• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls heads to Europe courtesy of Namco-Bandai

Canova

Banned
Lince said:
51nQIhP-RWL.jpg

pre-ordered this baby, brilliant game for these summer mornings before the pool sun-bathing and drinking sessions, I wanted to clear my PSP / DS backlog but seems like July is already booked :p

jeebus that's hot!

Ikkarus

The only negative thing (and it's only nit-picking at best) I have with regards to the box itself is the bland text on the spine.
Almost all PS3 games have that text too on the EU cases.

Still I'm really glad a publisher went with it and decided to bring it over here.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow at that cover... but we who bought the ASIA and US version? Something new in EU version?

Dyno

vodka-bull said:
Do we know anything about subtitles yet?

English language should be in there for sure! The voice acting in the NA version is bloody excellent. They're mostly british people and everyone one of them is very distinct.

Don't see why they wouldn't use the good work done already.

Eliciel

damn that's very very late o_O... I mean everyone who's got interested in this game has finished it like around 10 times by now..? They should offer some DLC for the Broken Arc Stone.

Hopefully Demon's Souls 2 is in production right now

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Goddamn I don't import but that Black Phantom edish is mighty tempting, why couldn't they have released that over here. I know the cover is just a photoshop job but it's still sexxy. Also, I want the art and soundtrack, like now.
I guess I'll just stare at it like cupcake dog and wish it was mine.

Styles

No metal case? Normal edition for me then.

Though I might consider buying the collector's edition strategy guide book separately if we're allowed.

Vect said:
No metal case? Normal edition for me then.

Though I might consider buying the collector's edition strategy guide book separately if we're allowed.

There is no "normal edition" they are giving you a Special Edition for the price of a normal game.

right ?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, that Black Phantom edition is hot. Yeah it's just a photoshop job but I still want it.
I should have just payed an extra 10 usd for the limited edition, I want that soundtrack and art book so bad.

jyx

No 2 on the bestseller for ps3 at amazon uk at the moment... I wonder how many have preordered this. I guess the only difference in this release is the new strategyguide made by those wikiguys.

Yazus

Is there any chance this game gets ported to the 360? I really want it but I won't spend 300€ for just a game :D

Danielsan

Good on Namco Bandai, but I feel that this a little too late.
Most people who wanted this game either already imported the Asian or US version.
Although tempting I simply can't justify double dipping (I have the Asian version).

Yazus said:
Is there any chance this game gets ported to the 360? I really want it but I won't spend 300€ for just a game :D
The IP is owned by Sony so: zero chance.
Also there are a ton more games to enjoy on the PS3 than just this one.

Benson

Does anyone know if this is going to be a limited run? I'm quite happy with my asian version and completed it twice, so don't really want a new copy but it might be nice to have around if the price drops in the future.

stalker

I just preordered from Amazon UK. Other sites are cheaper but I do not want to go again through the nightmare that was getting the US Deluxe Edition.

I never double-dip or even consider buying games on day one, but Demon's Souls is a special case. I am happy we are getting the game officially released in Europe, and with a nice edition at a nice price. Never thought this would happen.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
stalker said:
I just preordered from Amazon UK. Other sites are cheaper but I do not want to go again through the nightmare that was getting the US Deluxe Edition.

I never double-dip or even consider buying games on day one, but Demon's Souls is a special case. I am happy we are getting the game officially released in Europe, and with a nice edition at a nice price. Never thought this would happen.

same here , I am going to support it again ( but will not open it ) , and it's just it's just £38 at Amazon uk so it's fine.

also one idiot third party seller sells the regular US version in Amazon.uk for £40.49 + £3.80 shipping :lol

voady said:
Hopefully Demon's Souls 2 is in production right now

I highly doubt it.

- no word from SCE Japan Studio on the original ( not even anything on the first game after the release )
- FROM working on the new Armored Core.
- FROM Working on ACE R.
- after this news ( namco publishing the game in Europe ) it's clear that SCEE/SCEA still don't believe in the game ( so I guess SCEWWS / Shu Yoshda don't want it ) .
- iirc in MC , game still near 200K range in Japan ( not popular )

I hope I am wrong.

Peff

Looks like the Black Phantom Edition will only be the first batch of copies. When these are sold out, the rest will only have the game itself.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Peff said:
Looks like the Black Phantom Edition will only be the first batch of copies. When these are sold out, the rest will only have the game itself.

Glad I jumped in early. I will play it then sell it on at a high price...

I will not sell it at any price!

elohel

so is there a huge HUGE amount of people waiting in EU for this game?

did a lot of people hold out on importing?

Just preordered the black phantom edition of this bad boy! Juding from the GAF hype, this game should be amazing. Can't wait to play it.

Top Bottom