• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Beta |OT| Garry's Mod

What's the best class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess the intent of my post went over your head....

In regards to stating the changes, a few bullet points in a TWAB post is nowhere near the amount of changes that will be made by the time the full game gets released.

Cool. Everyone will keep up the criticism in the meantime. I don't think anyone cares if it hurts the feelings of the Destiny defense force.

Tawpgun

I hope they keep core PvP 4v4.

That being said, a larger 6 v 6 mayhem mode... I could see them doing. Maps won't be great for it but whatever.

WipedOut

Cool. Everyone will keep up the criticism in the meantime. I don't think anyone cares if it hurts the feelings of the Destiny defense force.

There is a Destiny Defense Force?

Last I looked almost everyone who is a fan of the OG D1 has major issues with the beta.

In other words, it's not good.

Lothars

Last I looked almost everyone who is a fan of the OG D1 has major issues with the beta.

That's not true, Yeah there's some here that does have major issues but there's just as many that enjoy what they have played. It needs some tuning though.

Count me in the masses that, so far, thinks Destiny 2 stinks.

Every little thing that was good and different and refined about D1 has been mushed.

WipedOut

Nah. A fair share of us like the beta quite a bit.

Not even sure if you guys are even in the majority or if you´re just very, very loud.

Do I make you proud?

Don't you have some earth bounties to complete Glam?

Also I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain.

Marvel

could never
It just needs a couple tweaks, but I absolutely love what I have played of D2 thus far. Can't wait for Sept.

Tovarisc

That's not true, Yeah there's some here that does have major issues but there's just as many that enjoy what they have played. It needs some tuning though.

More or less.

I have about 1k hours in D1 and I don't hate D2 beta. My issues with it for most part can be fixed by tuning numbers behind the scenes. Stuff like 4v4 PvP, double primary and PvE + PvP balancing being one and same won't change this late to the game so those gripes will stay for at least Y1 of D2.

E92 M3

k7Ke59I.png

bigJP

my 2 cents:

pros:
- 4v4
- more emphasis on gunplay than supers
- better graphics
- like the teamwork aspect

cons:
- found story and strike to be meh. not repetitive like d1. in d1 i redid the strikes a million times. felt like a chore to do it once in d2
- something about the movement and gunplay i didnt like
- supers and nades took to long to charge
- guns felt weak (ttk too high). only 1 kill per clip is ridiculous
- hate that you cant lone wolf it as much
- screen feels too cluttered
- not a fan of gun sounds
- game missing that wow factor
- they ruined hunters
- hate the weapon loadouts (2 primaries + 1 heavy). for pvp and pve

need to see more before i make a decision on loot drops, if i like the new guardian upgrade system, weapon/armor mods...

The 4v4 on all PvP modes is going to have to change, they're going to have to put some high player count modes for us casual/less competitive gamers.

WipedOut

More or less.

I have about 1k hours in D1 and I don't hate D2 beta. My issues with it for most part can be fixed by tuning numbers behind the scenes. Stuff like 4v4 PvP, double primary and PvE + PvP balancing being one and same won't change this late to the game so those gripes will stay for at least Y1 of D2.

PVP is fine, obviously my comment went over some peoples head.

My Problem is that simple tuning will not fix the flaws that are apparent in D2. It's a design choice and many people do not like it. (Regarding PVE). I'm not closed minded that it might get better, doesn't mean that I can't complain about it though.

Also my time says hi to your 1k

2017-07-21_10-22-54.png

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally got to play last night. Ahhh, missed Destiny. Can't wait until September.

As soon as I put it on my gf said, "god dammit, not Destiny again". Just wait until September, dear.

I'm loving it now. PvE is challenging. PvP feels good, much more manageable. There's definitely a period of discomfort where things feel off because of being so accustomed to D1, and people also have a tendency to be quick to judge and be hyperbolic in their criticism. That's not to say the beta is perfect, but I'm digging almost every change, and I notice more and more as I play.

Midas

There are lots of issues, but I still like it. Will place my preorder soon. The only thing I'm scared of that is that history will repeat itself, and there are signs that it will - if you ask me. The same two expansion packs, and I have a gut feeling that the story missions will be few. But I might be totally wrong.

WipedOut

The grenade launcher needs some serious LOVE.
All weapons in PVE need some serious love. If you go by their past buffs I don't trust that this tuning they have already done will be enough.

I will wait and see at least and hope and pray that it does.

Tovarisc

My Problem is that simple tuning will not fix the flaws that are apparent in D2. It's a design choice and many people do not like it. (Regarding PVE). I'm not closed minded that it might get better, doesn't mean that I can't complain about it though.

My mention of hours wasn't intended as dig at you. Just remark that I put serious time into D1 and that I don't hate hate D2 beta even when I have issues with it.

I just preferred more casual 6v6 with a lot skill action with that sweating tryhard 4v4 on weekends model that D1 had for PvP. I don't personally like that Bungie is desperate for that eSports scene so they are ramming tryhard sweating into all forms of PvP.

I think they can make PvE and PvP feel quite a bit better by tuning baseline numbers for movement speeds, damage and so on. It won't fix fundamental design decisions like having 2 primaries for some weird ass reason and showing all spice (shotties, snipers, launchers, HMGs....) into same very ammo limited slot.

gatti-man

my 2 cents:

pros:
- 4v4
- more emphasis on gunplay than supers
- better graphics
- like the teamwork aspect

cons:
- found story and strike to be meh. not repetitive like d1. in d1 i redid the strikes a million times. felt like a chore to do it once in d2
- something about the movement and gunplay i didnt like
- supers and nades took to long to charge
- guns felt weak (ttk too high). only 1 kill per clip is ridiculous
- hate that you cant lone wolf it as much
- screen feels too cluttered
- not a fan of gun sounds
- game missing that wow factor
- they ruined hunters
- hate the weapon loadouts (2 primaries + 1 heavy). for pvp and pve

need to see more before i make a decision on loot drops, if i like the new guardian upgrade system, weapon/armor mods...
I think hunters are the best class currently because they can actually move. Warlocks and titans move far too slow for me. Also hand cannons 2-3 shot everything but shielded enemies so ttk isn't a problem to me. The rest of your cons I more or less agree with. Screen doesn't seem cluttered to me though.

First time playing anything Destiny.
Played through the Strike mission with 2 friends while a 3rd one was watching via Shareplay. I wish that mode supported 4 players.

Story didn't do that much for me. Would be a good idea if they added a 2nd mission.
Need to fiddle around with controls as I'm not used to melee on R1.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

2017-07-21_10-22-54.png

2656 hrs? lol, that's cute.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I kind of want to play the beta this weekend. Is it still up? I may have to preorder...I wanted to go PC, but I may do PS4 again because it felt like such a good console shooter.

GlamFM

Banned
I kind of want to play the beta this weekend. Is it still up? I may have to preorder...I wanted to go PC, but I may do PS4 again because it felt like such a good console shooter.

Starting later today the beta is open for everyone. Jump in, it´s great.

Tawpgun

I think the subclass trees for the hunters (the ones they gave us access to anyway) need work. But for the sake of this post I'm gonna give suggestions for the class ability, if they want to keep the dodge. Apply all of them or some of them.

1. It has to be a shadow dodge. Meaning invincible frames.

2. It has to be easier to reorient yourself. I feel like I get more confused when I dodge than my enemy. Maybe make it in first person.

3. If you dodge near allies, they get an agility buff.

4. This is a suggestion taken from Overwatch's uprising event. When you blinked near an AI robot, it would be "confused/stunned" for a second or so. I like this. Make it so if you dodge near enemies, they get "confused/stunned" Stop shooting, look around etc. It would make dodge an aggressive crowd control mechanic.

5. I like the reload your gun mechanic, kinda pointless if chain of woe is active though. Maybe give the guns increased handling or something for a short time as well

6. The recharge melee mechanic is also good... if the melee was worth a damn. Dodging should increase the melee damage as well.

Foxxsoxx

Guys with some tweaks this PVP could be God tier.

Really hope they do some sort of punishment for quitting though, especially since 4v4 now losing one player is pretty much GG.

Also the other only problem is how noticeable how fun the match will be depending on your team. If your guys aren't teamshotting it can be terrible.

bigJP

I think the subclass trees for the hunters (the ones they gave us access to anyway) need work. But for the sake of this post I'm gonna give suggestions for the class ability, if they want to keep the dodge. Apply all of them or some of them.

1. It has to be a shadow dodge. Meaning invincible frames.

2. It has to be easier to reorient yourself. I feel like I get more confused when I dodge than my enemy. Maybe make it in first person.

3. If you dodge near allies, they get an agility buff.

4. This is a suggestion taken from Overwatch's uprising event. When you blinked near an AI robot, it would be "confused/stunned" for a second or so. I like this. Make it so if you dodge near enemies, they get "confused/stunned" Stop shooting, look around etc. It would make dodge an aggressive crowd control mechanic.

5. I like the reload your gun mechanic, kinda pointless if chain of woe is active though. Maybe give the guns increased handling or something for a short time as well

6. The recharge melee mechanic is also good... if the melee was worth a damn. Dodging should increase the melee damage as well.

agreed,
and to add, why is it 3melees to kill!!! even if you hit them from behind

GhaleonEB

Was firing a Pulse Rifle

But I thought it was an Auto Rifle

Because they look and sound pretty much the same

Thanks Bungie.
The auto pulse rifle and auto scout rifle both sound and behave like autorifles. That's not the case with Destiny 1 so I'm not sure what went wrong, but the audio design is definitely part of it. Weapons are not distinct enough.

Guys with some tweaks this PVP could be God tier.

Really hope they do some sort of punishment for quitting though, especially since 4v4 now mean she losing one player is pretty much GG.
This is a good point. A medallion system as used in IB should probably be in place at all times.

Abusing of that infinite nade glitch is the most fun i've had with the beta, not even joking.

I even cross a team doing the same thing and couldn't stop laughing LMAO

Ramirez

The auto pulse rifle and auto scout rifle both sound and behave like autorifles. That's not the case with Destiny 1 so I'm not sure what went wrong, but the audio design is definitely part of it. Weapons are not distinct enough.

This is a good point. A medallion system as used in IB should probably be in place at all times.

The auto scout reminds me of the Carbine, TBH.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Cool, I just want to try the game out on PS4 to see if I should buy it on PC later.

Fair enough. The mission should give you a good feel of it. I played a load of D1 so I'm comfortable with the controller and the layout but I would prefer to play it on PC. I'm just waiting for the PC beta to get an idea of how it performs on my PC. If I'm not happy with the quality of the PC version or how it runs on my PC then I'll just get it on PS4.

Top Bottom