• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DDOS attacks - targeting PSN, Spotify, Netflix, Comcast, etc

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
PSN not working for me (NYC)

Twitter/Paypal too

this is fucked

vypek

From what I can gather, the DDoS attack is retaliation against a large DNS company for their work in collaboration with cyber security journalist Brian Krebs.
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/10/ddos-on-dyn-impacts-twitter-spotify-reddit/

It's cool that even though a lot of the world's major web sites are down, good old Gaf has survived.

I could believe that is true. People have been trying to fuck shit up for Krebs for a while now. Could definitely see someone trying to attack a service that collaborated with him

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I can't even open xhamster and thats the Real drama T.T

v9tQi1v.gif

Like I said...this time might have been unavoidable, but my opinion is that their service is down more than it should be and I'll just leave it at that. It's like an employee that calls in sick a lot more than he should. It doesn't mean that one of those times he isn't actually legitimately sick.

Your opinion is uninformed and baseless tho.

SarusGray

I just ordered a costume from Etsy. Looks like I ain't getting that in time also ;(

Holy cow, OKTA is down, which is what my job uses. My office must be going nuts right now.

Kacho

Oh so that's why Twitter wasn't loading. Good thing I'm not working remote today if Comcast is down.

HardRojo

Peru here. PSN and Twitter aren't working. YouTube isn't working on PS4 but it does on my phone. Facebook, Netflix and Crunchyroll seem to be fine.

Top Bottom