• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake |OT| Dead Face lift

.Pennywise

Banned
QGBHzeO.png

KAoVX3J.png

Ap7Biuz.png

8ezGACY.jpg

gVo6DaX.png

rlFD5l4.png

8mwjo9q.png

8VIkWKd.png

F3o0DQ9.png

YsKhIdI.png

26CUZsZ.png

ojgyNdr.jpg
BmCdP46.jpg
tYAryGr.jpg
kXbTwkA.jpg
BplqwOY.jpg
D5YiLAY.jpg
j4CP4hV.jpg
86DA3Ke.jpg
LpsgQd7.jpg
RjjOKub.jpg
ETsoLOi.jpg
KQj20C2.jpg

Y316u5b.png

hQmOWEc.png

KFb92jJ.png

YNYRbXK.jpg

4Os7baQ.png

dOEnI8E.jpg

AhPdY2U.png

32An5KC.jpg

kF53iGO.png

3fHyqhP.jpg

P970ZwN.png

IO37Wn8.jpg

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I like how these gifs showcase just how dated the visuals in the original version really are.

I mean, the original's graphics are still perfectly acceptable to enjoy the game in my opinion, but I guess I didn't appreciate how much work was actually put into the remake to make it look next gen. The original feels like I'm looking at a PS2 game now.

The digital unlock times for the game are so stupid. I have to wait the whole day to play.

Still very excited.
It will unlock just as I'll be getting off work so that's fine with me. At least I won't be tempted to slack off to start playing it early, lol.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
It will unlock just as I'll be getting off work so that's fine with me. At least I won't be tempted to slack off to start playing it early, lol.
For some time zones it will be the 28th of january.

January 27
  • 8 AM PT
  • 10 AM CST
  • 11 AM ET
  • 1 PM BST
  • 4 PM GMT
  • 5 PM CET
  • 6 PM CAT
  • 8 PM GST
January 28
  • 12 AM CST
  • 12 AM HKT
  • 1 AM JST
  • 3 AM AEDT

TrebleShot

Yeah the 4PM unlock in the UK is a bit odd, was really surprised its across all platforms as well.
I'll kick off the proceedings...

Any news on DS support on windows?

Roufianos

Got mine early in the post yesterday. Played about an hour.

Never loved the original but there's something about a linear corridor shooter that's so appealing these days. Game is absolutely gorgeous too.

Luipadre

Im hearing bad things about the image quality on ps5. Why is it always something thats fucked up with new releases... why

TrebleShot

Im hearing bad things about the image quality on ps5. Why is it always something thats fucked up with new releases... why
Ive heard the same, something to do with VRS to improve performance. Doesn't PS5 use Geometry Engine for these things or am I thinking of something else?
Seems like there is low in IQ out of focus areas.

Xbox of course has hardware based VRS and PC - hopefully can disable it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Interesting. Never played any of the originals other than the first for like an hour or so. Reviews like the ones this has are attractive, but I wanted to play CONTROL in the lull created by passing on FORSPOKEN and waiting until HOGWARTS. The story in this just seems kinda cheesy at least from that trailer. 🤔

TheShocker

Came in here looking for these answers. I might hold off on a purchase until any performance issues are sorted out. Or just go with the Xbox version if it’s got better IQ overall.

Dibils2k

any early word on SeriesX vs PS5? I have GP Ultimate on Xbox so get 10% off with EA Games but wanna make sure it doesnt have any issues, Callisto Protocol kinda made me more cautious jumping in without info

Got it early, played with it a bit, i think the developers forgot to implement enemy stagger into their game and even the normal enemies dont react to shots. They just walk towards you and it’s a bit of a meh, i looked at the original game footage to make sure i wasnt misremembering it but i wasnt.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dead Space Remake vs Original - Intro Comparison

Timestamps
Disclaimer 00:00
The Arrival - Original 00:06
The Arrival - Remake 04:22
Hangar Bay - Original 09:17
Hangar Bay - Remake 09:39
Flight Lounge - Original 10:40
Flight Lounge - Remake 12:26
First Escape - Original 13:47
First Escape - Remake 14:38
Plasma Cutter - Original 15:29
Plasma Cutter - Remake 15:40

Original captured on PC at 4K Utra.
Remake captured on PS5 in Performance Display Mode.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
not sure what's up with this new trend of global synced launch happening on PS, first Callisto and now this. Anyway, I'm stoked to jump right in for an all-nighter, 30 mins to go!

I expect Bartski Bartski with the platinum at around monday evening. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
...plasma cutter only NG+ on "Impossible"? Could try that :messenger_sunglasses:

I bought it on steam , i'm still unsure if i should ask for a refund and get it on ps5 , my pc is 5600x 3060....what would you guys do?

Top Bottom