• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 full cast confirmed, supports Playstation VR

UrbanRats

i have a very important question :

Can you use Playstation VR with glasses ?

My purchase depends on this information

Yes.
I think all 3 major headsets accommodate for glasses (i assume as long as you don't particularly exotic frames).
The percentage of people with glasses is so massive, that it'd be absurd not to, frankly.
--
Speaking of the game why is it that they don't include all characters? Is it that hard to swap a model for another or what? I only played the first one of these, but i remember the stuff the characters did to be pretty basic, and all DoA characters look alike, more or less, it's not like Tekken where one character is a Kangaroo and another is a giant robot.

DieH@rd

Banned
i have a very important question :

Can you use Playstation VR with glasses ?

My purchase depends on this information

Yes you can, and headset has good ergonomic solution for making more space for glasses. Check out Tested videos of Project Morpheus, both Will and Norm wear glasses and both of them were very happy with it.

orioto

Good Art™
So that explains the graphics ??

Also i wonder if this will be first person then in VR. Will be interesting. It could also be really bad implemented, be cautious!

Maligna

Banned
Think we'll be able to play in first person VR AS one of the girls? :p You could gawk at them from a while new um... perspective.

First person volleyball would be legit fun though.

fedexpeon

Banned
Think we'll be able to play in first person VR AS one of the girls? :p You could gawk at then from a while new um... perspective.

I hope it is first person volleyball. My god, the calories you will burn jumping around for 1hr.
But I bet we will be a cameraman/service guy or something.
Taking pictures of the girls, giving them drinks and taking them to store to buy their new swimsuits.

Synth

I hope it is first person volleyball. My god, the calories you will burn jumping around for 1hr.
But I bet we will be a cameraman/service guy or something.
Taking pictures of the girls, giving them drinks and taking them to store to buy their new swimsuits.

You're probably not going to be jumping around with a VR headset preventing you seeing the world around you.

Pachimari

Crap that Lei Fang, Tina, Christie and Lisa aren't in.

At least I got Momiji.
I could easily replace Honoka, Ayane, Helena and maybe even Hitomi even though she were my main in DOAX1.

Guess I'm gonna main Momiji and Marie Rose.

Eolz

So is DOAX3 also the first official VR girl with a monster girl? (Nyotengu with wings and such)

Honoka being #2 is wierd to me, she doesn't look that interesting and her theme song is the only one I changed on the game because of how anoying it is but I guess it's better than predictable Kasumi. If the actual game is decent I'll go Marie Rose and Nyotengu (I'm so happy she made it to top 9, at the beginning I was worried she wouldn't make it).

Honoka being #2 is wierd to me, she doesn't look that interesting and her theme song is the only one I changed on the game because of how anoying it is but I guess it's better than predictable Kasumi. If the actual game is decent I'll go Marie Rose and Nyotengu (I'm so happy she made it to top 9, at the beginning I was worried she wouldn't make it).

Isn't Honoka the one they advertised as having the biggest chest yet when she was announced? I would've voted for that. If I voted for this kinda thing.

D1p

So that explains the graphics ??

Also i wonder if this will be first person then in VR. Will be interesting. It could also be really bad implemented, be cautious!

I assume it's just going to be some extra VR mode, not actually VR compatible for the whole game. that's my gut feeling anyway, or do we have confirmation that you can play volleyball in VR?

GorillaJu

She's a new character designed with more modern otaku in mind.

TheStig88

On one hand, hell yeah Helena, my girl! On the other, no Lei Fang, Tina, or Christie. It's bittersweet, but at least my fav made it in.

Westlo

If Nyotengu is the standard for ass in DOA then you all must have some lowwwwwww standards.

Most of the cast are pancakes that a fish-eye lens couldn't help out, she's the best of the bunch
manny.png

Fitts

The extra layer of creepiness that is VR brought me to click this thread.

And is the roster listed in order of popularity? If so, Marie Rose taking first (or voted in at all really) is pretty damning of the core fan base.

I haven't bought a DOA since 3 but the free to play model got me on board for a minute. Thought Mila was a breath of fresh air, but I guess the fans don't agree.

AdamT

There has to be DLC characters for this. I know I'm not alone in being upset that my favorite (Christie) isn't included in the roster. They'd be alienating a portion of the fan base who would potentially buy it otherwise.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
For those unaware DOA5+ for Vita had a touch battle mode with first person view, i guess the DOAX3 VR mode will be similar(and i also guess the vita version will have something similar too)
DOA5+_groupC_touch-battle_03_1_flick.jpg

Eolz

Isn't Honoka the one they advertised as having the biggest chest yet when she was announced? I would've voted for that. If I voted for this kinda thing.

D1p

Biggest bust and butt.

I assume it's just going to be some extra VR mode, not actually VR compatible for the whole game. that's my gut feeling anyway, or do we have confirmation that you can play volleyball in VR?

Yeah, as posted above, I'm sure it'll be an optional mode ala DOA5+'s touch mode (that will apparently return for some lewd things (put on sunscreen?) on Vita).
Those complaining about graphics should still remember it's a niche title and that the budget will go in the girls, not the environments.

If anything, Mila not making the initial roster confirms my tastes aren't very "Japanese"
looking at you Marie Rose
. So there's that.

Think we'll be able to play in first person VR AS one of the girls? :p You could gawk at them from a while new um... perspective.

But actually, a first person volley ball game would be really fun.

where is chris? no chris, no bai. gotta retreat with helena then. she barely appeared in the poll, eh?

japan has bad taste.

btw, this looks worse with all the model recycling. they'll drag it out for another few years.

Eolz

Christie wouldn't have made it in for any region. She along with Lisa, Mila, and Leifang are the characters that wouldn't have made the roster no matter where the polling was gathered.

Mila was actually top 9 in NA for a bit. Leifang was in top 9 everywhere too.

No Tina is a big loss. I would miss Lisa too, but I never expected her to make the cut in the first place.
I have no plans to buy a PS4, so I really hope to see this on PC at some point.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There's no way that's the full cast. No Lisa? No Christie? When they were in the previous two outings?

Also no men-side option. :|

Top Bottom