• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3’s Delay Is For Further Improving Its Quality

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto

Never have those words meant so much to so many.

"Polishing"

v5gSNPS.gif

Theonik

So I might as well as ask here. I was thinking about pre-ordering the Asian version soon. This question is regarding DLC on the PS4. On the PS3 one was able to use a foreign account to download DLC for a game from the correct store and use it on his main account. Does this still apply on PS4? If say I wanted to get future DLC from the Asian store and play it on my EU account for trophies I should be fine right?

I toss her in the Snooze Krew with Ayane, Kasumi and the like. I didn't add them because they're the faces of DoA, so they have to be there.
Adding you to the list.

e: Thank you.

So I might as well as ask here. I was thinking about pre-ordering the Asian version soon. This question is regarding DLC on the PS4. On the PS3 one was able to use a foreign account to download DLC for a game from the correct store and use it on his main account. Does this still apply on PS4? If say I wanted to get future DLC from the Asian store and play it on my EU account for trophies I should be fine right?

Adding you to the list.
Yeah PS4 works the same as the PS3 in that regard

I bet someone at Tecmo was like "Crap, people are actually going to play this one- quick, make it like a real game."

(and I say this as someone that got a legit camp thrill out of the other DOAX games, but lbr they're kinda awful)

graywolf323

am I weird that I actually hope it turns out to be a really good volleyball game? I loved the first one because it was actually fun to play

the second one ended up being rather a disappointment :-/

Theonik

am I weird that I actually hope it turns out to be a really good volleyball game? I loved the first one because it was actually fun to play

the second one ended up being rather a disappointment :-/
Yes it's kind of a shame the sequel voleyball kinda sucked but some of the minigames like the jetski were OK. Also remember playing a lot of blackjack.

Tirod

Still wish they would detail their PSVR plans even though it is a ways off from being in the game.

Otherwise, take all the time you need.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
They best be polishing that VR mode if they know what's up. You owe it to the internet, Koei Tecmo!

Eolz

Still wish they would detail their PSVR plans even though it is a ways off from being in the game.

Otherwise, take all the time you need.

same here, I wanna know what they are doing in terms of VR

For those that missed the previous thread, about VR:

There is a long interview on famitsu, but not really much detail on the game (it seems funny interview though)
(...)
-In past DOA games you (the player) are the one who is controlling the character, but with the new Owner mode, the character is focusing her attention to you (the player). DOAX1 was out 13 years ago, and the idol culture have changed a lot over the years. Back then, people were satisfied with just looking at those idols. But now, the fan's relationship with the idol is much closer, and they want the idol's attention. So instead of just looking at girls, we wanted the players to interact with the girls this time.
-When we thought of the owner mode, we also decided to implement PSVR feature. We haven't actually made the PSVR feature yet, but we want to have the feature ready when PSVR hits the shelves.

There's also the "girl mode" but we don't know anything about it. Likely just playing as one of the girls, or the "put sunscreen on their back" stuff they teased one time.

I have to say I'm hoping (dreading) that they'll be doing cross-DLC with DOA5. Seeing the sailor suit in the preview pic seems to insinuate that unless they plan to have this stuff already in game. My wallet is already crying, as I have no DOA5 DLC yet.

I have to say I'm hoping (dreading) that they'll be doing cross-DLC with DOA5. Seeing the sailor suit in the preview pic seems to insinuate that unless they plan to have this stuff already in game. My wallet is already crying, as I have no DOA5 DLC yet.

Well If that's the case then i will feel sorry for the xbox owners who have dlc for doa5

Chastten

Banned
Crossbuy or not, we all know this game will have an ungodly amount of really expensive DLC costumes over the next 2+ years.

The only question is how many costumes already ARE in the game. The previous games had an average of 30 costumes per girl, wouldn't surprise me if they gimped that to maybe 10-15 costumes per girl or something. Gotta make money on your fanbase somehow.

Eolz

scoop on famitsu this week as expected

screenshot

CZEnn3xUgAEVn44.jpg:orig

famitsu preview
CZEpVSpUsAA2HpY.jpg:orig

Pomf.

The bed screens look really weird, like some sourcemaker stuff. Don't know if there's a lighting difference between the various 3D models but there's something.

Gun Animal

The only reason I was going to buy DOAX3 originally was to fill a hole (lol) in February. At it's new release date it's too close to Hitman, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3 etc... so I don't think I'll be getting it now, at least not until later. Maybe when PSVR comes out, assuming DOAX3 actually ends up supporting it.

Sakura

It's only a month delay (not even actually) I doubt there is anything significant being done. Hell, could just be because they want to try getting more pre-orders/marketing before it is out, niche titles do this often.

famitsu preview
CZEpVSpUsAA2HpY.jpg:orig

Dammit.
I never used to buy Famitsu until they started doing this.

Ultimadrago

I'll say it again: I fnd it hard to believe K-T would delay anything for quality purposes.

Pomf.

The bed screens look really weird, like some sourcemaker stuff. Don't know if there's a lighting difference between the various 3D models but there's something.

I agree about the bedroom environments. Big disconnect there.

Top Bottom