• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax hits US Oct. 6, pre-order OST

rpmurphy

Already pre-ordered, double dipping since I don't have that CD and also to support the localization.

Tomoka-chan is too fun in this game.

I'm really tempted to get this just because of Selvaria and Akira. I do try to buy almost every fighter I can anyway to at least try them though, so I'm sure the temptation will eventually turn into a purchase.

Kudo

*Edited for readability*
JfQWaLI.jpg

Heavy Object characters came in the new version so I don't think they're in this release yet?

Anyway, buy this game if you're fan of some of the series or enjoy good fighting game. Combos are easy to input and game is really easy to learn in the beginning so even new player like me had tons of fun with this.
Definitely something I want more of.

shaowebb

Heavy Object characters came in the new version so I don't think they're in this release yet?

Anyway, buy this game if you're fan of some of the series or enjoy good fighting game. Combos are easy to input and game is really easy to learn in the beginning so even new player like me had tons of fun with this.
Definitely something I want more of.

Yeah this game has some really nice stuff for newcomers. A big thing for folks is that so often when they are new to fighters they try forever to get a hit then finally do and go "aaaaaah...I didn't do anything after it though and that was my only chance!". Newcomers don't know combos or really what to throw out to hit confirm into anything else so they put in a mashable 5 hit light attack so if you were new you had your first combo via mashing and your first hit confirm. Its not enough to win with on its own but it gives every level of player a moment where they did something cool and "got em!" so it makes it very good for all levels of play.

Realistically speaking- what are the odds of this coming to the PS4? I've retired my PS3 and I don't know how viable a fighting game is on the Vita.

Hubb

Realistically speaking- what are the odds of this coming to the PS4? I've retired my PS3 and I don't know how viable a fighting game is on the Vita.

This version? I'd wager a lot of money on no chance. They have an updated arcade release that will most likely go to the PS4 if it goes to consoles at all.

This version? I'd wager a lot of money on no chance. They have an updated arcade release that will most likely go to the PS4 if it goes to consoles at all.

I figured something like that...

Can't wait to punch people out with Touman and his imagine breaker

Edit: wow just roster posted above. Touma, Tatsuya, and Silver Crow are all assist characters? WTF

You could technically still do that- Touma's assist move lets him use Imagine Breaker to counter the opponent's melee attacks and knock them back.

Shenmue

Banned
I'm so excited for this, Nitroplus Blasterz, and Shining Blade Arcus. So many anime fighters for IP that I like!

Karst pls. UNIEL's character design is hella stylish. I'd take it over Blazblue's trope festival any day of the week.
I would say half the characters are cool. What I don't like is everyone having this same skinny kid body type. Everyone looks like a bare minimum anime character design. You don't see a lot of detail in the bodies.

Merkava is BA enough for me to play the game with someone if they want, though. I really adore his design and moveset aside from the floppy arm moves (wtf?).

Sorry...I just get these kind of complaints lumped in with a lot of other stuff these days that make no sense to me. I will admit...the butterfly wing girl has some stiff jumps. Longer animations shouldn't be low on frames like that. A lot of this stuff still looks fine to me though.
It's cool, but know me! I am not somebody else.

I am extremely picky about some aesthetics, and they bother me enough that I can't play the game seriously. Like Tekken's dash cancel seizures.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I'm guessing it's gonna be all Japanese. I would imagine it would be bothersome to get the people to voice their characters, especially for the story mode (assuming that's voiced as well). Plus they'd have to deal with some characters who don't have a dubbed anime.

Not to mention a decent amount of people who would be interested in this game &/or its characters probably prefer the JPN voices.......plus, ya know, this isn't really new. Namco never dubbed the One Piece games or J-Stars.

Prelude.

It was expected that this wasn't going to have an english dub at all hence no "dual audio".
Yeah but that wasn't what I was implying, that's what I'm trying to say. It's related to the fact that it was listed as english only in the pdf.

Nyoro SF

Well, I hope so.

Also, this is curious. You found this on Atlus's page?

So I guess things are a bit out of order at Sega to the point where they're having Atlus translate and publish the game. Sega bringing Atlus USA into their publishing fold perhaps?

Shizuka

There is japanese audio and english subtitles, from what I gather. Your usual localization standard for something potentially expensive to license.

That page means just what it says. Atlus is only handling the sales and distribution for these games.

And it makes perfect sense. If Sega of America is releasing something like two physical games this year, they don't need to have their own retail sales staff anymore.

matmanx1

Want. I've had my eye on this one since it came out in Japan. Vita version is pre-ordered. I like the Vita's dpad a lot and I love my fighting games on the go.

Prelude.

Controls-wise, what is it similar to? I kinda want to buy the Vita version but I also don't want to destroy its buttons.

dougsomegraves

Neo Member
I pre-ordered this on Bestbuy.com a while back, but it looks like there was an issue with the game and it was delayed. Gamestop doesn't seem to have any physical stock either. Hopefully there are no problems with the NA physical release.

IronLich

I have my cool JPN import. Is it confirmed as to whether or not you can use the copy to play against people with US copies? I'm not certain if there were region exceptions in online fighting game matchmaking, aside from MKX.

Hubb

I have my cool JPN import. Is it confirmed as to whether or not you can use the copy to play against people with US copies? I'm not certain if there were region exceptions in online fighting game matchmaking, aside from MKX.

It is cross region, but I believe not cross platform.

My Best Buy preorder is arriving today, so I'm not sure what the issue could be.

My Best Buy preorder got delayed also. The new expected ship date is Nov.4 now.....

When did you preorder and what version? I preordered on Aug. 12 the PS3 version. I see that the Vita version is in stock right now. I would get it instead, but Vita TV can't support arcade sticks.

Kino not being a playable character sucks. Not even in the sequel apparently? :(

Truth be told theyve been making some questionable character choices, I mean I understand some of them but the others are....ehhhhh...

Lol are they even taking fan feedback ^^;

Nyoro SF

Kino not being a playable character sucks. Not even in the sequel apparently? :(

Well Kino isn't really an action or a comedy character, so it's hard to think of Kino doing things other than shooting her gun with deadly precision, which is what she does as an assist.

The Kino assist is really awesome in this game by the way; it's basically the "hold that" button. It is the best anti-Accelerator and anti-Dokuro assist in the game while being a very strong anti-air option as well, so it's very much worth considering using Kino.

Truth be told theyve been making some questionable character choices, I mean I understand some of them but the others are....ehhhhh...

Lol are they even taking fan feedback ^^;

How good is your Japanese ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MJPIA

My preorder vita version from Amazon showed up this morning.
Isn't that bad but the bottom left corner on the front and the lower left edge on the rear are dented.

Probably due to it being a thin cardboard box shipped in a padded envelope.

Nyoro SF

My preorder vita version from Amazon showed up this morning.
Isn't that bad but the bottom left corner on the front and the lower left edge on the rear are dented.

Probably due to it being a thin cardboard box shipped in a padded envelope.

What? Please don't tell me they put a cardboard sleeve around this case. If I had known that I would've preordered from somewhere other than Amazon.

Fun game, while a bit too simplistic. Here is the closing paragraph of my review of the game.
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax comes close to being a fantastic crossover fighter, but ultimately it'll have to settle with just being good. Though DB:FC is enjoyable, especially to start with, simplistic fighting gameplay and a relatively small number of playable characters lets the experience down. Light novel fans will nonetheless be very pleased to see that a great deal of care has gone into successfully portraying the characters and their personalities. DB:FC may not objectively be the best fighting game of 2015 but it will be a highly enjoyable experience for its target audience.

MJPIA

What? Please don't tell me they put a cardboard sleeve around this case. If I had known that I would've preordered from somewhere other than Amazon.

Looking at it I'm not sure whether the sleeve/case is cardboard or paper but the end result is the same.

ywJBUf2m.jpg

Q4lTseHm.jpg

At first I wasn't too annoyed until I started taking pictures of it and when turning it over noticed the edges.
Mine was smooshed.
1oSEHMom.jpg

E6h1vNbm.jpg

I don't like smooshed items.
Leaving it unopened since I'm at work and I haven't decided what to do.

Cans of paint shipped in large boxes with no packaging arriving crunched, another can of paint also packaged poorly that shut down a FedEx conveyor belt when it spilled everywhere, improper labeling of batteries sent 2nd day air and now a compressed game.
Amazons shipping department is really starting to annoy me.
Sorry if the images are small and hard to see, doing this from my phone.
The damage to the box is somewhat hard to see in picture and looks worse in person.
The outer box is billed as being a collectible and seeing all four edges and various bits of said box crushed is really making me regret purchasing from amazon.

Nyoro SF

Looking at it I'm not sure whether the sleeve/case is cardboard or paper but the end result is the same.

ywJBUf2m.jpg

Q4lTseHm.jpg

At first I wasn't too annoyed until I started taking pictures of it and when turning it over noticed the edges.
Mine was smooshed.
1oSEHMom.jpg

E6h1vNbm.jpg

I don't like smooshed items.

Fuck. I swore I would never order cardboard games from Amazon ever again after the Project Mirai DX debacle. I guess I just have to pray that it comes in OK.

If it's bent though I'll return it and make a buy-in order somewhere else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Picked up my PS3 version, game was sealed with the OST (of SIX TRACKS) with a little paper covering it with a copy of the back of the box, then the game itself was sealed, so it was double sealed.

Top Bottom