• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Delicious region-locked snacks that you can't get where you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Grapefruit Hi-Chew. That flavor is incredible, but it's not available in the United States. The only time I've had it was when I bought it from an import shop on a whim, but it's always sold out now.

Ulthwe

Lucky Charms.

Shit costs a fortune over here.
Quoted for truth! I have only eat them once in NYC, and still miss them to this day.

Add Chex to the list, as I remember loving those too when I was a kid but they suddenly stopped selling them here.

TPmRg6D.jpg

It's a black spot on our otherwise perfect offer of sweets here in Germany.

To make things worse, most bakeries here sell basic doughnuts but virtually all of them are done wrong and basically taste like a Berliner.

By now, there are at least a few Dunkin Donuts stores scattered across Germany, but for some reason even those sometimes don't taste quite right (and are way inferior to KK anyway).

I'm willing to import if someone knows a relatively cheap way (would prefer a website).

This thread makes me more interested in starting a small business to buy and ship this stuff out to fellow GAFers...being in San Francisco, most of the Asian-focused food is readily available.

Pinkuss

This god-tierness right here. It's a snack in the Philippines. I haven't found a store in the UK that carries it, although I'm sure it's here somewhere...

bb.jpg

boy.bawang.garlic.flavor1909-500x500.jpg

May10Verseo-308-500x500.jpg

IKJXH4X.jpg

Chips/crisps/whatever the fuck you call them, pale in comparison. There is no highly-processed salty snack on Erf that delivers the savouryness of Boy Bawang.

It's like eating a bag of toasted crunchy garlic cloves. 8 years of withdrawal... fuck I'm getting the garlic shakes again.
They sell those in at least one of the Chinese Supermarkets in Hull and I believe in both the Indian and Continental stores I go to.

OmegaX

306-1-14.jpg

The original Kola Inglesa was a peruvian carbonated beverage that was bought by the Coca Cola Company and rebranded as Fanta Kola Inglesa.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I'm so happy Vanilla Coke made it back to the UK.

Although I still struggle not having regular access to Bavarian cream donuts.

(Also, in Jamacia Plains in Boston there's a restaurant called The Real Deal. Best place I've ever eaten, kills me I only get to eat there like twice every three years)

Bravocado

It's not a snack, but I loved Pepsi Blue back in the day. When I went to Bali about 9 years ago now, following my Year 12 exams, I considered buying a bunch of bottles to bring with me back to Australia.

Oh man, I looooved Pepsi Blue. I always used to go to the local corner store with friends to grab some alongside those weird Doritos that turned your tongue blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom