• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 2 [22/2 Night PST, 23/2 Morning GMT]

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never seen Fury fight before, but he does these wild sweeping punches sometimes leaving himself open.

Wilder has got to counter with these openings.

MastAndo

Wilder doesn't look like he's recovered yet. Also looks like there's blood coming out of his ear, or am I seeing things?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hahahaha! I'm assuming everyone is watching a feed with the same commentators.

"Wilder's eardrum is likely blown"

"Uhhh ya...... that will efeck hiz e-keelee-burumum"

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. That was easy.

Maybe all the heavyweights should skip being buffed out. Just be tall, gangly, and a bit doughy.

Good fight though.

Last edited:
So I noticed two things before even the commentary jumped on. Blood out the ear = eardrum/balance problem. Number two is he kept his left hand down for some reason.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Gaining weight, Putting all his weight on him, making him fight on his back foot, throwing him off weight feints, Fury and Emanuel Steward’s kid had a great gameplan.

MastAndo

Wow, I didn't expect a mauling. Have to give Wilder some credit for continuing to show heart, despite what appears to be some pretty serious damage, the likes of which he has never seen in his career. He didn't quit.

Stopping the fight there was everyone's best bet if there is to be a third fight - though I'm not sure that even needs to happen, as it appears Fury has Wilder figured out.

oagboghi2

By the way, doesn't "going out on your shield" mean...dying. Kind of a strange thing for Wilder to complain about?

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Banned
oF3tyCa.jpg

MastAndo

By the way, doesn't "going out on your shield" mean...dying. Kind of a strange thing for Wilder to complain about?
Yes, but it's a term used in sports pretty often, particularly combat sports. It essentially means if you're going to lose there's no quitting involved, even from your corner.

Top Bottom