• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 crashes on PS4 Pro and 1080p?

Not that it's really relevant but I did play the beta on my old PS4 Pro (at 4k resolution though) and the game crashed constantly. I got a replacement PS4 Pro and it has been working fine. My old console would crash playing certain games namely the Destiny 2 beta as well as NBA 2K17.

RAL1992

PS Pro crashed constantly on the prologue during beta and unfortunately I ran into the same issue in the live game, I've had major crashes on No Mans Sky recently too but thought nothing of it but reading oniline it seems like it's a hardware issue, amazon are kindly sending a replacement out tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Stoffinator

With the recommendation of some on here to try ROTTR and see if the Pro would crash with that game. I did. And it crashed less than five minutes into the game. I am now sending in my Pro to get a replacement. Thank god it is still under warranty.

IMACOMPUTA

With the recommendation of some on here to try ROTTR and see if the Pro would crash with that game. I did. And it crashed less than five minutes into the game. I am now sending in my Pro to get a replacement. Thank god it is still under warranty.

Mine is a gamestop used ps4 pro that was in immaculate shape when i got it. I'm now a month outside of my 30 day warranty and thinking about killing myself.

It's under warranty through sony still, but they require a receipt and I doubt they'd accept the used gamestop one.

Tillbe

I have a launch PS4 Pro hooked up to a 1080p screen, in the 6-7 hours I've played today I've had it crash 4 times on me, always completely at random. Didn't crash in the opening mission as I've seen so many people experiencing. Probably played a good 2 to 3 hours before I saw my first crash somewhere on Titan and the others have been in totally different places. I also have Diablo 3 but never tried it on my Pro, will have to give it a go and see if I have any issues with it as I've never had any games crash on me before like this.

Just had my first crash after returning to the game while in sleep mode. I was on patrol finishing a mission and boom, random crash. Hopefully not related to my setup.

For reference: ROTTR and Diablo 3 work perfectly for me.

No lie I actually lost sleep thinking about this issue last night. Luckily I got to play up to titan this morning without even a frame drop so hopefully that means im safe. But I feel for some of you pro users with this issue. It sounds like a hardware issue but hopefully its just a bug that can be patched out.

Got a three crashes in a row all from searching for a crucible game at 1080p on a pro. I played a couple missions instead and then went back and was able to get in.

Got a three crashes in a row all from searching for a crucible game at 1080p on a pro. I played a couple missions instead and then went back and was able to get in.
That may be from the servers though. I think ive seen quite a few people struggle with finding crucible matches. It appears that the issue is with the first level.

A friend of mine is having the issue where he crashes in the
plaza section
of the first mission. Said he had the same issue in the beta as well. Outputting and hooked up to a 4KTV so this isn’t limited just to 1080p TVs it seems. Will give him the suggestion of trying the Rise of the Tomb Raider demo.

Been playing about 4 hours straight on my Pro also outputting to 4KTV at 4K and no issues whatsoever. Really curious what exactly causes it and how they didn’t fix it if it’s been prevalent since the beta. Feel awful especially for anyone who bought a D2 Pro Bundle and runs into this issue, that must be so frustrating. Hope they can get this sorted out soon or if replacement consoles will really be necessary.

Marmelade

Some of the crashes may be because of the game (devs are looking into it after all), no need to get too paranoid
Don't have destiny 2 but with my faulty Pro ROTTR crashed systematically within minutes, sometimes as soon as I launched it, not once every x hours

Karak

Huh. Wonder what it could be in these three specific games that causes the issue to come up.

Reminds me of Dead Rising and the 360. Specific titles doing something just a bit more than others in a unique way and man it highlighted a problem

I just finished getting a service request so once my package arrives I'll be without my pro for a few weeks I would imagine. I just hope they fix it. I'm currently downloading destiny 2 on my og ps4 and it's taking forever.

katsais

I have two of my buddies that have PS4 Pros and run the game at 1080p (no 4K TVs), and they been playing 12+ hours straight, and no crashes. Picking up my Best Buy copy tonight, so I'll test out as well.

Bungie better optimize this game for the Pro...what are they thinking?

some of my friends are having crashing problems too, but only with D2. All their other games work fine. I think it's a software problem, not hardware.

I have two of my buddies that have PS4 Pros and run the game at 1080p (no 4K TVs), and they been playing 12+ hours straight, and no crashes. Picking up my Best Buy copy tonight, so I'll test out as well.

Bungie better optimize this game for the Pro...what are they thinking?
It is optimized for the pro. Its even got downsampling for 1080p users. There is probably a faulty component in some ps4 pros that is causing the game to crash.

Jonboy

To help diagnose...

- PS4 Pro on 1080p monitor
- 1 TB Hybrid Installed
- Digital copy of Destiny 2

Have played appx. 6 hours with no issues at all.

At least the game would be the same for everyone. So it's either OS or hardware.

In D1 i had an entire month where i could not log into destiny at all. I think the code was "beaver", or something like that. It didn't happen to most of my friends, but the bungie forums were full of complaints about it. So it wasn't the same for everyone.

It turned out it was a bungie problem.

I didnt buy D2, but checked it out at my friends house. D2 kept crashing, but every other game we tried was perfectly fine.

Furio53

ps4 pro with 1080 here. No issues last night but tonight I've crashed about 8 times in 2.5 hours :( 2 of them hardlock crashes. This sucks.

Mezoly

I got 2 crashes early in the tutorial level. I rebuild the database and turned off Boost mode and HDCP but not able to try it due to Network issues.

I had my Pro since launch with no issues whatsoever with ton of other games. Playing on 4K TV and have the internal HDD replaced with 2TB.

pablito

Been getting nonstop crashes. Tried the ROTTR demo thing, that worked fine until it told me that the rest of the game was installing. Cool whatever. I go back into Destiny 2 and finally get past where you have to defend 3 waves - that's where it crashed for me all the time.

Then I get a bit further and my PS4 Pro fucking just shuts off.

What the fuck.

katsais

It is optimized for the pro. Its even got downsampling for 1080p users. There is probably a faulty component in some ps4 pros that is causing the game to crash.

Well, if Destiny is the only one crashing the Pro...it's probably yet another Bungie issue. Just deductive reasoning.

Shady859

Release day hobo version PS4 (upgraded HD) and digital D2 checking in. I've played about 7-8 hours and honestly didn't even know this was a thing until looking on GAF to see if I was the only one getting the profile permissions error tonight.

joe_zazen

man it would really suck if it were a hardware issue that didn't become apparent until lots of warranties were expired

Yup. I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. I guess I'll be firing up TR and DIII tomorrow.

If it is a design/hardware fault, I hope Sony takes the hit and not us.

Smokey

Just got the D2 Pro Bundle today. Default HDD, 1080p. Physical copy of D2. Did not experience a crash in about 1.5 hr of play.

Mezoly

Welp mine crashed in RoTR demo :( I will call Sony tomorrow and see if I could get it serviced. I bought my Pro from Ebay not an auction but a third party seller so Sony could refuse to cover it under warranty. It's weird that I have finished at least 20 games with no issues at all. HZD, Nioh, COD:IW, Nier, Titanfall 2, FFXV, The Lost Legacy, etc. all had Pro patches with no issues.
Is it online connected games are causing the issue? I know RoTR is single player only but it does connect online all the time for scoreboards stuff.

Top Bottom