• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Silver (Saints Row/Metro/Dead Island): No Wii U games from us

Darryl

Banned
Every time a Wii U loses an exclusive 'I didn't buy my Wii U to play that anyways'
'I didn't buy my Wii U to play that anyways'

just about everything these guys make has been pretty much confirmed by now to not be coming to Wii U.

The problem isn't that the Wii U isn't selling, the problem is that it's tremendously likely that someone that owns a Wii U also will own a PS4 or Nextbox (just like those that owned a GameCube were tremendously likely to own either a PS2 or Xbox).

Why develop on a console that so few people have exclusively?

Dead Island, Saint's Row, Risen. They're releasing Metro: Last Light.

They don't make anything that would really appeal to Nintendo fans and certainly not kids, those two groups being Wii U's main demos.

It's refreshingly honest.

Thank you for speaking for us.

therapist

A shame.

Dead Island was actually really fun.

Quite looking forward to Riptide , ofc i would of bought it on pc anyways.

Things are really not looking good for nintendo...they need games asap.

Mine has been collecting dust for the last ~2-3 months honestly.

ZombiU was great , and mario.....cod is good but not exclusive.

Thats about it sadly.

MrBS

Don't worry guys SEGA have got us covered with that 'exciting news' regarding Wii U soon.

Save us Platinum :(

ak1976

Neo Member
Every time a Wii U loses an exclusive 'I didn't buy my Wii U to play that anyways'

My sentiments exactly!

Sadist

Didn't we have this thread a month ago already?

Nothing of value was lost though. Own Dead Island on PC (vanilla version) and man that game is... mediocre. Bad even. Sucks for those dudes wanting their games on Wii U.

Mad Props for Deep Silver to cut the PR Bullshit and just use straight talk unlike those weasels at EA, Ubi and Activision.

It's clear that none of them wants to be on WiiU, but none of them has the balls to say it.

I guess Deep Silver is small enough to being able to.

Kusagari

And of course the thread is full of people saying no big loss.

Wii U really could have benefited from getting Saints Row since I doubt Rockstar puts GTA on it anytime soon.

The problem isn't that the Wii U isn't selling, the problem is that it's tremendously likely that someone that owns a Wii U also will own a PS4 or Nextbox (just like those that owned a GameCube were tremendously likely to own either a PS2 or Xbox).

Why develop on a console that so few people have exclusively?

Why use facts when you can use baseless...those weren't even anecdotes. They were literally just statistics you claimed were the case

NotLiquid

I would say "no big loss" because Deep Silver doesn't have a single IP other than Saints Row that interests me. But there is no escaping the issue that this is the underlying mentality within every developer pulling out excuses not to work on the Wii U and that little will ever be done to change that.

No big loss really.

At what point does it become a big loss? Are people honestly cool with a worthwhile Nintendo exclusive game every 6-12 months then nothing worth playing on the system in between? I just don't get this mentality.

Personally if I'm invested in a console monetarily then I want it to do well. It's like some don't care. Weird...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Confused.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/09...lop-for-wii-u/

Unless they mean "No Wii U games from us right now"
So they saw the guy was from GameInformer and fearing for his life he assured him that no games were being made for the Wii U. On the other hand he saw this guy was a Nintendo fan, what with his email address being SuperMarioIsMaiBishi@hotmail.com, and thought he better give a pro Nintendo answer.

In conclusion he's just saying what the inquirer wants to hear.

Squire

Banned
Thank you for speaking for us.

Funny, isn't it? I'm a 28 year old man who has been playing games since the Spectrum days. but apparently I'm either casual or a kid because I happen to enjoy Nintendo games.

I'm speaking from a general standpoint not talking universal law. If you don't apply, carry on.

If you'd actually like to argue that kids and casuals aren't Nintendo's biggest demos at this point, then by all means.

Sadist

Taker666

No, that was just Deep Silver saying they probably won't bring Dead Island: Riptide to Wii U.
Yeah. They claimed the engine wasn't adapted for the Wii U...

...then a day later the dev said it was perfectly able to run it...

..then Deep Silver changed theIr reason (not financially worthwhile was the basic line....after their first reason was revealed as a lie).

18-Volt

The thing worries me the most people are not abadoning Nintendo because of the underpowred hardware, but because of their style, methods and "audience". "We're not making games for Nintendo, because only kids and girls buys their system and nobody makes games for kids." Somebody should tell those guys kids today are over gaming on consoles and moved over tablets.

VariantX

It's honestly closer to the truth of the matter. At least the ones I know personally are waiting to see what their mainstay franchises are going to look like on Wii U before making a purchase decision. Had there been something like a twilight princess, metroid prime, galaxy on day one, I'd have one myself. We're all in for PS4 right now though lol

I'm speaking from a general standpoint not talking universal law. If you don't apply, carry on.

If you'd actually like to argue that kids and casuals aren't Nintendo's biggest demos at this point, then by all means.

Well its a young console and if it had a unified base Id say they are more of the enthusiast early adopter crowd but Im sure there are a lot of kids there too.

And I never bought into that whole casual/hardcore marketing buzz talk.

AkuMifune

Banned
This seems to be the knee jerk reaction from every Nintendo fan every time something like this comes out. They need to have developers outside of Nintendo making games for the system.

No one makes games for it because no one has one, and no one wants one because there are no games for it.

Without strong 3rd party support you can kiss your platform goodbye.

I said goodbye!

ShdwDrake

Banned
The thing worries me the most people are not abadoning Nintendo because of the underpowred hardware, but because of their style, methods and "audience". "We're not making games for Nintendo, because only kids and girls buys their system and nobody makes games for kids." Somebody should tell those guys kids today are over gaming on consoles and moved over tablets.

This is true but when u see CoD fail to sell on the console what are you supposed to think?

Raist

Banned

I think it's more like "We're not gonna make games, because they would sell like shit".

HoosTrax

You know, whenever someone makes a comment like "who's that" or "never heard of them", it comes across as them trying to put down a developer / publisher as a nobody and irrelevant, even if they've sold millions of copies of games. It's just as easy to Google what a company does and has put out, instead of painting yourself as not being very knowledgeable, or making a point in a roundabout fashion.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't get why kids are an argument against getting games. I mean we used to be able to play anything under the sun as kids so why should the kids of today be deprived.

Also it's a shrewd strategy to get consumers hooked to your series while their young. Life long loyals.

Gannd

Banned
Didn't we have this thread a month ago already?

Nothing of value was lost though. Own Dead Island on PC (vanilla version) and man that game is... mediocre. Bad even. Sucks for those dudes wanting their games on Wii U.

Nintendo has one last Christmas season to get things back on track or the Wii U is done. We're going to get a lot of threads about this because a lot of people had to eat crow back with the Wii and they are wanting their revenge.

Taker666

People like to pigeonhole Nintendo. It has been a strategy used against them by rivals for generations (and by those who simply want to dismiss them).

The cry was "Nintendo is kiddy"...then when Nintendo attracted all age groups the cry had to be changed to "Nintendo are casual"...

....which was rather weird as the previous gen Madden,Fifa,COD and GTA were being called casual...while weird Japanese cooking games, scuba diving games and music games were the eiptomy of uber niche hardcore gaming.

So want was core became casual and what was casual became core. Odd transition.

Top Bottom