• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (ps4) english translation?

gunstarhero

Just got this game today for the PS4 - and really liking it so far.

Anyone know if a good translation guide exists? Would love to not only navigate the options menus and whatnot, but also learn a bit more about the mechanics (like what the 2 support characters do, etc)

I don't think the game has an in-game english optionvbased on what I've seen.

EDIT: Should have pointed out it's Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax IGNITION in the thread title. -_-

Jawmuncher

I swear this came out in english last year.

There's a newer one only in Japan atm
71szcBRN94L._SX522_.jpg

shaowebb

There's a newer one only in Japan atm

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax IGNITION. It adds some folks and assists and a new Blaster option that changes bonuses between rounds.

I got it, play it, and love it. Pretty much the rhythm is get yourself setup close to burst so that you can generate meter and gain some buffs, activate trump card to gain a shitload of new combo potential via new cancels and move properties and then before the trump card wears off activate the burst while in neutral to replenish the trump gauge, double down on the buffs and enjoy extended Trump card time.

As for the story though I got both Climax and Ignition in japanese. I have NO clue what the fuck is goin on. Especially in Climax where it looks like a leftover Dreamcast themed girl from Hyperdimension Neptunia is guiding me through some weird crossover fight scenario where the bad guy is all"Mwahahaha you are the fuckedid. You ams fight Akira from Virtua Fights nows".

I make a side game out of poorly dubbing the pre and post match dialogue.

Jawmuncher

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax IGNITION. It adds some folks and assists and a new Blaster option that changes bonuses between rounds.

I got it, play it, and love it. Pretty much the rhythm is get yourself setup close to burst so that you can generate meter and gain some buffs, activate trump card to gain a shitload of new combo potential via new cancels and move properties and then before the trump card wears off activate the burst while in neutral to replenish the trump gauge, double down on the buffs and enjoy extended Trump card time.

As for the story though I got both Climax and Ignition in japanese. I have NO clue what the fuck is goin on. Especially in Climax where it looks like a leftover Dreamcast themed girl from Hyperdimension Neptunia is guiding me through some weird crossover fight scenario where the bad guy is all"Mwahahaha you are the fuckedid. You ams fight Akira from Virtua Fights nows".

I make a side game out of poorly dubbing the pre and post match dialogue.

That's literally all the story mode is lol. Like to a T.

It's a bit of a gamble myself but I'm hoping they'll bring Ignition over even though I didn't get the first game

... Unless they're announcing a sequel with even more characters I want =_=

shaowebb

That's literally all the story mode is lol. Like to a T.

But... that was a story I just pulled out my ass!?
Ya gotta be shittin me. Thats all the effort that went into story mode? Didn't even try to bait the hook before throwing the line out on this one. Guess it knew what it was though. Its a crossover game. If people show up its generally to play as "their character". I only showed up because I need to play everything. The only things I had seen were Dokuro chan and like one episode of Durara.

tenton

It's a bit of a gamble myself but I'm hoping they'll bring Ignition over even though I didn't get the first game

... Unless they're announcing a sequel with even more characters I want =_=

Based on how fast the original dropped in price (started at $40, now at the $21 level), I'm going to guess it sold poorly. So don't count on seeing any more of them (if there are more past Ignition) coming to the west. I mean, it could happen, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I did my part, I even double dipped. And as soon as I can afford a PS4 joystick, I'll buy Ignition...and pay for the free DLC that's not free anymore.

Based on how fast the original dropped in price (started at $40, now at the $21 level), I'm going to guess it sold poorly. So don't count on seeing any more of them (if there are more past Ignition) coming to the west. I mean, it could happen, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I did my part, I even double dipped. And as soon as I can afford a PS4 joystick, I'll buy Ignition...and pay for the free DLC that's not free anymore.

Well considering the fact that they announced a new version about a month before the US one even hit the states I'm not surprised. It was a waste to release the outdated version in the US when they should have just waited it out and gave us ignition instead of at least give us the new characters as free dlc,

Well considering the fact that they announced a new version about a month before the US one even hit the states I'm not surprised. It was a waste to release the outdated version in the US when they should have just waited it out and gave us ignition instead of at least give us the new characters as free dlc,

Indeed. I can't have been the only person who had it pre-ordered and then cancelled when I saw Japan was getting an upgraded version with new characters. They really should have just waited and gave us Ignition instead.

shaowebb

New characters as DLC for Climax wouldn't have worked considering they also added blasterz and tweaked stuff. Ignition is more than just a few new faces and thats all.

Top Bottom