• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ just hit a new all time high concurrent player count

Sybrix

It is an amazing game.

It has its faults for sure, the engine is very clunky, ARMA was always clunky.

However the game has had constant investment from the devs and updates and is in the state it is today due to that.

It's such a unique game and offers so much variety to the player. On first glance, you go into it wanting to get geared and kill players and zombies for as long as you can.

But i've had many play sessions where i've been a pacifist, the goal to survive, gather items to craft fishing rods and guns to be a hunter and survive in the wilderness. The game map is so huge you can find a chunk of map and stay there for days and days.

I recall one time i set up camp in the middle of a forest, had a lake near me and a town about 3km away, i would hunt and build a camp/base in the woods, make trips into the town 3km away from me for supplies for the base, managed to survive for several weeks until i was killed by wolves. But in that time i didnt engage in any PvP.

Game offers so much that isnt just PvP.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I have played DayZ during the Arma era a lot. Imo, the mod DayZ was always better then the standalone version which i haven't played a lot. I might install DayZ standalone again, but i remember that DayZ before the standalone had way more options.

I haven't played it in so long. I'm pretty sure I was active back on the GAF thread when it was just a Mod for Arma 2. What a great concept and I'm glad to see it's still alive and kicking.

Maybe one day when I have a few days and some drinks with some buddies. Such a cool game to play and socialize in. One of my best buddies on GAF I met on DayZ just by happenstance.
I vividly remember playing DayZ way back with you and other GAF folk. Feels so long ago now, but it was fun.

swaffles23

Maybe I should check it out. I bought it when it came out and didn't play all that much despite putting close to 1000 hours into DayZ mod

Kupfer

Awesome game with an awesome commnity.
Coming back every few months to roam around in chernarus & livonia.

Top Bottom