• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: "Last Call" Teaser, full trailer March 30 10AM PT / 6PM BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
That didn't really feel like Destiny at all. Hmm

OG Destiny was a pretty generic/malleable blob in terms of feel IMO.

Bungie really needs to make the purpose of what we're doing clear, make a story that feels cohesive and, most importantly, intelligently designed missions that make our actions feel meaningful.

Whether one agrees with the tone of the teaser or not, at least they're going for something.

Hunter Vanguard. Main guy in your ear during The Taken King. Like just about every single mission.

That's what I mean though, it's not really a barometer of who's played the game but of who bought the DLC. I think I have the Crota one but never played it and never got TTK so I'd never heard of Cayde-6 despite spending so many hours on the game.

SheHateMe

Q2jOyII.gif

YES. I love everything about this because it encapsulates how I feel about D2.

"No, I'm going to get off. Bungie, you can stop updating now. No more. Wait, D2? DON'T YOU DARE DO IT. STOP NOW-" *shoots off into space, headed for Mars*

4mEEDN2.gif

molnizzle

is that zavala asking for a report from cayde while he is walking?

Yeah. Guess he survived the attack. Too bad. 😑

That's what I mean though, it's not really a barometer of who's played the game but of who bought the DLC. I think I have the Crota one but never played it and never got TTK so I'd never heard of Cayde-6 despite spending so many hours on the game.

Ah. Well the game didn't really get good until TTK, so people probably just assume you played that one if you logged over 400 hours in Destiny.

SkylineRKR

This teaser has more personality than the entirety of the first game. I liked it, its not taking itself seriously.

Destiny was an addicting piece of shit. I hope Destiny 2 just becomes addicting.

Funny teaser but they should just put out the trailer now. Why wait two days?

Big moment for Destiny is happening right now - they just want to push audience engagement. Nothing wrong with that really, since we won't be seeing a whole lot of it until E3 anyway.

psyfi

Banned
Huh, weird teaser. I appreciate the "laid back robot everyman" thing they're going for... But dude is a little too stupid sounding for me to really like him. But that's a minor complaint overall. Fillion's voice acting and the animations really synced up nicely.

Still a weird teaser though.

Edit : I think it's so different from the normal Destiny "BECOME LEGEND" type of grandstanding that I don't know what to make of it, haha

Weren't the leaks saying a Moon of Saturn would be the big focus this time around, not Earth? I haven't seen another leak that says Earth is the full focus.

The Saturn moon rumor is pretty old. I believe it came out before Destiny 2 was rebooted last year, so who knows what's going to happen.

Heh, kinda shows who has and hasn't played Destiny before when looking at comments about Cayde-6.
You mean the guy who wasn't in the vanilla game which a lot of people dropped off of because it was so bad? Yes, very surprising.

EDIT: I'm now being told he WAS in vanilla but had a small role. Explains why people don't remember him.

Whatever, gameplay is what really matters to me, I couldn't really care less about the characters or tone of this. If they remedy the problems of the gameplay loop in the original then I'll give this a shot. The first one REALLY rubbed me the wrong way, though.

Bsigg12

You mean the guy who wasn't in the vanilla game which a lot of people dropped off of because it was so bad? Yes, very surprising.

He was in the vanilla game. He's the point of contact for Hunters in the tower. They made him a point of emphasis later on.

ch4fx_

*announces Destiny 2

"BOOOOO... WHERES THE FOOTAGE??"

*releases short teaser

"BOOOOO... I DONT LIKE IT THEREFORE IT FUCKING SUCKS!!"

"WHY IS THERE HUMOR IN MY DESTINY?!"

Never change, gaf. I love every one of you. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom