• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkyra

Banned
The nova bomb is still the godly super of supers, but Golden Gun isn't "just 3 shots" is what i was getting at. But yes, the ability to quickly dispatch a target at range will be critical to any team's success. Really, when it comes down to it, you need one of each class in your team.

Yes I agree except the fact that the Golden Gun IS three shots makes it great, one fire and forget with Nova is cute but not everyone will enjoy capture the point where they have higher chances of grouped up . GG shines (no pun intended) in the typical FPS flow of combat where you kill one guy then another shows up and another you remain a top threat for so long with GG it's amazing. Now talking other situations 2 shots to kill a turret user is pretty great, I forget the vehicle kill shot numbers though.

funny thing about the Fusion Rifle is I was getting tons of flak for using it from my friends:

"Why?! It's a charge weapon, it sucks!"

Then they saw someone get obliterated with it.

No...no it does not suck at all.

Thanks!!

It shreds, man. I only PvE'ed but fusion rifle is like, the best way to deplete enemy shields apart from point blank shotgun which is freaking suicide on Legend difficulty.

The problem with Golden Gun is that it's pretty shit against shielded enemies.

To be fair, so is Nova Bomb, and I'm 100% pro Warlock. I Nova Bombed a shielded yellow health bar captain on Legend difficulty of the strike and it affected none of its real health bar.

Yes I agree except the fact that the Golden Gun IS three shots makes it great, one fire and forget with Nova is cute but not everyone will enjoy capture the point where they have higher chances of grouped up . GG shines (no pun intended) in the typical FPS flow of combat where you kill one guy then another shows up and another you remain a top threat for so long with GG it's amazing. Now talking other situations 2 shots to kill a turret user is pretty great, I forget the vehicle kill shot numbers though.

Thats an excellent way of putting it and now im more hyped >.<

Unlike the other supers though, you gotta activate it before running into the enemies. I have a clip where i had activated the Golden Gun outside of A on Rusted Lands, but was spotted and had to chase after the guy. Any other super would have stopped him in his tracks, and so would the GG if he didnt see me use it. That's actually when i discovered the super melee. I think ill upload the clip later.

For the vehicles, i think it was 3 to an Interceptor and 2 to a Pike, but ive been one-shotted in 'em before.

gatti-man

Not too excited for the beta since I played alpha. I don't want to burn out on the beginning of the game. Probably dink around with alternate classes a bit and that's it. All in for launch though.

Guys I'm unable to pick my console on the bungie site - is that feature up or am I looking in the wrong place? I'm checking my profile pages among others and can't find the option.

Not too excited for the beta since I played alpha. I don't want to burn out on the beginning of the game. Probably dink around with alternate classes a bit and that's it. All in for launch though.

yeah, I am the same way kind of, part of me wants to consume it all 24/7 stay home form work and go crazy but I want to save stuff for the release. I will probably play the content one more time with a warlock to help me decide between Titan or Warlock before launch and then try my hand and the crucible the rest of the time.

Voorhees

Has there been any response via merging the DestinyGAF PS4 with DestinyGAF? I know the announcements mentioned a GAF'er was speaking to a Bungie rep but nothing since.

The problem with Golden Gun is that it's pretty shit against shielded enemies.

Those lone Elder Vandals tank everything, but it could just be our levels. There are different colored shields though that react to the elements differently, so it depends on which one you're shooting.

So Bungie describes the classes as being:

Warlock: A Jedi Knight/Gandalf/Morpheus
Hunter: Han Solo/Clint Eastwood
Titan: Master Chief/Terminator

So which one is this asshole?

tumblr_mi55jmCT7k1rhg5lso2_500.gif

'Cause this guy can kick some Hive or Fallen ass in the morning and get back to the tower for some "dancing" with the ladies by cocktail hour. Now that is SciFi!

Valkyra

Banned
Thats an excellent way of putting it and now im more hyped >.<

Unlike the other supers though, you gotta activate it before running into the enemies. I have a clip where i had activated the Golden Gun outside of A on Rusted Lands, but was spotted and had to chase after the guy. Any other super would have stopped him in his tracks, and so would the GG if he didnt see me use it. That's actually when i discovered the super melee. I think ill upload the clip later.

For the vehicles, i think it was 3 to an Interceptor and 2 to a Pike, but ive been one-shotted in 'em before.

Yeah it's GG's biggest weakness long start up time with a defenseless animation to boot and zero invulnerability frames. Where as Titan SMASH has a fast start up with invuln frames and can actually take a GG shot to kill a Hunter, but timing is clutch there. You have to deal with all that but god...when you get your first 1 shot 1 kill three times with the GG you get that warm feeling inside. That and your team thanks you for all the orbs of light.

IKizzLE

Not sure whether this is common knowledge but on the Xbox podcast on ign, the final count for maps in the beta was mentioned.

It's 4.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Nice ShareFactory video. I hope this game comes with a set of intros/decals/transitions for ShareFactory.

Not sure whether this is common knowledge but on the Xbox podcast on ign, the final count for maps in the beta was mentioned.

It's 4.
First light will probably be shown last then, but there's a good chance either the Chicago map or the Phobos map will also be shown. There's one map IGN is covering that wont be in the beta.

The Chicago and Phobos maps were in the Ghost Edition video. Someone on a computer can put up a screenshot.

okay so I have a bit of an issue.

When Destiny was first announced I pre-ordered on Amazon and got a beta code. At that time Bungie.net didn't have the ability to login with your PS account. I can't remember my original bungie.net account, and the only email I would use with it, is currently linked to my PS account through bungie.net.

When I try to redeem my code I get the error it has already been used.

not sure what to do.

For once I'd like to see a poll without a silly/joke option so we can get a proper idea of the distribution.
A fourth option, in this case a joke, is actually a good idea for accuracy since people like to vote in polls even if they don't really care. So they have an outlet and the rest of the distribution is probably pretty accurate.

Kyoufu

So we're getting more than just Alpha content for PVE? Excellent.

As far as raids go, I think there's only one at launch and that is for level capped players so of course that wouldn't be in the Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom