• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Leader Trump has finally noticed Puerto Rico. As you would expect, he...

So wait, the food, water and medical are doing well? But PR is fucked. Medical....staff, supplies? Medical what is doing well?

He mentioned FEMA so I guess he knows PR is part of the US? Maybe?

He’s technically right. PR has massive bond debts, but Trump isn’t the most tactful guy. The US has a huge deficit as well it’s not mentioned here. Very weird guy this Trump.

Just bad timing.

Just tell it like it is. if this was his voting base, he would've tweeted some encouragement, something uplifting, something positive. But he didnt. Why? We all know why.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Just gonna leave this one right here...

z9tDyIK.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912487929783754755

Seriously, who the hell is surprised at this point this fecal matter actually puts blame on the island that has less white people compared to the other territories he has mentioned?

Fuck this guy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think we are all wondering the same thing: whether he is aware it's actually the US and not some foreign state he is sending aid to.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Trump in a nutshell. Can't say anything without a passive aggressive undertone. Fuck i hate that prick.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There hasn’t been a clear trump supporter here in months. I guess it’s because we’re an echo chamber right? Nothing to do with this clever emotionally intelligent brave intellectual leader. nah gaf is a bully and is somehow able to suppress all those greedy arguments in favor of how great trump is.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So "PR is shitty and they deserve it for owing WS money."

That's what I'm reading anyway.

FUCK HIM

Oh Puerto Rico, shame on you for tricking Wall Street and the banks into giving you money you wouldn't pay back because you can't help your latin predisposition to be lazy and dumb, and so you blew it all.

I don't even know what we can do at this point. There are millions of people who support this guy no matter what. They are convinced they have it figured out. Nativism and "common sense" dripping with fake nostalgia are the way of the world, and everyone who doesn't get that is totally mad.

Jesus fucking Christ. You would think after the banner weekend he had, he would slow down. But no. He insults Puerto Rico, and is trying to put the screws to a senator of his own party, who happens to have terminal cancer.

...the fuck you doing, Kelly? Is this supposed to be controlled?

Not

Banned
Trump in a nutshell. Can't say anything without a passive aggressive undertone. Fuck i hate that prick.

He's not even good at lying. He has to be passive aggressive no matter what.

He's not only the worst US President of all time, he might just be one of the worst historical world leaders of all time.

gdt

Has there been any real talk in Congress or anywhere about what’s next for Puerto Rico? This hurricane has debated the island and it will never be the same?

Will they vote for statehood now? How do PR’s debts affect that? Any talk in Congress about this? I know Repubs don’t want that at all...

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
He's not even good at lying. He has to be passive aggressive no matter what.

He's not only the worst US President of all time, he might just be one of the worst historical world leaders of all time.
For sure. Just a monstrous dickhead. Can't believe people look up to him! There will be celebrations when he finally drops off the perch.

You can guarantee there's an undercurrent of racism/'coloured people not looking after themselves' going on here. Very thinly veiled and from someone so out of touch. Rotten person.

He really represents the worst of humanity - greed, narcissism, laziness, callousness, comlpetely incurious and classless, you name it. I hate him.

sangreal

He's technically right. PR has massive bond debts, but Trump isn't the most tactful guy. The US has a huge deficit as well it's not mentioned here. Very weird guy this Trump.

Just bad timing.

They do, but what's that got to do with the price of tea in china? That's due to a tax loophole and a dumb law that prevents them from bankruptcy not the hurricane. Specifically, its because the GOP refuses to let them declare bankruptcy

To be fair, it does compound the hurricane problem which excuses the first tweet, but the 2nd about wall street banks?

DeadTrees

"Food, water and medical" are "doing well"? Well, yeah, they're inanimate objects, I guess they're doing fine compared to anyone who lives in PR.

Just a reminder: "Officials estimate it will take three weeks for hospitals to regain power, and about six months for the rest of the island to have electricity."

I have to believe Kelly is relegated to the corner right now and is only sticking around to tackle and subdue Trump when actually tries to use the nuclear football.

Amazing that he had to constantly remind people first that PR is in debt and owes money. Never mind that a lot of people, a lot of US CITIZENS, are dying and need help. Nope. Just a friendly reminder that PR needs to pay off their debt. We'll only help you cuz Wall Street needs their money guys.

FUCK YOU.

WillyFive

Has there been any real talk in Congress or anywhere about what's next for Puerto Rico? This hurricane has debated the island and it will never be the same?

Will they vote for statehood now? How do PR's debts affect that? Any talk in Congress about this? I know Repubs don't want that at all...

Republicans don't want two more blue seats, and Republican voters don't want to pay for the debts of a new state. Puerto Rico itself has voted multiple times for statehood, with statehood winning, and their current governor was elected as a pro-statehood guy. The mainland and the island are simply incompatible for now until an election shakes things up again.

Top Bottom