• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Nintendo. Why isn't Zelda a playable character in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Im still waiting for Captain falcon, the mii substitute doesnt count.

Zelda is something that I really never thought as a character that i will say when asked, who would you want next in mario kart.

NewGame

Banned
Rampant sexisim.

And Nintendo is a big dumb elephant of a company, you can't expect them to progress this quickly.

Rose gold Zelda incoming...

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Rampant sexisim.

And Nintendo is a big dumb elephant of a company, you can't expect them to progress this quickly.

Rose gold Zelda incoming...

Err isn't the female Splatoon character already in the game? Your argument doesn't make much sense.

Breath of the Wild Zelda is my favourite so far. DLC please!

Wouldn't it be inconsistent to use BOTW Zelda while Link is still based on his Skyward Sword incarnation? It's the reason why Link and Zelda haven't been updated from their Twilight Princess designs in Smash Bros., to be visually consistent with Ganondorf and Sheik.

Chuckie

Personally I'm very much a Mario Kart Purist and would happily remove any Non Mario characters from Mario Kart. However if games like Animal Crossing and Splatoon get both Male and Female representation in Mario Kart. Then it's strange that Zelda, the namesake of one of Nintendo's most popular and relevant IPs isn't in the game when her male counterpart is.

I agree. Remove all of them from my MK.

Though I also totally agree that IF you have to put in Link, you also have to put in Zelda.

I'll never pick them though.

jdstorm

Banned
To be fair, they really should have had different characters instead of the variable ones like Dry Bones. But please, for the love of God- don't make this into a Mario Kart is sexist because there's not enough female representation.

I'm definitely not saying MK8 is sexist. This just seems like an oversight about one specific character.

If it's an open letter and he actually links (tweets) some relevant people at Nintendo, surely this is as good a place as any?

I'm not really on twitter. I tend to put the Anti in social media. (Aside from GAF and one other smaller community) However if anyone wants to tweet at people from Nintendo or use a catchy like #MakeZeldaZoom or something similar but less agressive feel free

I think he best option is to call the next game Mario Kart & Nintendo All Stars or something, like Sonics racing series. That way the name recognition is still in place, but you can go nuts with characters, stages, Katy's, and items.

Top Bottom