• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island The Movie Announced by Lionsgate and many other details

It's pretty stupid for them to license this, they can make the same movie without having to pay out to anyone. Really doubt the Dead Island name is going to be worth much to the movie going audience.

Course I look forward to good zombie films and will hope this turns out well either way. Zombies are such a simple thing yet so many movies fail at it.

This movie needed to have been made by Italians about 30 years ago. It would have been boss with the people in the industry then.

Edit: Hell the setting is a Bruno Mattei reference if my friend was right about the Papa New Guinea location.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I still think the trailer is pretty amazing. If they can capture that feeling (probably 28 Days and 28 Months come the closest in terms of already existing films), I'll be seeing it.

Calcaneus

Man, WHAT HAPPENED to Hollywood? They're just getting worse.

Doesn't it sound crazy to anyone else that they are making a movie based on the TRAILER? It seems like they wanted to make the movie since the trailer blew up and were just waiting for decent sales before announcing it?

B-Dex

Calcaneus said:
Man, WHAT HAPPENED to Hollywood? They're just getting worse.

Doesn't it sound crazy to anyone else that they are making a movie based on the TRAILER? It seems like they wanted to make the movie since the trailer blew up and were just waiting for decent sales before announcing it?

Most projects get greenlit based on short treatments and trailers. Heck entire TV Series get greenlit off of one pilot episode that gets shopped around to networks. Not surprising to me.

Top Bottom