• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DDOS attacks - targeting PSN, Spotify, Netflix, Comcast, etc

Man I'm selling my ps4 tommorow and I'm trying to upload my clips and format it before I do but can't because psn is in 'maintenance'.

Thanks.

Pennywise

I tried this earlier and lost my internet connection completely due to a DNS error

I only suggested it earlier, because it worked for me.
Was out to get some food and this DNS kicks me out right away.

Can sign in with the automatic setting, but BF1 servers are still fucked.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Well looks like I finally need to utilize mt 128GB MicroSD in my phone. I usually listen to internet radio after we close and I am cleaning. makes the time go by quicker

D.Va

Neo Member
Netflix, Twitter, PayPal, and PSN are all down for me. Right when I was about to renew my subscription to WoW... perhaps this is a sign. :p

But seriously. :/

Piku_Ringo

Banned
rEKId2c.gif

this is kind of scary...

Bruce Schneier (a big computer security guy) had an infamous blog post awhile back where he said that the sophistication and scale of some of these attacks suggests that one or more very powerful entities are probing the fundamental infrastructure of the internet for weaknesses. Hard to say whether or not that applies to this case, but we are seeing record-setting attacks happen with alarming frequency.

If this happens on the US' election day (which I am extremely confident that it will), that could cause considerable confusion and unrest...the last thing we need right now. =(

Im able to pass the connection test on PS4 with OpenDNS but I still get the "cant connect to EA's servers" error when trying to play BF1

I'm on the east coast as of right now, in the big red area its been affecting I guess? Haven't had issues with any of the above all day, not sure about PSN as I'm not around a console at the moment, but if that is true hopefully its resolved over the weekend.

Top Bottom