• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls heads to Europe courtesy of Namco-Bandai

Benedict

AndyMoogle said:
Is there such a thing as a PS3 game that has trophies and isn't locked?

Most of them?

I can only recall a handful of games that have locked save-files, Rock Band 1 & 2, Demons souls etc..

And with locked I mean that you can't save the file to a USB-stick as a backup.
Locked to the system.
So if your PS3 breaks, goodbye game. start over. rinse and repeat.

Gorgon

Danielsan said:
Good on Namco Bandai, but I feel that this a little too late.
Most people who wanted this game either already imported the Asian or US version.
Although tempting I simply can't justify double dipping (I have the Asian version).

Yep, that's pretty much my case too. I'm in EU but I already have the US Limited Edition. I'm tempted buuuut I can't really justify buying the same thing again.

Mafro

I already imported the US version, but I'll probably double dip. It'll be nice starting fresh with a bunch of new folk on the EU servers.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will most likely quad-dip.

Gorgon

Totobeni said:
I highly doubt it.

- no word from SCE Japan Studio on the original ( not even anything on the first game after the release )
- FROM working on the new Armored Core.
- FROM Working on ACE R.
- after this news ( namco publishing the game in Europe ) it's clear that SCEE/SCEA still don't believe in the game ( so I guess SCEWWS / Shu Yoshda don't want it ) .
- iirc in MC , game still near 200K range in Japan ( not popular )

I hope I am wrong.

That's really not true. I posted this in another thread (in response to you, actually :lol):

In an interview, the Sony producer of DS said that the continuation of the DS's IP was dependent of its sales in the US, not Japan. At that the time the game had already been released in Japan a long time ago and it was coming to the US. So the decision of not making a DS2 (if real) has nothing to do with Japanese sales. The game sold, and keeps selling, more than initially expected. The only reason why they would not make DS2 would be if Sony was diverting resources to something they consider more important and not because of DS sales beying bad in Japan (or the US for that matter). Fuck, they even said they should have released the game themselves in the US and letting Atlus US release it was a mistake.

Top Bottom