• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm seriously expecting max settings with a i5 3570k and a GTX 970.

With the required specs they gave.

Would like 60fps but we'll see.

Ill update you guys to see what I get if anyone is interested

at what resolution will you be playing though?

Computron

Anyone with an Nvidia Surround Setup want to test whether this game supports three monitors, or better yet, that new Simultaneous Multi Projection thing where they correct the perspective one side monitors?

fast_taker

Bungie Help‏
@BungieHelp
Early Access to the Destiny 2 PC Beta begins at 10 AM Pacific. Players may encounter a queue when first attempting to sign in.

I can't quit thinking that this is the Bungie way to punish me for keep pressing that "Check for updates" button on Blizzard app
The more I check the longer the queue, kind of thing :p

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Bungie Help‏
@BungieHelp
Early Access to the Destiny 2 PC Beta begins at 10 AM Pacific.Players may encounter a queue when first attempting to sign in.

When 10AM arrives...

tenor.gif

I'm really looking forward to destiny on PC but am caustiously optimistic about getting to play without server issues. After work is gonna be great!

Gojeran

Will be pleasantly surprised if the servers are still functional at 10:01AM. Got a code from nvidia experience so I figured I'd try it out but I fully expect massive server issues.

Is there something diff about the PC version server wise?

When they launched the D1 beta, it was pretty much rock sold on consoles the whole time, even from minute one.

Certainly had server issues on occasion from there, but as far as launch, bungie is no stranger to launching very popular online connected AAA games

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
to be fair i never experienced any issues with either beta for the first or second game on PS4. i think it'll be fine. might take awhile to get in for some but i think they got it figured out.

120v

maybe since it's the afternoon on a workday (in NA at least) it won't be too bad. expecting the worst though

gossi

to be fair i never experienced any issues with either beta for the first or second game on PS4. i think it'll be fine. might take awhile to get in for some but i think they got it figured out.

The beta for D2 didn't work for me on PS4 for first ~15 minutes. After that no problems.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
My work day is just starting so I'll be looking forward to diving in after work. I've never played Destiny so how do people usually play? Do you do quests solo and then group up for dungeons/raids? Or do you have to group up for everything?

Also kind of a bummer this is happening during the week and not the weekend. Would love to spend some time in the game over Labor Day weekend.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I am excited to play this small bit if the game that will make the next two months an agonizing wait.

definitely only a small bit of the game. won't even take 2 hours to get through it all. 20-30 minutes for story mission. the strike might take 30-40 minutes. crucible matches are maybe about 10-15 minutes each. if i get in at 6 i'll be done by half 7 probably.

you can't replay the story mission without creating a new character but you can replay the strike/crucible as much as you want. also of course you can always create a new class to see what one you like..

it's gonna be a tough wait for sure. if it doesn't run well then i'll just get it on PS4 but i am still tempted to get it on PS4 to hold me off until October and trade it in towards the PC version if i do decide to get it on PC.

maybe since it's the afternoon on a workday (in NA at least) it won't be too bad. expecting the worst though

Maybe we'll get a diablo 3 situation and error 34 or w/e that one was

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I don't think Bungie's had any failed launches with Destiny yet?

This is their first PC outing in quite some time though. I'm definitely expecting some hiccups, but hopefully this beta test can help them iron out any issues for launch (they did give themselves an extra month for a reason)

definitely only a small bit of the game. won't take even 2 hours to get through it all. 20-30 minutes for story mission. the strike might take 30-40 minutes. crucible matches are maybe about 10-15 minutes each. if i get in at 6 i'll be done by half 7 probably.

you can't replay the story mission without creating a new character but you can replay the strike/crucible as much as you want. also of course you can always create a new class to see what one you like..

it's gonna be a tough wait for sure. if it doesn't run well then i'll just get it on PS4 but i am still tempted to get it on PS4 to hold me off until October and trade it in towards the PC version if i do decide to get it on PC.

Yeah. I'll try every class out since it's my first destiny. More than anything I'm hoping to test performance on my rig and finally get to try out how the game plays. I've always liked the gameplay in bungie games but haven't played one since reach. Hoping I like it because i already bought the 100 bundle for 80 on GMG since the sale was ending today.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Yeah. I'll try every class out since it's my first destiny. More than anything I'm hoping to test performance on my rig and finally get to try out how the game plays. I've always liked the gameplay in bungie games but haven't played one since reach. Hoping I like it because i already bought the 100 bundle for 80 on GMG since the sale was ending today.

hope you enjoy it then! i loved the first game but always felt it would be better at 60fps with a keyboard and mouse. really hope this is it and they don't mess the PC version up.

gossi

Captain Obvious but: You should expect bugs, it's a beta.

You can also expect performance woes in this thread. They're going to be reading the feedback for optimisation.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Captain Obvious but: You should expect bugs, it's a beta.

You can also expect performance woes in this thread. They're going to be reading the feedback for optimisation.

of course but i wouldn't expect major bugs. definitely expecting some performance issues. hopefully nothing too bad though.

Sky87

There is a way to increase FoV through an .ini file, right? Pretty sure i saw that somewhere. Since the game instantly puts you into a mission, i'd like to get all that sorted before i first boot it up.

Has anyone edited such a file yet, or perhaps it won't get created until first launch?

EDIT: I ask because the FoV slider apparently isn't in the beta build.

Rafy

I just remembered that early access to the beta starts today. Is there a code begging thread, I searched but did not find one.

Dec

There is a way to increase FoV through an .ini file, right? Pretty sure i saw that somewhere. Since the game instantly puts you into a mission, i'd like to get all that sorted before i first boot it up.

Has anyone edited such a file yet, or perhaps it won't get created until first launch?

EDIT: I ask because the FoV slider apparently isn't in the beta build.

You aren't instantly in a mission, you create a character (you don't do any customization but you choose class) I imagine you can edit settings at that point but we don't know.

The PC lead dev has said there is a FoV slider in the beta build.

edit: \Users\USER_NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Bungie\DestinyPC\prefs\

but it isn't there yet. It will be generated on first launch.

Top Bottom