• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Comic |OT| Apocalypse NOW - Time Enough At Last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait

TTOB left and nobody told me

nobody said "wow i should PM satch and tell her that TTOB is leaving so that she can tell him bye"

i mean i get the rest of you paying me dust but Supermanisdead has no excuse since i talk to him like every night

327.gif
sorry, that was so lotus of me

I've been re=reading all of Morrison's Batman, and it's all REALLY impressive when read together like this. I kinda see the whole thing in 3 acts, the first few Batman stories until the end of RIP, the Batman and Robin era, and then finally Batman Inc, which I think might just be his most consistently strong material(shitty internet 3.0 issue aside). This Levithan Strikes issue is doing the most, it starts off with Stephanie Brown becoming a member of a school that secretly trains sexy teenage ninja assassins, trainers include Lady Gaga and Rihanna look-a-likes(and I think the headmistress over there is Madonna)!

tumblr_m8izh909pE1ra3d28o1_500.png

and THEN the second half of the story Batman and co lose their damn mind fighting Nazi superspy Daedalus in his labyrinth, trying to stop the meta-bombs from destroying the world. It's confusing as fuck the first time you read it, but the second time around it's actually a very conventional superhero story told in and interesting way.

Owzers

Time to finish my dcbs order for Feb. shipping books, trade selection is looking like:

Mind MGMT vol 1 hc 9.99
Unwritten vol 7 tpb 7.49 - i'm only on volume 3....despite the good price it might be best to back off.

Skipping:

Marshal Law deluxe edition unless anyone says how amazing it is.
IVampire vol 2, vol 1 was good but i stopped caring and it's a little too vampiry serious.
Fear Agent vol 2 OHC since i haven't received vol 1 yet ( next dcbs shipment) and it's not half off

Just caught up on Scarlet Spider. Still loving it.

Also, Kaine does to Cassady what Batman should have done to Joker a long time ago. And he's RIGHT.

Skipping:

Fear Agent vol 2 OHC since i haven't received vol 1 yet ( next dcbs shipment) and it's not half off

If volume 2 sells as well as the first did, you'll be waiting for a second print in late 2013.

Just caught up on Scarlet Spider. Still loving it.

Also, Kaine does to Cassady what Batman should have done to Joker a long time ago. And he's RIGHT.

I was loving that book until they switched artists after fourth issue. The new stuff doesn't feel right to me.

Owzers

If volume 2 sells as well as the first did, you'll be waiting for a second print in late 2013.

I was loving that book until they switched artists after fourth issue. The new stuff doesn't feel right to me.

Did it sell out immediately after it released? I plan on seeing if Instocktrades.com has it half-off on release week. Same way i might be picking up the Judge Dredd Bolland OHC.

Acid08

Banned
For single issues, do you guys care what printing you get? I know it really doesn't matter but I just like having first printings.

Also a question about Fear Agent, any idea what happened with Cory Walker and that book? In the first issue Remender goes on and on about how great it's going to be having Moore and Walker trade arcs, there are even interviews with Walker about the book. But it looks like it ended up being Moore/Opena all the way through.

Owzers

If i'm going to keep a series in my small collection i'd prefer first prints just because they are....first.

I don't keep many books though, tend to sell them off as i read them and buy the OHC if it comes out. i have a few though, Fractions Immortal Iron Fist is probably my favorite in the collection, i think i didn't bother buying one of the one-shots though late in the game. I'm a bad collector.

Captain N

Did anybody catch the article Rich put up on BC before he pussied out and took it down?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/23/um/

Something about a cancer kid and Doc Ock? I wanna see the original article because I'm impossible to offend.

Ed: haha, never mind I found it! Exceeds expectations!

http://www.die-screaming.com/did-bl...385&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah, they posted it and someone pointed it out to Dan Slott who asked him to remove it. Rich said no and so Dan Slott asked all of his followers to block @bleedingcool. Rich took a poll to ask his followers if he should remove the story. Something like 17 YES/11 NO. I didn't have an issue with it, but it did seem like he posted it for hits. That letter was from something like 10 months ago.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
When will Dan Slott realize that he has pissed off the internet enough without attacking our freedom of speech too?

Captain N

When will Dan Slott realize that he has pissed off the internet enough without attacking our freedom of speech too?

He said after 700 he will have to go into hiding and the Internet will hate him. Well now it's happening and it's all pissy about it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Personally, staying the hell off twitter would do wonders. There's only so many times an idiot can poke a bear before it mauls him.

akira28

The death threats weren't enough to voice our displeasure. Do we have a horse head? I'm hoping no one does anything hasty. It would be a shame to find him stuffed in a fridge.

what's the marvel version of stuffed in a fridge? stuffed in a clam?

I've been re=reading all of Morrison's Batman, and it's all REALLY impressive when read together like this. I kinda see the whole thing in 3 acts, the first few Batman stories until the end of RIP, the Batman and Robin era, and then finally Batman Inc, which I think might just be his most consistently strong material(shitty internet 3.0 issue aside). This Levithan Strikes issue is doing the most, it starts off with Stephanie Brown becoming a member of a school that secretly trains sexy teenage ninja assassins, trainers include Lady Gaga and Rihanna look-a-likes(and I think the headmistress over there is Madonna)!

tumblr_m8izh909pE1ra3d28o1_500.png

and THEN the second half of the story Batman and co lose their damn mind fighting Nazi superspy Daedalus in his labyrinth, trying to stop the meta-bombs from destroying the world. It's confusing as fuck the first time you read it, but the second time around it's actually a very conventional superhero story told in and interesting way.

The Stephanie Brown story was easily my favorite part of Batman Inc. The second story though I had to reread multiple times to figure out what was going on.

You definitely get more out of Morrison books by rereading them.

quickwhips

Ultimate spiderman's ending was way better than amazing spiderman. It sucks because I wanted to see peter just lose his powers and get MJ. I would have been ok with that.
I don't like seeing doc ock who I never liked, getting to being spiderman like he deserves a chance at redemption.

Does anyone have any thoughts how how superior spiderman will end yet?

Acid08

Banned
I think people are going overboard with how bad Amazing Spider-Man 700 ends.
I don't know man, it sucks pretty hard.

I just don't know how long they can keep the series running. Can't see it selling very well after a couple months and it's not like anyone just getting into comics is going to pick it up. It would be funny if this whole thing is a red herring and after a couple issues Pete somehow defeats Doc and truly becomes the Superior Spider-Man.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
If sales take a nose dive, they'll just end it quick and put things back to normal. But I don't see that happening.

Regardless, the backlash is stupid- the real Spider-Man will be back at some point or another.

Does anyone have any thoughts how how superior spiderman will end yet?

Several different things come to mind:

-Maybe it will go back to One More Day and
have Mephisto come for Peter's soul...only to find that his body is now inhabited by Dock Ock. Some mystical crap happens and Doc Ock sacrifices his soul which restores Peter's to his body or something.

-Similar to the above, only
EVERYTHING that happened after that event gets reset- Peter is back in his body and is married to Mary Jane again. Peter then helps Doc Ock to overcome his sickness as a reward for the good he did as Spider-Man.

-More clone crap- the Jackal brings back
Peter Parker or in an eye-rolling reveal, we find out that the real Peter Parker has been out of commission for a while and it was actually a clone that's been running around since Spider-Island.

I could also see something happening where Peter gets himself a new body (clone, magic, whatever) and something happens to his original body that loses its Spider-Man abilities and turns Doc Ock back into a younger version of himself.

CinosAges

I don't know man, it sucks pretty hard.

I just don't know how long they can keep the series running. Can't see it selling very well after a couple months and it's not like anyone just getting into comics is going to pick it up. It would be funny if this whole thing is a red herring and after a couple issues Pete somehow defeats Doc and truly becomes the Superior Spider-Man.

Nah, man. What if:

The mind switch back did work, and Peter just thinks he is Doc Ock inside Peter's body! And then he gets all emotional and wears black again for a while after finding out! It's so deep and character driven!

At this point it's a man child social experiment and the conclusion is that the vast majority should be sterilized.

The fanatics have shown themselves and they are getting the story they deserve.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I still like Slott and have liked all his Spidey stuff and will probably like Superior too but he needs to be taken to task for being such a fucking instigator. Funnybook fanatics are fucking fickle (ffffffffff) and Spidey in particular has had to deal with a lot of notorious bullshit in his recent history. Egging on the fanbase and then doing your best Urkel "Did I do that???" impression when everybody jumps down your throat is just fucking trolly nonsense.

I couldn't believe ASM 700. But it's from the same writer as Spider Island, End of the World, etc.

It just seems like a shock change similar to Superman and Batman in the early 90s.

Some of the recent Marvel decisions are puzzling like AVX, this, etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How much longer do ya'll think Slott will be writing Spidey books? If Superior doesn't pan out I think he's gone.

I don't think it's even supposed to be long running. This whole thing feels more like a story arc than anything else. It'll end with something along the lines of:
It's not Uncle Ben's death and all the guilt that makes Spider-man who he is, Peter is just a hero and he'd have gotten there eventually even if Ben hadn't died
. Or whatever. 6 months to a year tops.

LiQuid!'s right, Slott trolled too damn hard and everyone's up in a tizzy over a story arc that's not even as bad as Sins Past.

Time to finish my dcbs order for Feb. shipping books, trade selection is looking like:

Mind MGMT vol 1 hc 9.99
Unwritten vol 7 tpb 7.49 - i'm only on volume 3....despite the good price it might be best to back off.

Skipping:

Marshal Law deluxe edition unless anyone says how amazing it is.
IVampire vol 2, vol 1 was good but i stopped caring and it's a little too vampiry serious.

Is this FINALLY ACTUALLY coming out??

Holy shit it's a christmas miracle. Will they let me order 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom