they had final say on just about anything. If that hasn't changed, I don't think any developer is going to touch Horus Heresy.

I mean, that's exactly why Relic made up an entirely new Space Marine Chapter for the Dawn of War games.

Surprised how split people are on what they like. I liked both DoW1 and DoW2 series. Still preferred the insane carnage+scale of 1 though.

TheTrain

Sorry if old, maybe it's nothing but who knows?
This is the latest patch for Dawn of War GOTY, dated 6th July [2 days ago]. It's a strange timing, isn't it?

Prepare yourself for the grim, dark future of the 41st millennium, where alien races battle mankind for galactic domination in a universe of unending war.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War has been updated to include Steam Trading Cards to enhance your experience! As players explore through the campaign and multiplayer modes they’ll unlock Trading Cards along with new badges, chat emoticons, and Steam profile backgrounds! To celebrate, Dawn of War will be 75% off until July 13th at 10AM PST.

DoW1_FB_TradingCard_Steam.jpg

DCDW

I preferred the 1st game much more than the second. That said the second game was still fun. I just didn't like the small unit amount vs all the ground you had to cover. DoW2 Felt like a game of grab ass, taking a point but having to move to the point the enemy just captured because you left that point undefended to capture the one you just got. DoW1 used those points as territory creep and kept the action focused on combat and a identifiable goal and direction to keep the action going in. DoW2 did individual squad combat much better but if anything, the pathing AI in both games wasn't soo hot. Hopefully DoW3's biggest improvement regardless of how it plays, is the pathing AI.

Jinaar

Don't tease me?!?! Don't!!! I swear this smells of the handy work of the Alpha Legion. It's going to be nothing, only broken Imperial hearts.

#TeamNoBaseBuilding

I'm legitimately curious what the final mutation of this thing is. Danny Bilson was saying some weird shit about DoW3 during the THQ days.

#TeamFuckTeamNoBaseBuilding

Whether this possible iteration closely resembles DoW1 or 2 drastically effects my enthusiasm. I want to play an RTS, not a MOBA-lite.

Keasar

I'd be alright with some light base building like Company of Heroes 2.

I do wanna be able to build emplacements, bunkers etc. so that I can properly play the Imperial Guard army right (Who will be included. Right? RIGHT!?).

My hope is that they take some of the gameplay from Dawn of War 2 but mixes it with Company of Heroes to allow for bigger armies. I want that clash of large forces that was in Dawn of War 1, but with more lethality so that battles don't become almost endless with how slow units die.

Beepos

DOW1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DOW2

Pleaseeee I don't mind what you do for single player but make multi an updated DOW1.

Stevey

9YXpiCY.png

It's got to be it, right?
Also, played Dawn Of War last night and it prompts you to create a relic account, don't recall that happening before.

9YXpiCY.png

It's got to be it, right?
Also, played Dawn Of War last night and it prompts you to create a relic account, don't recall that happening before.

I think it's probably DoW3, but Relic is also expected to imminently announce the next major content pack for Company of Heroes 2. They're teasing it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/companyheroes/status/616679583069417474
https://twitter.com/companyheroes/status/618479615347175425/photo/1

I would say 90% chance that it's DoW, since they're also talking about a lot of DoW related stuff on the Relic twitter.

Lanrutcon

Dawn of War 3: Reckobutiogeddon.

Multiplayer online dating sim with collectable cards and match 3 combat.

Can the Emperor find love? Find out this summer.

Played both of them quite a bit, but have like 500 hours on DoW2 compared to like 50 on DoW1. I was completely hooked on the MP in 2. Base building is just kind of a chore to me I guess. I'll be happy either way, but I hope they keep the focus on the combat, and not as much on the resources. so...

#teamnobasebuilding

As long as it's more DoW1 than 2 I'm all for this.

Unless it's like neither and actually innovates the RTS genre a bit more, in which case I'll also be happy.

One things for sure, they have an uphill struggle making an RTS in this day and age. MOBAs ate the pie. :[

edit: Also give me lots of factions please. I honestly don't care that much about balance as long as there's variety. It's not like the online will live that long anyway. ;D

Lime

The new COH2 multiplayer expansion is now on Steam. Maybe the Relic website update was related to that?

Stevey

The new COH2 multiplayer expansion is now on Steam. Maybe the Relic website update was related to that?

Still says new website coming soon, but the new expac is only available to pre-purchase, so it could be that, ready for release.

I would love to see a Relic 40k take on Men of War style games. Squad based but you could take direct 3rd person control of any unit. It would be a combination of DOW2 and Space Marine. That would be amazing.

Durask

I've been playing the Ultimate Apocalypse mod for DOW1

Sure, it's crazy and some models are ahem not very good and there are bugs but still, to have something this huge done by fans is pretty amazing - especially since they dumped other people's mods in there (Tyranids, Daemons, Inquisition) and it actually works without crashing well most of the time.

Ultimate%20Apocalypse%20best%20mods.png

da_Waaaagh_is_here_and_ready_fer_stompin.jpg

Dawn of War 2 was just updated with trading cards and is 75% off for a week.

I think this part of the news post was pretty telling:

We can’t wait to usher in a new generation of Dawn of War players, as well as show veterans some love with new unlockables.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What is the order of quality on the DOW2 series? I think I might buy one. I might just have to go with the original release though for story reasons.

DoW 2 and Chaos Rising have a more traditional campaign structure whereas Retribution has a strategic metagame style campaign akin to DoW1 Dark Crusade.

They are all great, just depends on which kind of campaign you prefer.

What is the order of quality on the DOW2 series? I think I might buy one. I might just have to go with the original release though for story reasons.

For singleplayer, as Sinatar stated they're all pretty good, but Chaos Rising is probably the highlight.

For multiplayer, there's no reason to play anything other than Retribution. With Elite mod it's great.

You can get all 3 for $13 on Steam, it's well worth it.

Top Bottom