• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 2 [22/2 Night PST, 23/2 Morning GMT]

Should be good like the last one. Only heavyweight match worth talking about in recent years, besides maybe Klitschko vs Fury. Not much to be said about who's gonna win because they either could win, which is why we're watching. Even the betting companies are playing it safe with 1.90 odds(-110, or 10/11) on both fighters.

Last fight;
( full)
(highlights)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Fury is gonna get knocked the fuck out if he really want to ko wilder this time, hyper aggression is not his style.

Also i can't understand how an heavy giant like him can have such pillow fists (relative to hw boxing of course).
It's not even fair when wilder take just one good punch to literally kill people...

Mista

Banned
This is going to be a mad fight l. The first one Fury showed how much of a tough monster he is. I don’t think he’ll beat Wilder but it’s definitely going to be a good fight

mekes

I’m always nervous when a fighter (Fury) switches camps, but sometimes it does work. I like both fighters but I admire Tyson Fury’s openness and honesty. I think Fury is more than capable of out scoring any heavyweight boxer currently fighting, but Wilder is the most dangerous opponent out there. It is a game of cat and mouse and I do think either could win the fight. And yeah if judges weren’t dodgy Fury won the last fight.

This is definitely the biggest fight possible in the heavyweight division. Joshua is decent but imo nowhere near as talented in the ring as Fury. I get angry even thinking about Joshua, stop ducking these 2 guys. He really is currently everything I dislike about how boxing is run. He gets no respect until he fights one of these 2 fighters. So big respect to Fury and Wilder.

Ballthyrm

I will go with Fury winning on points by unanimous decision.
He has to do what he did last time but not get knockdown.

Wilder has to somehow hit even harder.

This is definitely the biggest fight possible in the heavyweight division. Joshua is decent but imo nowhere near as talented in the ring as Fury. I get angry even thinking about Joshua, stop ducking these 2 guys. He really is currently everything I dislike about how boxing is run. He gets no respect until he fights one of these 2 fighters. So big respect to Fury and Wilder.

Joshua is a bum and nobody takes him seriously. He's the UK cashcow and has been a joke for years. Struggled to beat old man Klitschko who nearly put him done, after Klitschko had lost nearly every single round to Fury. That shows us the distance between Fury and Joshua, and why this fight is the best there can be. Joshua is a low IQ mouth piece who says what he's told by Hearn. Fight bums, collect that cash, then retire on a big name cash fight.

Wilder has to somehow hit even harder.

Both fighters are in heavier

Wilder is the heaviest he has ever been. He should be able to hit harder, especially if they're coming towards him more often (physics?) and do better during clinches with a much heavier opponent.

Fury is at the most muscular he's probably ever fought, particularly his legs with the veins popping out. He kept his shirt on for the weigh in, but even his biceps are defined.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Wilder winner take all
giphy.gif

The fact that Fury weighed in at 273 blows my mind; about 20 pounds heavier than their first fight. His speed and movement are what arguably won him the first fight. Wilder weighed in about 15 pounds heavier too and he looks fucking shredded. If Fury can carry the weight of 270 and keep that same movement, he could be a real problem. But it's like Wilder says, "I only have to be great for 2 seconds, my opponents need to be perfect for 12 rounds." I really love both fighters though, but I'm gonna support my American brother and just hope for an awesome fight. This fight and the UFC Dan Hooker/Paul Felder fight happening on the same night make for a fight fans wet dream.

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I see Fury winning due to the fact he is a better technical fighter. Fury got rocked and undertakered his way back up. Wilder throughout the fight threw wild punches tiring himself out. Fury should be able to dissect Wilder tonight in great fashion.

MastAndo

I'm hyped, boys. At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, I would like to see Fury take this one. I just don't care for Wilder as a fighter. Other than that sledgehammer right hand (and a good chin, to his credit), I don't see much else there. Still, if I were a betting man, I do think Fury succumbs to that big WIlder right in this one. I also suspect that nasty cut he had in his last fight might reopen, making things even more difficult for him.

I'm hyped, boys. At the risk of sounding unpatriotic, I would like to see Fury take this one. I just don't care for Wilder as a fighter. Other than that sledgehammer right hand (and a good chin, to his credit), I don't see much else there. Still, if I were a betting man, I do think Fury succumbs to that big WIlder right in this one. I also suspect that nasty cut he had in his last fight might reopen, making things even more difficult for him.

You traitor:

trump.gif

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Fury is in great shape but he’s going more aggressive, less sweet science. It’s really up in the air to me, would not be surprised either way.

SleepDoctor

Banned
They're talking about boxing now tho.

Also rematch clause, there'll be a third fight regardless of the result, for both fighters. At least I think so.

Of course, there's money in another fight regardless. The top guys are tied up anyway. Joshua and Ortiz I believe are doing a third fight. So it's only obvious they cash in on a trilogy on both then maybe sell the winner vs winner of those respective fights.

Still waiting for Fury with his shirt off to see what we're dealing with.

His eyes aren't looking too great, like they're dry or tired.

Last edited:
To be fair it looked hard work. They had trouble steering it around the curve.

Guy behind the singer give the black power fist.

The mask is really fucking cool.

theres zero percent chance they would have that setup actually physically depend on the showgirls. People, or something, under the curtain was in control of it

I’m not hating on them, make money baby

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's amazing how Fury doesn't even look like a strong guy. He's a big tall guy with flabby skin.

He does move abnormally fast for such a tall boxer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom