• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta for everyone who pre-ordered the game with PlayStation+

has it been confirmed you have to have PS+ to even play the game, even on release? if I pre order and get a beta code do I have to have PS+ to even play it that way? Destiny is going to kill me and i havnt even played it yet.

I think you need PS+ to play all multiplayer games. Since Destiny can't even be played offline, I'd assume you need PS+.

Mr Moose

I played the alpha, which is what made me pre-order the game, which then got me a beta code.
This is good news for people who haven't pre-ordered, they probably will after playing the beta.

Damaniel

Banned
Nice! I was never able to get my pre-order beta code to work, nor was I able to get another code, so this works just as well.

FyreWulff

has it been confirmed you have to have PS+ to even play the game, even on release? if I pre order and get a beta code do I have to have PS+ to even play it that way? Destiny is going to kill me and i havnt even played it yet.

Apparently you can do stuff like Free Roam without Plus. On PS3 it's all free (as far as we know)

T.O.P

Banned
Already got my codes for both X1 and PS4 from Amazon, but this is good too

Still need some time to decide if i'll pick it up

EXIE

Banned
Being selfish here but I'm pretty pissed off cos the main reason I preordered was beta access. I can't really cancel it either because GAME took a 5 pound deposit... It feels like a bait and switch.

See this is why I hate Twitter. So vague. Every. Single. Time. Grrr!

Well ... it sounds like they are saying .. if you have PS+ you will experience the most out of Destiny. Not that if you have PS+ you will actually automatically experience destiny ...

It also says Beta is exclusive to Playstation, most people thought Beta was going to be everyone, including X1 owners who pre-ordered.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So what was the point of preordering?

wow. nice. guess no need to pre-order.

pre-order cancelled :p

lol preordering games

So i preordered the game before cancelling it 2 minutes later for nothing?

Those pre order numbers gonna go down, I pre ordered only for the beta since I'll just buy it at best buy and they will have infinite copies

None. I'm sure they weren't going to definitely be able to do this back when these "preorder for Beta" deals were formed.

Haha, that's fantastic. Glad I didn't preorder to get beta access. Can't imagine people who did are happy about this.

Pre-order the bundle, of course!

Just return it. I returned my preorder to Best Buy last year but I still have their email with a Beta code.

Yeah i agree. They said only way to get into the beta was through preorders. But i guess not now. Not complaining but i do want to get the exclusive though.

As opposed to pissing everyone off who preordered?

To get money from people who can't wait for reviews/release.

Cool. This saves me from having to get it at not Target. I still have money from that target trade in deal that I haven't used.

Off topic rant: I have the worst luck with betas and alphas. For Destiny Alpha I was out of town and now for Destiny Beta, I'll be out of town too. Also Titanfall Beta I was out of town and yeah. I should stop going places.

This basically. Glad that they aren't pushing that preorder bs now. Well at least for PS+ people.

You guys.

You'll run back to pre-order it as soon as the beta closes down. Once you've played the game, you won't be able to resist.

Just wait.
You'll see.

Good move by Sony and Bungie. The more people play this game, the better.

Tenshi Hauru

Neo Member
Well ... it sounds like they are saying .. if you have PS+ you will experience the most out of Destiny. Not that if you have PS+ you will actually automatically experience destiny ...

That's how I read it. I thought it was just referring to the fact that PvP requires PS+ like the Alpha did. I guess we'll see tomorrow when the US Blog does their post for PS+ July offerings.

Orayn

Hmm, how long is the beta supposed to run for? I'm considering picking up a PS4 around the time Destiny comes out, but I may do it sooner.

So i preordered the game before cancelling it 2 minutes later for nothing?

amazon am i cry

heh, was about to post the same thing. i got my two acc in the beta one by preordering in the psn and the other by the amazon trick

good thing though i can get my buddies inside the beta for maximum dmg and make them buy the game already

You guys.

You'll run back to pre-order it as soon as the beta closes down. Once you've played the game, you won't be able to resist.

Just wait.
You'll see.

Good move by Sony and Bungie. The more people play this game, the better.

I know i will get it. I tried the Alpha and it was a blast to play with some friends who had it.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm happy with my preorder and I can give my Beta code to a friend without Plus ;) this game is just amazing.

I think this is being misconstrued. Maybe he just means you need PS Plus to play it because it's multiplayer.

So for example if you got a Beta code but you don't have PS Plus, you can't play it.
You can play Destiny without Plus... Plus is only required for one Destiny mode, the PvP.

Brohan

Lol at people saying they are going to cancel their pre-order because of this.

If you really pre-ordered just for the Beta you could have canceled right after you received your beta code (like many have done with their Amazon pre-orders).

So Yeah, you make no sense at all.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
And my digital only Xbox One lifestyle fails to allow me to gain access to yet another pre-order bonus I would like.

Darksol

Smart move. This will bolster both interest in Destiny, and PS+ subscriptions. Laughing at the forced salt of people who say they'll cancel their preorder now though. This game will be massive, with or without you.

T.O.P

Banned
I'm loving that they're going with different days

Double Destiny Beta Trial...in wich i'll probably get bored of the game before it even ends lol

dyergram

Kind of wish I hadn't pre ordered I like buying digital now can't believe I have to get up and put a disc in my ps4 grrrr.

Top Bottom